J.P. Morgan Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I first got a phone call from a Branch Manager saying he/she wanted me to come in so he/she could better describe the position to me. After meeting with him/her he told me that he/she wanted me to meet with his/her manager.

Two days later I met with the district manager and he/she went into even more details about what a PB would be doing. He/she described pay, benefits, and a timeline of the on-boarding process.

About 4 Business days later I got a call from HR.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Monroe, LA) in November 2014.

Interview

Had an assessment first, then a computer interview which was interesting! They gave you 15-20 seconds to prepare your answer while the question showed, then you got 2-3 minutes to answer. It was about 7-10 questions long, general behavioral/describe yourself questions. After that, I had an interview with a manager who had been with the firm for almost 10 years. He was personable and it felt like a conversation! He asked about my customer service experience, bad situations, crazy situations, how I handled it and myself, and how I am handling money. After that, I had a second interview with the district manager, and she asked about my performance at my previous job and just told me about the pay, benefits, training, and how long of a commitment I would be willing to give to the position (i told her two years). I got a call about 20 minutes later from the DM's assistant saying I got the job! Then there were screenings: background, drug, credit, education.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Long process. 3 interviews( 2 with manager, 1 with district manager)

Interview Questions

• What value do you bring to the company   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Must take an assessment test to apply. You'll be contacted by a recruiter to schedule an phone interview, pass the phone interview and get an interview with District Manager.

Interview Questions

• Roll play. Customer "I want to make a payment." Customer doesn't have their checking with Chase.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

application online. Questionnaire online.
    Got a recruiter called 3 weeks later, invited to come over Chase Plaza in NY for an interview with recruiter and a computer test; passed the test, waited 1 week, 2 interviews with 2 different Branch Managers, last interview with Regional Mgr. Job offered.

Interview Questions

• Why should I give the job to you and to the other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kenmore, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Kenmore, WA).

Interview

1-2 Phone Interviews
    1 In-Person interview
    Both the phone and in-person (1:1) interviews were low-pressure, natural and conversational tone. All my interviews were conducted by the branch manager. The in-person interview was done at the branch, which made it comfortable, and not intimidating. The questions were not overly difficult nor stressful, but rather conversational. The only drawback was that health benefits regarding family leave were not initially explained too clearly. But that was addressed and handled during the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in your past to exceed a customer's expectations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The compensation offer was a firm offer from the employer, not negotiated

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Quick and simple, planed out and straight to the point.

Interview Questions

• If I was interested in going to a different branch other then the one I put an application in for   1 Answer

Negotiation

They just laid the offer out and waited for me to say yes or no.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I was recruited by a manager and went through an informal interview with the branch manager, then a formal interview with the regional manager. It was pretty standard questioning. When I was hired they were focusing almost exclusively on customer-service

Interview Questions

• How much would you like to make this year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They said salary was $30k without much wiggle room. I knew other people who work there who started at $32k, but they all had a college degree, and I did not. I didn't try to negotiate any more.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Submitted application online, got the phone HR. Next day interview with branch manager. Then one week later another interview with district manager and then final interview with market manager. Almost after three-four weeks later got the job offer.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

tough interview process, but they are really just looking for a minion to boss around.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time you performed a procedure incorrectly. How did you handle the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

flat rate