J.P. Morgan Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I first got a phone call from a Branch Manager saying he/she wanted me to come in so he/she could better describe the position to me. After meeting with him/her he told me that he/she wanted me to meet with his/her manager.

Two days later I met with the district manager and he/she went into even more details about what a PB would be doing. He/she described pay, benefits, and a timeline of the on-boarding process.

About 4 Business days later I got a call from HR.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Standard interview with their standard list of questions focusing on Sales and Customer Service. For that position they look for people with people skills, who can connect with customers and have a good feel for good customer service in general. Interview took may be 30 minutes, wasn't too stressful with my manager at least.

Interview Questions

• What does great customer service mean to you?
      What does it sounds like?
      What does it look like?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Monroe, LA) in November 2014.

Interview

Had an assessment first, then a computer interview which was interesting! They gave you 15-20 seconds to prepare your answer while the question showed, then you got 2-3 minutes to answer. It was about 7-10 questions long, general behavioral/describe yourself questions. After that, I had an interview with a manager who had been with the firm for almost 10 years. He was personable and it felt like a conversation! He asked about my customer service experience, bad situations, crazy situations, how I handled it and myself, and how I am handling money. After that, I had a second interview with the district manager, and she asked about my performance at my previous job and just told me about the pay, benefits, training, and how long of a commitment I would be willing to give to the position (i told her two years). I got a call about 20 minutes later from the DM's assistant saying I got the job! Then there were screenings: background, drug, credit, education.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

standard questions. role play for sales situation. explain situations in which you had to respond to differently depending on the each interaction. what are your pros and cons. what do you expect from your employment here.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

3 interviews total- first a phone interview, then an in person at the college campus, and the final was a multistep process. We met everyone we were interviewing with (around 15) and introduced ourselves and what we knew that was interesting about the company- then we interviewed with the district manager (1:1), then we had a luncheon with corporate members.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know what makes us special, and how to sell something we cannot live without   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter, basic questions about previous employment, then required an online assessment test. If you pass the test, you are then scheduled an interview with branch manager, if successful, another interview with a District Manager is scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, "tell me about a time..", "sell me this pen.."   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is little to no negotiation unless you have previous banking experience. Personal Bankers are paid a base salary + commission. Personal bankers are required to farm the local community, personal referrals, and repeat customer for checking/savings accounts, bringing over balances from other banking institutions, car/home/student loans, and required to introduce Financial Advisors to push Chase Wealth Management.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Interview

was taking about 3 months and after so much effort the behavior of the manager was totally a bad surprise! So much rigidity stubbornness and at the end retaliation!

Interview Questions

• was easy for me but on other people opinion the test was pretty challenging, The interview was ok kind of too long but after the interview the manager I thought was nice showed a total and different face and demeanor! Also the overall atmosphere at that branch: Very hostile, cold, unfriendly and unprofessional!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not at all There was no negotiation. I was advised to not mention the salary w the manager and the area manager during the interview,

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Long process. 3 interviews( 2 with manager, 1 with district manager)

Interview Questions

• What value do you bring to the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Flushing, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I had two sets of three phone interviews on separate days. After this I had another set of three in person interviews and two different locations

Interview Questions

• what is a great customer experience   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

application online. Questionnaire online.
    Got a recruiter called 3 weeks later, invited to come over Chase Plaza in NY for an interview with recruiter and a computer test; passed the test, waited 1 week, 2 interviews with 2 different Branch Managers, last interview with Regional Mgr. Job offered.

Interview Questions

• Why should I give the job to you and to the other candidates?   Answer Question