J.P. Morgan Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

3.1

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

All the communication was via email only. Their purpose was to evaluate the candidates based on the same set of questions. So they gave me a link of a website to solve two problems while my video will be recorded automatically through that website. Nobody was there to ask the questions or see you, the video will be sent to them and then they will see it. There were two questions, you can choose the language in which you want to attempt, for first question, I did very well (the max time was 45 mins) second question I got little confused and by the time I realized my mistake, 80% of the time was over (max time was 30 mins this time). Then they asked me to explain if I were given more time, what would I do, they gave me 5 mins to explain. That's all.

Interview Questions

• After not able to code the solution to a problem in given time, they asked me to explain where I went wrong.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

After an initial phone screen, I had a short onsite interview (I was local), then a second longer onsite to meet with an MD. Offer came quickly after that, but process was drawn out as I considered other offers.

Interview Questions

• Explain how the Python interpreter works.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Two telephone interviews - second one had 'scheduling error' where they called 1 hr 20 mins early and then called back again 20 mins late.

Onsite interview - one tech focused, one behavioral focused, and two more people who had never seen my resume before and told me they weren't very prepared.

Around 7 hours total of interviewing totaling in zero feedback to myself and even to my agent.

Extremely unprofessional. Very rigid HR process as well.

Interview Questions

• Not too difficult: write singleton class on the whiteboard, big O of searching some data structures, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Simple C# and questions and general questions about my professional background. Nice guy, but my skills were not a match

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

First phone chat with recuriter and then with the team manager.
    Then with the whole team including remote team via video conference.
    Went very well, but the whole process took about 45 days to get the result.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

They seemed anxious to see people demonstrating high-energy or excitement. There were a number of questions & discussions regarding problems and the algoritm to solve.

Interview Questions

• Write the algorithm to find all possible phone numbers that can be dialed on a standard touch-tine phone keypad when the "next digit" can only be selected from the #'s that are reached by moving as a Chess Knight (over 2 & up/down 1, or over 1 & up/down 2)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Naperville, IL) in May 2009.

Interview

Gave my contact information initially to a recruiter at my university when they visited for career fair. I received a call only a couple of weeks later with an offer to interview. The interview itself was real laid back, the interviewee became my future upper management. The process itself wasn't too bad, went through one phone interview and two on-location interviews. Application was all done online. Be sure to answer the personality questions thoroughly and consistently. We also had to take an assessment testing our basic math skills. The test itself was not that bad, but it did stump a lot of people who I had recommended the job to.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance when you encountered a problem with a customer/client and had to resolve it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't have much to negotiate, as this was the first position I acquired out of college.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hyderabad (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of Face to Face. Both the rounds were techincal. Focused mainly only on core java concepts. And few questions related to my profile i.e related to cloud applications. Interviewer was expecting definitions rather than practical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Basic core java questions
      1. What is an abstract class & interface. Abstraction percentage of the both.
      2. Multi Threading - Synchronized application for amount withdrawl/deposit.
      3. Where synchronozied applied.
      4. Diff between Service and product based applications.
      5. sample output for Static blocks and Instance initializer block   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

The entire process was too conjusted and it did not look like they were prepared for the huge diversity drive turnout. My interviewer seemed more prone to reject people to reduce candidate size than actually guage a person's capability. They kick-started with a panel discussion to showcase the importance of diversity in jpmc and then after 1.5 hours sent us for our interview rounds. There were to be 2 technical rounds and anything else would be scheduled later. The interviewer did not go through my profile and started with technically irrelevant questions and then seemed to dismiss my candidature mentally before even beginning the interview.

Interview Questions

• My technical round began with he interviewer being stuck on why I had multiple switches in my career. Post that he asked me fairly basic questions and one programming question.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Telephonic on tech and management stuff
    One to one went on for four rounds
    Focused on presentation skills, managerial scenario, technical depth.
    Multiple level, areas covered.
    Along with the interview there was a little tour around the work area
    Well managed and planned process