J.P. Morgan Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Personal Banker Interview Questions

Interviews at J.P. Morgan

2.9

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Long process. 3 interviews( 2 with manager, 1 with district manager)

Interview Questions

• What value do you bring to the company   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Interview

was taking about 3 months and after so much effort the behavior of the manager was totally a bad surprise! So much rigidity stubbornness and at the end retaliation!

Interview Questions

• was easy for me but on other people opinion the test was pretty challenging, The interview was ok kind of too long but after the interview the manager I thought was nice showed a total and different face and demeanor! Also the overall atmosphere at that branch: Very hostile, cold, unfriendly and unprofessional!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not at all There was no negotiation. I was advised to not mention the salary w the manager and the area manager during the interview,

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

tough interview process, but they are really just looking for a minion to boss around.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time you performed a procedure incorrectly. How did you handle the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

flat rate

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Submitted application online, got the phone HR. Next day interview with branch manager. Then one week later another interview with district manager and then final interview with market manager. Almost after three-four weeks later got the job offer.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I was recruited by a manager and went through an informal interview with the branch manager, then a formal interview with the regional manager. It was pretty standard questioning. When I was hired they were focusing almost exclusively on customer-service

Interview Questions

• How much would you like to make this year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They said salary was $30k without much wiggle room. I knew other people who work there who started at $32k, but they all had a college degree, and I did not. I didn't try to negotiate any more.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Diego, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process was tiring. I had 6 interviews in a month in various areas of San Diego. Everyone asked me the same questions, as it seemed Chase has a standard form for that. They often have a District Manager and a Branch Manager interview you who are not even hiring. You basically get passed around and recommened until someone who is actually hiring, hires you. The culture was sterile and not warm at all.

Interview Questions

• How did you assist an angry customer without telling them "No"?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Chase has a standard salary they present everyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Very straightforward interview process. Questions were all STAR based. 3 interviews total, one with HR phone screen, than District Manager, and than Branch Manager. If you have Life ins lic and FINRA licenses it is a huge plus.

Offer was too low.

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Simple Sales questions. Why do u wanna work for chase

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I had only one interview. Some people had up to 3 interviews for the same position (phone with recruiter, in person with branch manager, in person with district manager). I only met the district manager.

They asked pretty basic questions about my work experience and college. They also wanted me to roleplay a couple of times as if I was a banker, mainly to see how I would interact with a customer and what my basic sales skills were.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to roleplay calling a customer to schedule a phone interview. Honestly, it was pretty easy, but I hadn't prepared for it specifically.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate. They simply hire too many people and have way too many applicants. You might have more success if you're coming with banking experience; I had none.

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

phone interview then interviewed with branch manager then interviewed with district manager