J.P. Morgan Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.9

157 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

standard questions. role play for sales situation. explain situations in which you had to respond to differently depending on the each interaction. what are your pros and cons. what do you expect from your employment here.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Standard interview with their standard list of questions focusing on Sales and Customer Service. For that position they look for people with people skills, who can connect with customers and have a good feel for good customer service in general. Interview took may be 30 minutes, wasn't too stressful with my manager at least.

Interview Questions

• What does great customer service mean to you?
      What does it sounds like?
      What does it look like?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with the two managers. They were very nice and enjoyable to speak with.
    Questions were: why chase? Tell me a time with a difficult customer. Why don’t you like and dislike about your current job? Lots of behavior questions where they gave a situation and you have to come up of a solution.

Interview Questions

• why chase? Tell me a time with a difficult customer. Why don’t you like and dislike about your current job? Lots of behavior questions where they gave a situation and you have to come up of a solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I had only one interview. Some people had up to 3 interviews for the same position (phone with recruiter, in person with branch manager, in person with district manager). I only met the district manager.

They asked pretty basic questions about my work experience and college. They also wanted me to roleplay a couple of times as if I was a banker, mainly to see how I would interact with a customer and what my basic sales skills were.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to roleplay calling a customer to schedule a phone interview. Honestly, it was pretty easy, but I hadn't prepared for it specifically.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate. They simply hire too many people and have way too many applicants. You might have more success if you're coming with banking experience; I had none.

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Luis Obispo, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

All applications must be submitted online. These applications and attachments are sent to a recruiter who filters through the candidates. A branch manager who is the hiring employee for branches will interview candidates. From online submission to interview is about a 1 1/2 - 2 week process. Interviews usually consistent of 1-2 people (branch manager, maybe a district or assistant branch manager). If hired, there are steps that must be completed and communication made with a hiring team before you step foot into the branch. From the time of interview to the first day of work takes about 1-2 weeks depending on how fast you complete the paperwork/fingerprints/drug test.

Interview Questions

• Customer service skills is huge! The customer is Chase's main priority.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter called and offered me the position. The salary was offered in terms of hourly rate and annual pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Philadelphia, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New Philadelphia, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later received a call from the branch manager where the position was being offered. I had a 1:1 interview with her including basic questions. About a week and a half later, I received a call to schedule a second interview with the district manager. After a few days, I had my second interview. Again, very basic questions, including reviewing my resume. It took almost two weeks before I heard from the recruiting rep. offering me the position. Overall, Chase is a good company. However, it felt like the interview process took much longer compared to other companies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviews with branch manager and in some cases with the assistant present as well, asked similar questions about job performance and also made to role play out scenarios

Interview Questions

• Role play out how you would grab a customer from the lobby to bring to your office.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

First, I applied online and filled out an evaluation on the Chase hiring site. Then I had a phone interview with the recruiter. Then an interview with the branch manager and asst. manager, then an interview with the district manager. After all the interviewing i had to go in for fingerprinting (twice) and have a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Detroit, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

The networking and first 1:1 interview went really well. The second on site interview was bad. First the HR person sent a confirmation email with spelling and grammer errors as well as wrong dates. Did not pay to drive two hours. As well as the person I interviewed with was very arrogant. He made me do a role play, which I thought I did really well on, but he pointed out errors which werent even relevant to the role play scenario. I didnt get an offer because he didnt like me as an individual.

Seems like a good company to work for if you are interested in being tied down, and having no autonomy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nassau, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Nassau, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

You take a test online, if you pass they call you up for an interview. There you're put into a room with the other candidates and wait while two different managers come around and interview you separately. Then you meet with the hiring director and she either tells you that you'll hear from them in a few days, that you interviewed well and they'd like to bring you back for another round with different branches, or that they want you to start as a teller to get experience with the products they offer.

Interview Questions

• Sell me (whatever it is you have experience in).   1 Answer

Offered a teller job.