J.P. Morgan Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2017

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2017.

Interview

Worst interview process. Got contacted by a recruiter. Matched the job qualifications and got ignored. Scheduling phone interviews was impossible. I was unable to successfully reach out to the recruiter by phone and email. Email responses from the recruiter took 1-2 days per email. When I got a phone call from him it rang for less than 1 second and when I called back, the call was ignored. When I finally got to schedule the phone interview, he called after my availability. We scheduled a second phone interview and never got a call. When I emailed him, I never got a response. Unprofessional and poor communication.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with potential manager to discuss my potential fit in the organization. We spoke on the phone to discuss the position. During the interview it became apparent that the interviewer was looking for someone with heavier financial background than I had (I am an Information Technology guy). So although I had excellent project management experience I was not a really good fit for the position.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2016.

Interview

The Interview was with HR person. He was just screening me about my previous job roles and if I fit to any of the available openings they have.

It was general conversation and nothing hard.
    I will most likely get another interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

One interview was an hour long interview and a second interview was thirty minutes long. I was referred by an employee, and I met with a program manager and a portfolio manager. The second shorter interview with the portfolio manager was quicker and did not seemingly goes as well as the first. However, both interviewers were pleasant and representative of a culture that was appealing to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I met with 2 managers. The position is to migrate the business from one platform to another for the Private Wealth Management business.The other manager was looking for a scrum master.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had previously done this and what was the biggest challenge.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

HR contacted me that they had been contacted by an internal recruiter (word of mouth). I was scheduled to speak to 4 people over 2 hours. The first three went well, it was a pleasant experience. The last MD told me 5 minutes into the conversation that there is no real opening and to follow up with the recruiter. This completely threw me.
    I called the HR contact and tried to check on the feedback. Apparently the internal recruiter was not responsive. I contacted the recruiter on Linkedin and he has not replied to me. While I would have been a good fit for the position and was very interested, i found the experience unprofessional and confusing.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with negative client feedback - describe what steps you would take.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wilmington, DE) in December 2015.

Interview

There was first a 1:1 phone call with the hiring manager, then a straight F2F and to the point interview with a 2 manager panel in a private, comfortable, conference room near and visible to the actual work station location.

Interview Questions

• What were PM strengths, and what were the size of most successful teams.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not complex, just lengthy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Initial recruiter was very pleasant, the first 15 minutes were a phone interview with him. After that an in-person interview with the recruiting manager took place, also very pleasant and casual. Then i was transferred to an HR recruiter whose sole purpose was to lower my ask salary (something that the recruiting manager had seemed okay with). She leveraged a backup candidate to try and force me to lower the salary even further than initially discussed and that's when i left the process..

Interview Questions

• Your experience, methodologies you work with, how much time to get started, what conditions you already have and are important to you, your expectations, where you see yourself in 3 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

The first step in the process was an an in-person meeting with the hiring manager outside of the office. This was through an internal referral.

The second step was an in-person meeting with multiple direct reports to the hiring manager and other managers in the department.

It took a number of weeks to continue working with the hiring manger and human resources to finalize the offer and then set a start date. I was already internal and my previous position and new manager came to an agreement for a split time between the two roles for 2-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What types of project have you been responsible for in the past?
      What size of projects have you led?
      How many people were on the project team?
      How did you organize the overall project from a people and technical perspective (i.e. tools, techniques, resources)?
      How did you handle risks and issue?
      How well do you communicate with sr. management to provide status updates?
      Are you involved in the technical development and release cycles?
      How did you handle implementation with stakeholders?
      Did you do lessons learned after a project and if so how did you effectively archive them and communicate to other team members?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Phone call and email mail follow-up. Had a series of followup face to face meeting with managers in the Project group. Finally interviewed with Senior manager. After initial questions. Was asked what was my availability. I was offered a position within a a few weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Consultant rate standard