J.P. Morgan Private Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Private Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Interview

Was sent a follow-up email regarding doing an online interview through a website called hirevue after applying for the job. The interview itself was not bad; just had to record yourself answering some standard questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Palm Beach, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone calls followed by a Superday in the office (6 ~30 minute interviews). Mostly behavioral, some questions on the markets and your thoughts. Relatively laid back interview process for a company of J.P. Morgan's caliber.

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2015.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, video interview, technical interview and behavioural interview. If successful, then will be invited to a follow-up interview.

The technical interview was quite harsh, it was a bit like stress testing. The behavioural interview was rather easy. The HR asked a lot of follow-up questions from my past experience.

Interview Questions

• What are options?
      What is the stock price of your previous intern company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was one telephone interview and one super day. Phone interview was behavioral. Super day primarily behavioral with some technical questions. Majority of the questions were based off my resume, which seemed to be reviewed extensively. All levels of management interviewed me from analysts to Vice President's. People were very kind, and seemed generally interested in what I was saying.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to complete a project without given instruction?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not attempt

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Overall it was pretty straight forward. They didnt try to trick me at all. I had two phone interviews before the superday. The first interview was with a very junior analyst and the second was a conference between two more senior analysts.

They flew me out to the superday and I had five interviews in a row with 2-3 people interviewing me in each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me whats going on in the market
      How would you invest someone's money based of ______ criteria
      What is a question we haven't asked you
      Why JPM
      When have you worked in a group
      What are your hobbies   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I first talked to an HR employee on the phone with strictly behavioral questions. Next, I interviewed with two 2nd year financial analysts, and there were a few technical questions asked (i.e. describe the current markets). I was then invited back for a "Super Day." The Super day consisted of 5 back-to-back interviews with several employees within the private banking office. My super day was held on a Friday, and HR let me know their decision the next Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• Explain how long term interest rates will be affected by the Fed's short-term interest rate decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

On campus interview - 2 rounds each with 2 interviewers. Typically followed by a super day at the office, but I was hired directly after on campus interviews. They place heavy value on how much you networked and on the "Why Private Banking?" and "Why JPM?" questions. Received offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• If given a 10 million dollar portfolio, how would you invest it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Three rounds of skype interviews and a super-day consisting of three half-hour interviews. This was an "expedited" interview process, as I interviewed while interning at a different department within J.P. Morgan.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to work at least 60 hours most weeks?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

On campus interview followed by a super day. The people were very nice but the recruiter didnt seem to be well prepared. Was never told that I had the job or didnt have the job. Ended up going elsewhere.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through university. Next step was a 2 on 1 on campus 30 minute interview. Followed up by an office visit where i met with various bankers, analysts, and investors. Turned into a super day at the office with 4 30 minute interviews with bankers and analysts and investors and senior management.