J.P. Morgan Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Personal Banker Interview Questions

2.9

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Long process. 3 interviews( 2 with manager, 1 with district manager)

Interview Questions

• What value do you bring to the company   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviews with branch manager and in some cases with the assistant present as well, asked similar questions about job performance and also made to role play out scenarios

Interview Questions

• Role play out how you would grab a customer from the lobby to bring to your office.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Detroit, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

The networking and first 1:1 interview went really well. The second on site interview was bad. First the HR person sent a confirmation email with spelling and grammer errors as well as wrong dates. Did not pay to drive two hours. As well as the person I interviewed with was very arrogant. He made me do a role play, which I thought I did really well on, but he pointed out errors which werent even relevant to the role play scenario. I didnt get an offer because he didnt like me as an individual.

Seems like a good company to work for if you are interested in being tied down, and having no autonomy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

First interview was on campus, relatively easy with some of the branch managers, then 2nd interview was in chase tower, a lot of social, tours in other chase location, Q&A session and an interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, just some simple questions and trying to sell something   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Denver, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then interviewed with manager at the location I would be working at, then interviewed with district manager. Manager at the branch location was very friendly and enthusiastic, I felt like I would have gotten along well with him as my boss. Branch manager was very negative and made it very clear that I probably would not get the position due to my lack of experience. I had just graduated from college so of course I had no experience yet and made that clear to him but unfortunately the experience factor was a make or break for him.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you delivered exceptional customer service   Answer Question
    • If you could have any job you wanted in the world what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

After phone interview was sent to the Main branch to interview with 2 people from mgmt team from Chase.
    Was escorted up to the top floor. The interview process was so unprofessional, I could hardly believe these 2 people worked for Chase. They were joking amonst themselves during the whole process.
    I said to myself I do not want to work for these 2 guys they were arrongant. Questions were arrogant and unprofessiona. When I answered them they joked about it between them.

Interview Questions

• Sell me a pepsi over a coke   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Garland, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview by recruiter
    Then was called to go in for second interview with manager
    Next day was called for interview with Branch Manager Met twice with him
    Never heard back after i called them and they said they would call me back to let me know whether i got the job. But never received a call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grass Valley, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Grass Valley, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

The initial phone interview was very standard, asking questions off my resume and getting a feel for my experience. The interviewer was concise and professional.

The 2nd interview consisted of the local branch manager and a few employees at the branch where the open position was, doing a panel/role play style interview in the manager's office. They were supportive while at the same time able to share their understanding of the banking world and give me a feel for what I might be in for. I was able to relate well to them because of a few shared experiences, and they were very helpful in the process since I hadn't interviewed for anything in the corporate or financial world up to this point.

The 3rd interview was with the Regional manager at a different branch and she was more rigid, yet helpful through the process. The content of this interview was more specific to the situations I would encounter, the skills I had to bring to the table as a personal banker, and what I could offer as a salesperson. She was very interested in my ability to sell according to the style that Chase trains you for. This was the only interview in which I didn't feel like my personality and skills were totally supported, mostly because I didn't have any sales experience.

In short, the local branch manager was the most supportive and the whole process was helpful in seeing the need for good questions to be asked during an interview, as well as a very teachable attitude when it comes to different companies approaches to things like sales.

Interview Questions

• I am customer that walks into your local branch. What do you do as a banker to get me back to your desk?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bronx, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter, she asked basic questions about my resume. Set me up with a regional manager interview. She said they were going to set an interview with the branch manager, never happened. Never received a call back from them. I wish they would at least sent me an email in order to tell me i was not chosen or anything that reflected that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake in the Hills, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Lake in the Hills, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

The phone interview was approximately 25 minutes in length, and the questions were pretty generic: Why do you want to work for Chase? What is your sales background?

After answering the recruiter's questions, she gave information about the position requirements, salary, etc. I was then informed the next step would be to interview with the Branch Manager.

Interview with Branch Manager took place a few days later. This interview was a lot more in-depth (i.e., role playing scenarios, behavioral-based questions).

The Branch Manager told me that he would contact the recruiter with his feedback, and that the recruiter would contact me if the process would or would not go further.

Interview Questions

• I have been referred to you by one of your current clients to provide a specific service. Please go through the scenario of you selling your services and closing the deal.   1 Answer