J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

2.3

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted online application via company website. I was contacted by email about 2 weeks after I applied to do an online interview via an APP/Website called HireVue since I was not living locally in the area for which I applied. About a 3 weeks after submitting my HireVue video I received an email from a recruiter asking to see if I was available to do a phone interview with 2 Market Directors who were interested in me. I did the phone interview the next day. Apparently they liked me so much that they were considering offering me the job right there over the phone. I mentioned that I was already planning on relocating to that area in the next 2 weeks so they held off on the offer so that they could meet me in person. When I moved there and showed up for the in-person interview I was surprised that it actually just turned out to be an informal meet and greet. We chatted for about 30 minutes. I went home and the next day I was formally offered the job. I was so shocked that this was such a great experience considering I had just retired from 20 years of military service and had never had a corporate job let alone any banking experience.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time when you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was good. Just the typical interview with a panel that most banks have you do. The classic sell me this pen or pencil was used so be prepared. there was a lot of tell me about yourself and thats about it nothing new to the interview process

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Jose, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Negative review for the 25 min. Wait when I was on time for my interview. How rude!

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I was recruited by regional management for a territory of my choice. The process for me was very straight forward. I already was aware of with their program from other people within company.

Interview Questions

• what is it going to take to bring you over?   1 Answer

Negotiation

get what you want in the beginning

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Jose, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

applied online got an email the next day to call the recruiting office to talk to them about my background and skills. After that was done an hour later the branch manager called me to come in for an interview. The interview was with the branch manager and the assistant manager and went pretty good. Got told "we still need to review other candidates" and finally got the job 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you handled a difficult customer   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Jose, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

My interview consist of 3 Branch Managers from different locations. I have been in finance and banking for many years. I have to say this one of the worst interview I had experienced in my entire career. To begin with, they were all very unprofessional. The main Branch Manager were asking the script interviewing questions right off the paper, word by word exactly. He was looking into the paper script about 4-5 inches from his face. Every single questions he asked was directly from the paper. My past interview consist of general conversation, resume notes, plus adding your own injections into the job from the employer. They never mentioned about the job, their employees at the branch, walking me through the branch, and was never given a business card afterward. Not sure how Chase philosophy is, but if they want to hire "young" people for low pay with no experiences in other aspect of the job such as interviewing and conversing with people in general, then I guess it was a right call on their part for not calling me back.