J.P. Morgan Relationship Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.7

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed briefly over the phone, did a video interview and was also invited over to their branch office to meet a couple of people i was going to work with if i was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• My previous work experience and how if i can relate it to the job description as a relationship banker.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

The on boarding process was very disorganized. Several branches in the area have contacted me for an interview; never to hear from them after the interview.
    Also, they seem to send an email shortly after submission of application stating that the position is no longer available because "the needs of the company have changed"
    Does not seem very professional

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Detroit, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

I met with two branch managers. They were very kind and asked general questions about my resume and why I wanted to work for Chase. I met with various team members and spoke with them about their roles withing the company and why they liked working with Chase, great benefits and uncapped income was a highlight.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Apply online and then record an online interview. Wait for a few days and get ready for the coming 2 interviews of branch manager and market director. Lastly, finished a tax report survey. And it's done. It takes about 2 weeks to complete the whole process.

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, then recruiter called me. Next step was 1:1 with Branch Manager, then with Market Director. It was nice, Chase People are great. Everything is positive, but I didn't get any feedback :-(

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

2 interviews, 1st by market director then managers. Of course there was a video interview recorded to start then a phone interview. Be confident and friendly. This is a people person job and they will be looking for those skills.

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Digital Interview
    23 questions to answer. Max of 3 minutes to answer. You also get a lot of time in between the questions to take a break and re-evaluate what you want to say.

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Good. Managers are nice. The whole process is a topic related to your experience, the reason you choose this position & company, and your understanding about the responsibility of this position.

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Torrance, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The first interview is a virtual one with hirevue, the 2nd is with the recruiter basic resume questions and asking how much you make at your current job-be careful with that question it's best you don't give that information out. 3rd was a phone interview with market director who I knew already liked me and had me interview with 3 additional managers in person to see if which one was the best fit. I got the job offer after the first 2 in person manager interviews but the MD wanted me to interview with one more manager to see if I was a good fit. In the end I ended up at a completely different branch. All the interviews in person are conversational. The role of the RB is to be build relationships with clients so in the interviews they talk to you like you're having a chat. don't get comfortable and stay on your game even if it seems like they are being easy going.

Interview Questions

• Hirevue: tell me about yourself, would you be able to get licensed when you get hired, how do you handle a difficult situation, in person just make sure you ask managers questions, and tell stories in STAR format   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Very straight forward with questions, they aren't trying to trick you. Relax and show your personality. They want to make sure you will mesh with the clients and staff. Be prepared and on time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you bad to experience an ethically challenging situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating