J.P. Morgan Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.9

158 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nassau, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Nassau, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

You take a test online, if you pass they call you up for an interview. There you're put into a room with the other candidates and wait while two different managers come around and interview you separately. Then you meet with the hiring director and she either tells you that you'll hear from them in a few days, that you interviewed well and they'd like to bring you back for another round with different branches, or that they want you to start as a teller to get experience with the products they offer.

Interview Questions

• Sell me (whatever it is you have experience in).   1 Answer

Offered a teller job.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

First interview was on campus, relatively easy with some of the branch managers, then 2nd interview was in chase tower, a lot of social, tours in other chase location, Q&A session and an interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, just some simple questions and trying to sell something   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Denver, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then interviewed with manager at the location I would be working at, then interviewed with district manager. Manager at the branch location was very friendly and enthusiastic, I felt like I would have gotten along well with him as my boss. Branch manager was very negative and made it very clear that I probably would not get the position due to my lack of experience. I had just graduated from college so of course I had no experience yet and made that clear to him but unfortunately the experience factor was a make or break for him.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you delivered exceptional customer service   Answer Question
    • If you could have any job you wanted in the world what would it be?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview

Interview with manager was low pressure and easy conversational tone. A couple of "tell me about a time when you" behavioral questions but overall easy to answer. It took some time to get the interview and there was a substantial amount of on-line work to do and testing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult supervisor or manager   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westwood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Westwood, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Got an email a few days after applying online. I received 9 rejections before gaining the interest of a specific branch. The phone interview was short and asked what I knew what the position consisted of. The interview with the branch manager was very relax and professional. Then the interview with the district manager was extremely casual and brief. He then told me to expect an offer soon and received a call offering me the position a few hours later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you received extraordinary customer service.   1 Answer
    • Are you honest?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when a customer was angry, and what did you do to deal with it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay was good so I did not negotiate. There is slight room for negotiation, but must be ready to give a reason why you deserve more money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

After phone interview was sent to the Main branch to interview with 2 people from mgmt team from Chase.
    Was escorted up to the top floor. The interview process was so unprofessional, I could hardly believe these 2 people worked for Chase. They were joking amonst themselves during the whole process.
    I said to myself I do not want to work for these 2 guys they were arrongant. Questions were arrogant and unprofessiona. When I answered them they joked about it between them.

Interview Questions

• Sell me a pepsi over a coke   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Detroit, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

Online application followed by a phone screening and a 1:1 interview with district manager.

Interview Questions

• Sell me an object in this room.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

On-campus career fair and "pre-night" where we met the campus interviewers. Pretty laid back social environment and informal information session
    On-campus interview, 1:1. Pretty basic sales questions. They had me sell them a pen.
    Interview at Chase Tower in Chicago. Involved a 1:2 interview w a branch manager and a district manager, tour of a branch, and a frickin awesome lunch on the top floor of the tower. Get the filet.

Interview Questions

• I am a long-time customer at your writing utensil store. I always buy pencils, but this month your shipment is late and you only have pens. Sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Temecula, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I first got a call from chase recruiting center asking questions to see if i was qualified for personal banker. The recruiter then proceeded to schedule me an interview with the branch manager. The branch manager then proceeded to schedule an interview with the district manager. The district manager told me that the position I was applying for was not for a specific branch. In this personal banker position I would be moving around branches until they could find me a home branch.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Out of all the banks i have applied for Chase pays the most. I didnt negotiate because pay is already good plus their comission is very good as well. Base pay is around $34,000 a year and their is no cap for how much you could earn in comission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

applied online and got a phone call interview from the recruiter. Recruiter asks couple of questions regarding your sales ability, give me a time when you had to handle an irate customer, HAve you ever coached someone, previous job question, etc. took about 20 min. Recruiter scheduled me an appointment with Branch manager & assistant manager and interviewed for 30 min. Following day, district manager called me and asked quick simple qusetions like why do you want to work for chase. The district manager offered me the job and told me that the recruiter will call me regarding the offer letter. Got denied because of my previous criminal background history in 2007. (5 yrs had to pass from the date when the case was dismissed.)

Interview Questions

• How would you create business when the traffic is slow.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you had an upset customer   1 Answer