J.P. Morgan Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Senior Associate Interview Questions

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Internal transfer with 5 interviewers over the course of 3 interviews and an excel test. No difficult questions, mostly behavioral with an excel test after the first round. Took a little over a month from start to finish.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

No phone interview, 3 interviewers on site, more behavior questions, some technical questions, questions are easy, and interviewers are nice. They describe the job functions and give you heads up that the offer process will be long

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

I got an interview from a recruiter. I had an interview with 3 people - two VPs' and one associate. The first VP was very easy going and did not ask tough questions. He would not have been my direct manager, so I don't think he cared too much. Then this associate - he wanted to grill me on my resume, and he talked a lot about how great he is and how great it is to work for JP because it has a name. The last interviewer - VP - He was tough too, but being fair. after two weeks, I still haven't heard any feed back from them.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

HR phone screen: week 1

Round one at site with manager who was VP, his boss the ED and another VP. Each 30 mins . Mainly how your work ex relates to the job. Week 2

Round 2: Meeting with MD and another VP who I would be working with. Week 3

got a call from HR next day saying prospect looks good, salary talk and official offer will come one week later after approval.

JPM moves very fast so usually the process is completed and offer made in 3-4 weeks from first interview

Interview Questions

• Mainly walk me through your resume and how it relates to the job applied   Answer Question

Negotiation

I gave them my expected salary.,. they came very close, did not negotiate much as it was a good bump from my previous base

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Very professional, I like the firm but my current role is moving to another city because of cost cutting in NY. IJP is a great employer since its helping me find a new role within the firm.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with different individuals. I was in FL and I was able to pull the job without a 1:1 in person interview. I just had to setup a job agent and once the job matching my skills was published it was a matter of days to get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Carrier development outlook.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was not too intense. I would say it was fairly average. I had two phone interviews with an HR colleague. Subsequently, there were two more in person and onsite interviews with the hiring manager and a member of his team. While there was a bit of lag in between the interviews, the entire process took a moderate amount of time to complete.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were geared towards the department's specific function. There were no skills or personality tests that I had to take. Mostly, the interview questions were just ways of getting me to dig into my knowledge of our functional field.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview process involved meeting with hiring manager and group head in one interview, and shortly after meeting with HR to discuss next steps. Questions we very straight forward and interviewer wanted to get a feel for my abilities as a candidate and interest in performing the role.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was why I wanted to work at JP Morgan.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Century City, CA).

Interview

Recruited through a headhunter for the Wealth Management Group. Position was market analyst and performance support for high net worth clients. Made it through first round of onsite interviews from candidate pool of 32 applicants. Had a great second interview and met with Senior Managing Directors. Making a connection with the specific Producer was crucial.

Interview Questions

• Standard psychometric questions - what are your weaknesses? etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Sucessfully negotiated a salary increase, though that took a few days and some internal discussions. Positions are budgeted, but they will make allowances depending on how much they want you.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Mumbai (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Multiple people taking interview to assess different skills, focusing more on what you have done in your previous/current role and checking if you have in-depth knowledge about it.
    Also assessing your medium and long term goals, vision, thoughts about leadership roles and relevance of people managers.
    Also asking about your improvement areas to check if you are frank - honest, at the same time smart enough to project yourself as a value-add to the firm

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your present job/company?   1 Answer
    • What are your improvement areas?   1 Answer