J.P. Morgan Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.9

159 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

applied online and got a phone call interview from the recruiter. Recruiter asks couple of questions regarding your sales ability, give me a time when you had to handle an irate customer, HAve you ever coached someone, previous job question, etc. took about 20 min. Recruiter scheduled me an appointment with Branch manager & assistant manager and interviewed for 30 min. Following day, district manager called me and asked quick simple qusetions like why do you want to work for chase. The district manager offered me the job and told me that the recruiter will call me regarding the offer letter. Got denied because of my previous criminal background history in 2007. (5 yrs had to pass from the date when the case was dismissed.)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had an upset customer   1 Answer
  • How would you create business when the traffic is slow.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

The Interview question are basically consist of sales and customer service experiences. Walk recruiter through my resume. Be confident and detail, the recruiter love that. Make sure you do your homework, that way you wont be nervous.

Interview Questions

• This position consist of sales. Sell me any item of your choice.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none. Be ready to what you get yourself into, retail banking is stressful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Garland, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview by recruiter
    Then was called to go in for second interview with manager
    Next day was called for interview with Branch Manager Met twice with him
    Never heard back after i called them and they said they would call me back to let me know whether i got the job. But never received a call back.

Anonymous Employee in Hewlett, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hewlett, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

If you really want this position, you need to be upbeat and conversational. Ask lots of questions about the interviewer time with the company and advancement opportunities. Be prepared to talk about what you can do to grow the branch's profitability and be ready with examples.

Interview Questions

• What do you think this position is for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. After I got the position, I heard from other new co-workers at training that a few did and got what they ask for (but be prepared with the reason why you deserve more money)

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied in online. There were test that we had to pass. There are math questions as well. After a few days later, I was contacted by the HR. Then I had a phone interview. After I passed the phone interview, I was scheduled to see one of the managers in the branch. When I had an interview with one of managers, I was also interviewed with area manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was simply told how much and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grass Valley, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Grass Valley, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

The initial phone interview was very standard, asking questions off my resume and getting a feel for my experience. The interviewer was concise and professional.

The 2nd interview consisted of the local branch manager and a few employees at the branch where the open position was, doing a panel/role play style interview in the manager's office. They were supportive while at the same time able to share their understanding of the banking world and give me a feel for what I might be in for. I was able to relate well to them because of a few shared experiences, and they were very helpful in the process since I hadn't interviewed for anything in the corporate or financial world up to this point.

The 3rd interview was with the Regional manager at a different branch and she was more rigid, yet helpful through the process. The content of this interview was more specific to the situations I would encounter, the skills I had to bring to the table as a personal banker, and what I could offer as a salesperson. She was very interested in my ability to sell according to the style that Chase trains you for. This was the only interview in which I didn't feel like my personality and skills were totally supported, mostly because I didn't have any sales experience.

In short, the local branch manager was the most supportive and the whole process was helpful in seeing the need for good questions to be asked during an interview, as well as a very teachable attitude when it comes to different companies approaches to things like sales.

Interview Questions

• I am customer that walks into your local branch. What do you do as a banker to get me back to your desk?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

The interviewer asked me to sell her a product, why did I choose Chase. She didn't seem to remember that we have an interview in the first place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bronx, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter, she asked basic questions about my resume. Set me up with a regional manager interview. She said they were going to set an interview with the branch manager, never happened. Never received a call back from them. I wish they would at least sent me an email in order to tell me i was not chosen or anything that reflected that.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Sacramento, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Two part interview process. Met with the branch manager for the first interview and then was called a few days later for a secondary interview with the district manager. Can be single part with only the branch manager, varies.

Once hired on had to do a criminal background check via fingerprinting with another company and then a drug test with a 3rd party as well.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I handled difficult customers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

After the second interview, I received a call with what my yearly base salary would be before tax and additional commission, probably could have negotiated it but didn't. Negotiated start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake in the Hills, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Lake in the Hills, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

The phone interview was approximately 25 minutes in length, and the questions were pretty generic: Why do you want to work for Chase? What is your sales background?

After answering the recruiter's questions, she gave information about the position requirements, salary, etc. I was then informed the next step would be to interview with the Branch Manager.

Interview with Branch Manager took place a few days later. This interview was a lot more in-depth (i.e., role playing scenarios, behavioral-based questions).

The Branch Manager told me that he would contact the recruiter with his feedback, and that the recruiter would contact me if the process would or would not go further.

Interview Questions

• I have been referred to you by one of your current clients to provide a specific service. Please go through the scenario of you selling your services and closing the deal.   1 Answer