J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.5

Commercial Banking Analyst Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online in early September. I didn't receive any communication from them until the beginning of November. In the beginning of November, they called me to set up a phone screening interview a week later. They called me and we basically had a conversation. They were very professional and the environment was very relaxed. The conversation about me lasted about 20 minutes while they expected you to ask about the company/internship for about 10 minutes.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

After I completed the application on their careers site, they asked me me to do a video phone interview via HireVue within 3 days they sent out the link. The interview lasted about 20 minutes with 8 questions, each should be 3 minutes. I had 30 seconds to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Explain why your background and experience help you succeed in the job?   Answer Question
    • Why you want to be our teller?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you explained how to use technology to another person.   Answer Question
    • Explain how modern technology helps you simplify personal, finance, or daily tasks.   Answer Question
    • Describe how you work and follow procedures, policy.   Answer Question

Corporate Responsibility Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied this job on the company website and they replied after 2 weeks. We scheduled a phone interview, but it was weird that the interviewer was an intern either. We talk about job responsibility and my qualities. But most of the time was I asking questions - guess that's why I didn't make it to the next step.

Interview Questions

• what's your past experience that can be applied to this job?   Answer Question

Private Wealth Management Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

You apply online in around November or so. If they like your resume, you'll get a phone call or e-mail to notify you for beginning interviews. If you do well in your interviews, they'll bring approx the top 2% of all applicants to the final round interviews. The final round interviews push you into 4-5 interviews with multiple people in each interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were a trader and were the only person who could trade on 9/11/2001, what would you buy and what would you sell?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenmore, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Kenmore, WA).

Interview

1-2 Phone Interviews
    1 In-Person interview
    Both the phone and in-person (1:1) interviews were low-pressure, natural and conversational tone. All my interviews were conducted by the branch manager. The in-person interview was done at the branch, which made it comfortable, and not intimidating. The questions were not overly difficult nor stressful, but rather conversational. The only drawback was that health benefits regarding family leave were not initially explained too clearly. But that was addressed and handled during the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in your past to exceed a customer's expectations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The compensation offer was a firm offer from the employer, not negotiated

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Two interviews, one with the District Manager, and one with the Branch Manager. Offer received a week later.

Interview Questions

• The role is an operations one, and there were sales questions as well. Being prepared for a few questions about managing a sales team is critical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate as the numbers were in line with my expectation.

Private Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

One main interview followed by submitting details of your current production. You'll have first meeting with market director and please go with production reports, tax returns, awards, ranking in the company, etc. You will need to provide him/her with copies of everything so that he can go to his boss and formally present you as a candidate. If everyone like everyone, you'll get an offer and begin the background check + on-boarding. It takes several weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stood out as being difficult or unexpected. The manager was very courteous, respectful, and thoughtful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be prepared to prove successful production in current position.

Digital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online after employee referral. Initial HR interview followed by multiple interviews on phone with managers and then an in person interview with 5 members of the team. The process itself took about 2 months but HR was very slow in responding and follow ups. The HR only responded after multiple follow ups. Internally, the review process takes a long time.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about past experiences. Hard to gauge the requirements of the job so please ask questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Less room for negotiation. Salary an benefits are above par to the industry

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied and got a call back within couple days to come in. The interview process was easy but do mention as much as possible about referrals and sales also focus heavily on customer service.

Interview Questions

• whats the best way to check youre handing out the right amount of cash?   1 Answer

Negotiation

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah bah blah blah blah

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

2 interview process with the first being a knockout and the second being a formality. There is a brief phone call with the District Manager in between and the second interview is with the District Manager and the branch manager for the branch you are applying at. In order to be a Relationship Banker now, you have to be able to pass your Series 6 and 63 exam after 2 months of paid training, otherwise you will not have the credentials for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about what makes you qualified for the job?   1 Answer