J.P. Morgan Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

After an initial phone screen, I had a short onsite interview (I was local), then a second longer onsite to meet with an MD. Offer came quickly after that, but process was drawn out as I considered other offers.

Interview Questions

• Explain how the Python interpreter works.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Telephonic on tech and management stuff
    One to one went on for four rounds
    Focused on presentation skills, managerial scenario, technical depth.
    Multiple level, areas covered.
    Along with the interview there was a little tour around the work area
    Well managed and planned process

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hyderabad (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of Face to Face. Both the rounds were techincal. Focused mainly only on core java concepts. And few questions related to my profile i.e related to cloud applications. Interviewer was expecting definitions rather than practical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Basic core java questions
      1. What is an abstract class & interface. Abstraction percentage of the both.
      2. Multi Threading - Synchronized application for amount withdrawl/deposit.
      3. Where synchronozied applied.
      4. Diff between Service and product based applications.
      5. sample output for Static blocks and Instance initializer block
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

The entire process was too conjusted and it did not look like they were prepared for the huge diversity drive turnout. My interviewer seemed more prone to reject people to reduce candidate size than actually guage a person's capability. They kick-started with a panel discussion to showcase the importance of diversity in jpmc and then after 1.5 hours sent us for our interview rounds. There were to be 2 technical rounds and anything else would be scheduled later. The interviewer did not go through my profile and started with technically irrelevant questions and then seemed to dismiss my candidature mentally before even beginning the interview.

Interview Questions

• My technical round began with he interviewer being stuck on why I had multiple switches in my career. Post that he asked me fairly basic questions and one programming question.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

It was a process for one complete day and many people were called at the same time where they needed to hire only few.
    Had to wait a long time for written test and when the test was done had to wait even longer for results.
    did not wanted to wait for so long.

Interview Questions

• there was a written test having questions from java basics like generics, string and IO operations and most of the questions were multiple choice types and tricky and had negative marking also.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

All the communication was via email only. Their purpose was to evaluate the candidates based on the same set of questions. So they gave me a link of a website to solve two problems while my video will be recorded automatically through that website. Nobody was there to ask the questions or see you, the video will be sent to them and then they will see it. There were two questions, you can choose the language in which you want to attempt, for first question, I did very well (the max time was 45 mins) second question I got little confused and by the time I realized my mistake, 80% of the time was over (max time was 30 mins this time). Then they asked me to explain if I were given more time, what would I do, they gave me 5 mins to explain. That's all.

Interview Questions

• After not able to code the solution to a problem in given time, they asked me to explain where I went wrong.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

I was called for the interview on Saturday May 17th 2014.

There was a huge line of people waiting for clearing the security checks. It took almost an hour for me to get the clearance after all the hic ups i went into interview room.

It was directly one on one discussion with the technical panel.

Panel started interviewing me with basic java question to advanced concepts. It was very challenging to clear this round. Later i was said i might have to join with in a month for which i agreed provided they issue me a offer with in a month. I was called again for another round of interview on May 19th 2014 where the same panel asked me some more java questions.

On the same day I was said i have cleared all the technical rounds and will be receiving a offer letter soon.

Its been more than a month now and am still waiting to receive my offer letter. HR keeps telling me they don't have an update from higher management. I really don't understand how can a HR answer so unreasonably.

They are very unprofessional in there response and time lines. My salary discussion happened after 25 days of telling me that i have cleared the technical rounds.

How long do you expect a candidate to wait for you ?
    How long does it take to process a candidature ?
    If you are not interested in providing a job why do you give false hope to candidates ?
    Its actually a case of of IPC 420 cheating and false hope which i can file in court ?

When they said i have been selected i stopped taking calls from other consultancy and gave a stop for my job hunt. Truly frustrating experience and unreasonable responses received from JPMC.

Guys if you are reading this and going to attend an interview with this company, Give it a thought if they can play so hopelessly with a guy outside company what would be your position when you join them.

Attend the interview for experience but do not join them i tell you they screw up your future plans just by the name of interview.

Being a multi billion $ company you should learn how to handle a candidature in the first place.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between -X and -XX arguments ?
      How do you write a JNI call when the underlying language used is Perl ?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Naperville, IL) in May 2009.

Interview

Gave my contact information initially to a recruiter at my university when they visited for career fair. I received a call only a couple of weeks later with an offer to interview. The interview itself was real laid back, the interviewee became my future upper management. The process itself wasn't too bad, went through one phone interview and two on-location interviews. Application was all done online. Be sure to answer the personality questions thoroughly and consistently. We also had to take an assessment testing our basic math skills. The test itself was not that bad, but it did stump a lot of people who I had recommended the job to.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance when you encountered a problem with a customer/client and had to resolve it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't have much to negotiate, as this was the first position I acquired out of college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Two telephone interviews - second one had 'scheduling error' where they called 1 hr 20 mins early and then called back again 20 mins late.

Onsite interview - one tech focused, one behavioral focused, and two more people who had never seen my resume before and told me they weren't very prepared.

Around 7 hours total of interviewing totaling in zero feedback to myself and even to my agent.

Extremely unprofessional. Very rigid HR process as well.

Interview Questions

• Not too difficult: write singleton class on the whiteboard, big O of searching some data structures, etc.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

Interview

Got a test where i need to write a Java program with proper unit tests for calculating bowling points.

Interview Questions

• OO concepts, Core Java questions, Spring, JEE technologies, UI technologies   Answer Question

Negotiation

Well, it's standard hiring procedure and I know what to be expected. Do some research before going for negotiation