J.P. Morgan Private Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Private Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Multiple interviews - fit & technical. Focus on Macro & how changes affect clients.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview process started with two separate phone interviews, then 2 separate face-to-face interviews. Recruiters were very diligent about being as timely as possible and I was never left in the dark. Once offered the position, the on-boarding process was very smooth.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected. Questions were very behavioral with a few high-level industry questions. Interview process was more about fit than anything.   Answer Question

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of group discussion. same format. introduce yourself, answer random question in dialogue cards. sell them a product which is assigned to you. tell them about a recent news. And some other behavior questions/

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through university. Next step was a 2 on 1 on campus 30 minute interview. Followed up by an office visit where i met with various bankers, analysts, and investors. Turned into a super day at the office with 4 30 minute interviews with bankers and analysts and investors and senior management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA) in December 2010.

Interview

Great interview with an analyst--more of a conversation/get to know you experience. Asked basic background questions, talked about analyst training, and discussed the hiring process.

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2011.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions to make sure you are a right fit for the company. The discussion led to why I was interested in managing clients portfolios. Other questions consisted of leadership demonstration, situation-based questions (tell me a time where...).

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to make quick, efficient decisions under pressure.   Answer Question

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2013.

Interview

Went through campus recruiting for the Private Bank Analyst across various teams. All the team members were very nice, except a senior woman who was falling asleep (literally could not keep her eyes open) from the moment she stepped into the room to the end, which was interesting... Ended up withdrawing from the process as there was another offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very qualitative i.e. how to invest 1M dollars   Answer Question

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Reached out to me directly after applying on their website. First it was a phone interview covering markets and investment ideas (mostly theme based). Next was an on-site interview with the whole team rotating. Mostly behavioral with some investment ideas, showing market knowledge and some portfolio allocation idea.

Interview Questions

• How would you allocate a conservative portfolio across asset classes (percentage breakdown)? Do you know what convexity is? (nothing too out of the ordinary)   Answer Question

Interested in pursuing further studies instead

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

On campus interview - 2 rounds each with 2 interviewers. Typically followed by a super day at the office, but I was hired directly after on campus interviews. They place heavy value on how much you networked and on the "Why Private Banking?" and "Why JPM?" questions. Received offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• If given a 10 million dollar portfolio, how would you invest it?   1 Answer

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2010.

Interview

Interviewed through school recruiting. Interviewed with team of managing director and analyst. Mostly behavioral "fit" questions and 1 or 2 market-oriented questions.

Interview Questions

• Design a portfolio for our client based on your current market outlook.   Answer Question