J.P. Morgan Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

3.2

154 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I interviewed with an executive director and the interview was more of a conversation style. He talked a little bit about the team and the firm, then asked me some question about the resume and the industry. Mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself/ some basic finance question. Not very technical, mostly behavioral.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied online and received an online hirevue quiz. About 4 questions all with 2 minute responses, very straightforward and easy to do. Did not receive an offer following that interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied through their website, got a phone call interview within a week. It was in equity research and the analyst who called me seemed very friendly. He talked me through the firm and his personal experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why JP morgan, Why the division you're applying for, pitch a stock   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I applied online and spoke with them at the career fair at my college and was invited by email to a Higher view interview. It took about 30 minutes and they asked 3 questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a quick second decision   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Fairly straightforward behavioral interview. A lot of "name a time when ____ happened." I don't think a lot of preparation is needed if you've done behavioral interviews before. The people were all very nice and wanted to see you succeed in the interview which always helps.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very fast for me. Networking is extremely necessary. I did not get interviews through hireview, I got my interview through talking to alumni and networking at the firm. 2 phone interviews (one with analysts, then one with associate) then invited in for super day. Given an excel test for first hour of interview, then 3 groups of 2-on-1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about a sector of the markets you are interested in.   Answer Question
    • Describe what the difference between AAA and BBB bonds are.   Answer Question
    • What does a flattening yield curve signal.   Answer Question
    • Many behavioral questions (conflict, incomplete task, stressful situation, ethical dilemma)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

applied on their website. received a hirevue invite with standard behavioral questions. waited a long time until received notification of a phone interview with an analyst. after the 30 minute interview, was invited to superday some time later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Video interview into phone interview into superday
    Currently at phone interview stage, so far so good
    Mostly fit questions and questions about the market so prepare for those. Not really very technical though knowing basic macroeconomics (like how interest rates affect bonds etc. are important)

Interview Questions

• Recent market trend you read about, pitch me something etc.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2017.

Interview

1 phone interview with a Vice President of the department that I applied to and a Superday with more senior members of the department. Currently preparing for the Superday interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly fit and behavioral, and some basic technicals including questions on the markets and investment plans for clients.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2017.

Interview

pretty simple. I applied online and then did the video interview online (prerecorded) and now waiting to hear back. It was just your standard behavioral questions and why jpmorgan.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you made a quick decision and explain   Answer Question