J.P. Morgan Part Time Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.6

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Suffern, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Suffern, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was mostly online, with computer generated questions. It was a different experience from that which i was accustomed but overall a good one. Although selected for the job and doing a follow up interview the offer was withdrawn as a piece of my required documentation was not yet in my posession.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider to be a weakness?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

One half-hour interview with the Vice President of the branch. Questions were either qualitative (describe yourself, list your strengths) or they were situational (how would you handle an upset customer, tell me a time you contributed within a team environment). I was given the chance to pose questions at the conclusion of the interview. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why Chase?
      What regulations do you know of as they pertain to tellers or commercial banks?   1 Answer

Part-time Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

First I applied online than got an email from the recruiter to do an interview via hire vue which is about 8 questions you have 30 seconds to prepare for each once and 3 minutes to answer. They do let you practice before taking the actual one but not with questions they will ask you once you start .the hirevue is just you recording yourself answering. Make sure to dress appropriate. After that you get called from branch manager to do in person interview usually with 2 personal/relationship bankers

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for chase?   Answer Question
    • think of a time you helped a friend / relative learn new technology and how it benefited them .   Answer Question
    • think of a time you experienced great customer service and what about that experience did you like ?   Answer Question
    • what would you describe the role as a teller with chase ?   Answer Question
    • are you flexible with our hours ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

12/hr no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the next day for a recorded online interview to be completed within the next 3 days. There was 13 questions and you had 30 seconds to prepare for each one. You then had 3 minutes to respond. Once finished they stated they would review the interview and get back to me. I have yet to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you showed a colleague a form of technology they never have seen and they found it beneficial.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Cordial and engaging people who seemed to genuinely take pride in JPM. I am retired and have substantial experience which may have been a negative, since I was applying for a rather low-level job -- part-time teller.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   1 Answer

The salary was quite low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Marietta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Went through the whole process interview went great. Manager gave me info about reimbursement for traveling to training for 4 days, the assistant manager even told me about the cool Chase tshirt I would be receiving & that I will get a call back the week of April 4th about the next process....I received an email yesterday stating "their business needs has changed & they won't be filling this positive at this time" Really?? Smh. Wasted my gas, time, & effort. I'm reevaluating my stay in Georgia because I been on so many interviews & I know I'm qualified maybe even over qualified for some positions & all these banks do is play with families & provide them with hopes & broken promises. I had so many tell me that I was "hired" & to only leave that office to never hear from anyone again. This experience is just like the others. The interview was great, welcoming, & easy. But to turn around with no job. Smh it's sad & very discouraging!

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mesns to you?
      Why Chase?
      What's your experience with technology?
      Do you know about Chase's new technology?
      What's your background?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Just for a part time teller position, The interview process has taken 2+ weeks. They require you to complete a digital interview before the actual face to face interview. I am actually having the face to face interview today and looking for glassdoor to assist me in preparation. so far the questions have been basic and I have answered them genuinely.

Interview Questions

• if a customer is talking with you and another customer comes up to you and ask you a question, how do you respond.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I Am in negotiation now but it looks as if JP Morgan are pretty set with their salary. which in my opinion are pretty low for an established bank

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bronx, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

You first fill out a questionnaire and if you pass you get a webcam interview, that interview is used for any location you apply to. After the online interview I received a call to come in for an interview and a 1 to 1 1/2 months later I received another call with the offer and a list of things I needed to do before my first day.

Interview Questions

• As a teller how would bring and help bring sales or new accounts to the bankers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Davie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Davie, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied and the next day got a call from the Branch Manager. The interview was awesome! It was more of a conversation and she was really nice. She asked a little bit about me and what I like to do. Be calm and comfortable in the interview and always smile.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They first offered me 11 dollars and hour and I asked if we could bump it up to 12 and then they called me back 15 minutes later and offered me 12. Not every place is willing to negotiate but if you come off as sweet and hard working then they will move up. Goodluck(:

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2015.

Interview

I filled out the application online with the assessment. The assessment had customer service questions as well as math questions. I received an email letting me know of an interview done online through hirevue. They were 13 questions about my work experience and current position duties.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your current position.
      Why are you interested in a teller position?
      Tell us about your education and work experience.
      What experience do you have that you believe will help you in this position?
      What days are you available to work?
      Why would you like to work at Chase?   Answer Question