J.P. Morgan Relationship Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Relationship Banker Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Detroit, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

I met with two branch managers. They were very kind and asked general questions about my resume and why I wanted to work for Chase. I met with various team members and spoke with them about their roles withing the company and why they liked working with Chase, great benefits and uncapped income was a highlight.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Apply online and then record an online interview. Wait for a few days and get ready for the coming 2 interviews of branch manager and market director. Lastly, finished a tax report survey. And it's done. It takes about 2 weeks to complete the whole process.

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, then recruiter called me. Next step was 1:1 with Branch Manager, then with Market Director. It was nice, Chase People are great. Everything is positive, but I didn't get any feedback :-(

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Digital Interview
    23 questions to answer. Max of 3 minutes to answer. You also get a lot of time in between the questions to take a break and re-evaluate what you want to say.

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Good. Managers are nice. The whole process is a topic related to your experience, the reason you choose this position & company, and your understanding about the responsibility of this position.

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Very straight forward with questions, they aren't trying to trick you. Relax and show your personality. They want to make sure you will mesh with the clients and staff. Be prepared and on time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you bad to experience an ethically challenging situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Not difficult. traditional questions. Being that I have a mortgage background, my interview had lots of twist and turns and became more of a conversation. Had a phone conversation interview and the same questions were ask on the 1 on 1.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tucson, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

The HR department gave me a call with questions about my previous experience. They wanted to know my goals and ambitions. They asked questions about customer service and sales experience. The position requires candidates to become licensed so they asked me if I would be willing to go through the licensing process.

Interview Questions

• What will you say to a customer that is in your office after you have performed a service so you can sell them something.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and completed assessment.
    Next day I received a phone call from recruiter asking me a few questions(Prior experience). She scheduled me an interview with District Manager. Came to interview it was interview to find out it was a group interview with two Managers and the DM. Interview went great. It lasted a little over a hour. It was a relaxed setting since I already knew the DM and one BM from my first stint working at Chase as a teller. Two business days later I receive a phone call asking for a phone interview with the Market Manager. She said it would be brief, only about 5 minutes. This usually means they have decided on you. It just needs their approval. It is the most important. You do not want it to last 5 minutes. They are looking for you to make the conversation exciting and build rapport with them.
    I receive a call three business days later saying everything looks good and they are waiting for the final say-so from the DM but he was on vacation that week so I would hear back the week he comes back. The next week I received a offer. Currently in the pre-employment process.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you establish trust and build rapport?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you had to deal with an u satisfied customer?   Answer Question
    • What is your approach when you set appointments?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were struggling to meet your goals. How did you overcome your struggles?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time your manager gave you feedback to help you develop a skill?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you felt it was necessary to make an exception to policy?   Answer Question
    • Why Chase?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience in your current role?   Answer Question
    • Describe how your prior work and education will help in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered 38k base which was higher than my current base so I accepted.

Relationship Banker Interview

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday and received a video interview with 15 questions. They ask why do you feel your a good candidate for the position? Describe a difficult task and how you handled it. If you where assigned a portfolio how would you introduce yourself. The rest of the questions were about salary and location. The last one they want you to describe your work history. I just submitted my video so I will update my review once I hear back.