J.P. Morgan Private Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Private Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2015.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, video interview, technical interview and behavioural interview. If successful, then will be invited to a follow-up interview.

The technical interview was quite harsh, it was a bit like stress testing. The behavioural interview was rather easy. The HR asked a lot of follow-up questions from my past experience.

Interview Questions

• What are options?
    What is the stock price of your previous intern company?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I first talked to an HR employee on the phone with strictly behavioral questions. Next, I interviewed with two 2nd year financial analysts, and there were a few technical questions asked (i.e. describe the current markets). I was then invited back for a "Super Day." The Super day consisted of 5 back-to-back interviews with several employees within the private banking office. My super day was held on a Friday, and HR let me know their decision the next Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• Explain how long term interest rates will be affected by the Fed's short-term interest rate decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

First interview was easy just asked me about my classes and experiences, second interview was tough with quantitative questions... 5 differnet interviews on superday with two people interviewing you each time. Some situational questions

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you used criticism to improve on something?   Answer Question

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

First round was phone interviews. Spoke to associates and analysts.

Next round: super day

One of the associates was rude and was probably having a bad day. I got cut off mid sentence at least 10 times in a 30 min conversation.

Interview Questions

• Pitch a stock.
      Explain Fed's activity without using any financial terms.
      Behavioral questions
      brain teasers   Answer Question

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2014.

Interview

Group Assessment Exercise

Self introduction. Selling of products. Discussion of topics (6mins in total including preparation time). In total around 100 attendants. There are 6 candidates on each group of assessment.

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

Interview

Spoke with HR Initially on the phone. Went well and went into headquarter in New York and spoke with 8+ junior and senior people from different teams. Most of the were behaviour questions about yourself and your hobbies, strengths, weaknesses. Spoke with different asset class leaders, VPs, associates, EDs, Analysts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied internally and reached out to the recruiter same day. About two weeks later, the hiring manager brought me in for an interview. Interviewed with Managing Director & the Analyst Manager. Also was able to speak to two equal level Analysts at the end.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think the market is heading and why?   Answer Question
    • What is a stock you are currently invested in and why?   Answer Question
    • What sorts of investments would you recommend for a retiree assuming interest rates are rising.   Answer Question

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2012.

Interview

They called out of the blue, on a friday night. Didnt expect it coming. They actually mentioned they were asking for my particulars, but proceeded into an interview. They asked about why choice of degree, what i did during my internship, and trends in the landscape.

Interview Questions

• How will you convince clients because of your young age?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

My friend who interned with the Private Bank referred my resume over the summer. I then had 3 phone interviews (2 with HR reps, 1 with a current PB Analyst), and then did not here from then for quite some time. I then received an email several months later and was invited down for a superday. The superday consisted of one 2:1 interview, and three 1:1interviews. They asked me several difficult questions regarding the fiscal cliff, QE3, and a lot of questions regarding my internship/other finance experience. Very few behavioral questions. They said they would be in touch in about two weeks and I received a call roughly 30 minutes after the interviews with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your thoughts regarding the fiscal cliff and how do you expect the market to react?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was well above the average offer so I accepted without any negotiation.

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Interview

Was sent a follow-up email regarding doing an online interview through a website called hirevue after applying for the job. The interview itself was not bad; just had to record yourself answering some standard questions.