J.P. Morgan Private Banking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Private Banking Interview Questions

3.1

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Private Bank Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2016.

Interview

It was a very smooth process as they communicated fairly well throughout the process and they were quick to set up an interview and respond with an answer. Be prepared for technical questions on the market and if you are doing private banking, be ready to answer why you want to do private banking. It was a very positive experience even though I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• If I am a 40 year old individual and I have 50 million dollars, how would you go about investing this money?
    If I am a client who has been travelling for the past 5 months and hasn't read anything about the markets, can you please summarize what is happening in the markets globally?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online via the company portal and my school recruiting website in December. I then had an on-campus and phone interview in late January. Heard back from the company a week later in which I was notified I would be moving on to a super day (and it would be two weeks after receiving the call). On super day I had 4 interviews; overall, the process was about 2.5 hours long. I was notified a week later that I received an offer to intern with the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Talk to me about what is going on in the markets?
      How would you invest a clients assets?
      What do you think this position consists of?   Answer Question

Private Banking Interview

Interview

I interviewed for intern in Chicago office, the first round phone interview was more like background check. Make sure that you presented as a interesting in front of them. 3 to 4 people talked to me one by one and some of them asked about the company valuation and current market which were the most technical part of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had a first round interview for summer analyst. It was mostly fit questions, really nice people

Private Banking Interview

Interview

Phone Interview-Superday

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied through their website and got an email 3 months later asking if I was still interested in the position. The guy that emailed me wanted to have a little chat over the phone. He asked me some behavioral questions and some market questions (what stocks would I invest in, what was the price of oil of that day, etc).

Then I was invited for a super day. They flew me to NYC and I had 4 interviews back to back with a team of private bankers. Everyone was really nice. Some were analysts, others were bankers.

Bankers asked me mostly behavioral questions and the analysts were all about stock picking and investing. You need to be prepared to tell them where you would invest and why.

Some questions about shorting and longing were also asked.

Make sure you know WHY you want to work there and what makes JP Morgans Private Banking so special.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Super Saturday consisted of six interviews with about ten to twelve people, analyst up to managing directors. Most of the questions were fit with very few technical questions. At the end of the day it is whether they find a connection to you over the next interviewer and if were attended their school.

Private Banking Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2009.

Interview

JPMorgan Chase posted the availability of a Private Banking Summer Analyst position on my university's career site. I applied and subsequently received an e-mail instructing me to sign up through the career site. The interview was brief. Two interviewers took turns asking questions. The questions were standard interview questions that drew basis from my resume. As I did not have substantial work or internship experience in the financial sector relative to my peers, I did not think I had a competitive advantage. I would advise other interview candidates applying to JPMorgan or any other Wall Street firm to spend time and effort to understand 1) the position and its responsibilities 2) the department and its related departments 3) the firm and its competitors.

Interview Questions

• Considering the current economic and financial recession, what would you advise JPMorgan Chase to do in the next five years in order to keep JPMorgan Chase on top?   Answer Question

Private Bank Interview

Interview

online applications and 3 rounds of interviews

Private Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

I applied online and got the phone interview in Oct, 2013.