J.P. Morgan Private Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Private Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Palm Beach, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone calls followed by a Superday in the office (6 ~30 minute interviews). Mostly behavioral, some questions on the markets and your thoughts. Relatively laid back interview process for a company of J.P. Morgan's caliber.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I first talked to an HR employee on the phone with strictly behavioral questions. Next, I interviewed with two 2nd year financial analysts, and there were a few technical questions asked (i.e. describe the current markets). I was then invited back for a "Super Day." The Super day consisted of 5 back-to-back interviews with several employees within the private banking office. My super day was held on a Friday, and HR let me know their decision the next Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• Explain how long term interest rates will be affected by the Fed's short-term interest rate decision   Answer Question

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Straightforward, two phone screens with people on the team with mainly fit stuff. Got to have an opinion on the market that you can pull from current events (i.e. articles in WSJ or FT that are relevant). 3-4 one on one interviews in the office that were a bit more direct, but still focused on fit and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Given your opinion on future interest rates: what would your asset class allocation be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied internally and reached out to the recruiter same day. About two weeks later, the hiring manager brought me in for an interview. Interviewed with Managing Director & the Analyst Manager. Also was able to speak to two equal level Analysts at the end.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think the market is heading and why?   Answer Question
    • What is a stock you are currently invested in and why?   Answer Question
    • What sorts of investments would you recommend for a retiree assuming interest rates are rising.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

On campus interview followed by a super day. The people were very nice but the recruiter didnt seem to be well prepared. Was never told that I had the job or didnt have the job. Ended up going elsewhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New Orleans, LA) in May 2012.

Interview

On campus interview. Someone backed out of the job and they we're trying to fill the position quick. There was only one round of 2 on 1 interviews that they used to pick a candidate and you only got 20 minutes to prove your worth. Pretty basic finance questions, why JP Morgan, why Private Banking, etc...

Interview Questions

• Give us your opinion on where you think the markets are going for next year.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA) in December 2010.

Interview

Great interview with an analyst--more of a conversation/get to know you experience. Asked basic background questions, talked about analyst training, and discussed the hiring process.

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2015.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, video interview, technical interview and behavioural interview. If successful, then will be invited to a follow-up interview.

The technical interview was quite harsh, it was a bit like stress testing. The behavioural interview was rather easy. The HR asked a lot of follow-up questions from my past experience.

Interview Questions

• What are options?
      What is the stock price of your previous intern company?
      Answer Question

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

First round was phone interviews. Spoke to associates and analysts.

Next round: super day

One of the associates was rude and was probably having a bad day. I got cut off mid sentence at least 10 times in a 30 min conversation.

Interview Questions

• Pitch a stock.
      Explain Fed's activity without using any financial terms.
      Behavioral questions
      brain teasers
      Answer Question

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of group discussion. same format. introduce yourself, answer random question in dialogue cards. sell them a product which is assigned to you. tell them about a recent news. And some other behavior questions/