J.P. Morgan Private Bank Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Private Bank Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Interview

Was sent a follow-up email regarding doing an online interview through a website called hirevue after applying for the job. The interview itself was not bad; just had to record yourself answering some standard questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Palm Beach, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone calls followed by a Superday in the office (6 ~30 minute interviews). Mostly behavioral, some questions on the markets and your thoughts. Relatively laid back interview process for a company of J.P. Morgan's caliber.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Overall it was pretty straight forward. They didnt try to trick me at all. I had two phone interviews before the superday. The first interview was with a very junior analyst and the second was a conference between two more senior analysts.

They flew me out to the superday and I had five interviews in a row with 2-3 people interviewing me in each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me whats going on in the market
      How would you invest someone's money based of ______ criteria
      What is a question we haven't asked you
      Why JPM
      When have you worked in a group
      What are your hobbies
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I first talked to an HR employee on the phone with strictly behavioral questions. Next, I interviewed with two 2nd year financial analysts, and there were a few technical questions asked (i.e. describe the current markets). I was then invited back for a "Super Day." The Super day consisted of 5 back-to-back interviews with several employees within the private banking office. My super day was held on a Friday, and HR let me know their decision the next Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• Explain how long term interest rates will be affected by the Fed's short-term interest rate decision   Answer Question

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Straightforward, two phone screens with people on the team with mainly fit stuff. Got to have an opinion on the market that you can pull from current events (i.e. articles in WSJ or FT that are relevant). 3-4 one on one interviews in the office that were a bit more direct, but still focused on fit and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Given your opinion on future interest rates: what would your asset class allocation be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

On campus interview - 2 rounds each with 2 interviewers. Typically followed by a super day at the office, but I was hired directly after on campus interviews. They place heavy value on how much you networked and on the "Why Private Banking?" and "Why JPM?" questions. Received offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• If given a 10 million dollar portfolio, how would you invest it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through university. Next step was a 2 on 1 on campus 30 minute interview. Followed up by an office visit where i met with various bankers, analysts, and investors. Turned into a super day at the office with 4 30 minute interviews with bankers and analysts and investors and senior management.

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I found out about the opportunity at a job fair and submitted my resume through a recruiter. The process as far as feedback was slow. From start to offer was almost four months. My process was a bit more unorthodox as I did not go through the campus recruiting. Additionally, I interviewed at three different offices in the area before a position opened. I went on a total of five interviews. I had a phone interview (screening interview) with an HR representative. I also had 1:1 interviews with two managing directors and two executive directors. Additionally, after the third interview I was able to meet with two of the current analysts at the location.

Interview Questions

• This position was a career change for me so most of my questions revolved on WHY I wanted the position. What interested me about wealth management? Why JP Morgan? What am I doing currently to follow the markets? Only had a few "technical" questions: Where do you see the markets going in 2014? What are you currently invested in and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as the offer was what I expected/wanted. I felt the offer was in line with what I had seen others receive for the same position.

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview process started with two separate phone interviews, then 2 separate face-to-face interviews. Recruiters were very diligent about being as timely as possible and I was never left in the dark. Once offered the position, the on-boarding process was very smooth.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected. Questions were very behavioral with a few high-level industry questions. Interview process was more about fit than anything.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Three rounds of skype interviews and a super-day consisting of three half-hour interviews. This was an "expedited" interview process, as I interviewed while interning at a different department within J.P. Morgan.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to work at least 60 hours most weeks?   1 Answer