J.P. Morgan Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at J.P. Morgan

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview composed one third of fit questions and two thirds of technical questions such as your favorite stock, how to value a retail firm

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied for JPMorgan's Summer Analyst internship though my university's career services website. Received an email from their HR office in Chicago about three weeks later requesting an on-campus interview. The on-campus interview went smoothly and consisted of mostly behavioral and fit questions. I was interviewed by one senior and one junior underwriter for approximately 30 minutes. About a week later I was contacted again for a second round of interviews - this time at their downtown office in Salt Lake City. Both interviewers were senior underwriters, and the questions were again mostly behavioral and fit. The second interview lasted a little over an hour.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you didn't get along with your supervisor.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been given an assignment that was ambiguous? If so, how did you complete it?   Answer Question
    • Why JPMorgan?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay is non-negotiable for interns, but starts at $26.40/hour.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Mainly behavior questions with some analysis on financial statements including EBITDA margins, operating margins, net income, and others. Individuals were very kind and willing to help if you didn't understand their question completely. Got a call back one day later.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Easy phone interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

The superday consisted of 3 interviews with VP's and up. We were asked typical information about our background and professional experiences, as well as our extra-curricular involvement with our schools. Be prepared for a slew of technical questions as well, as JPM is typically more technical than most firms in their interviews. Valuation techniques, market sentiments, and stock pitches should be expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone Interview then Super Day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to interview about a month later.

Interview Questions

• Why JPM? Why not corporate finance, nonprofit, or consulting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Everything was very orderly, they tried to setup a pre-interview reception which was cancelled due to weather. Interview questions were very basic, nothing overly technical and no question meant to throw you off. They wanted to see my ability to think and were interested in how closely I follow markets.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

1st round interview with two people - they asked some technical questions (accounting) and behavioral stuff like "walk me through your resume". Lot of time at the end where I asked them questions about the firm. Got a call from them 5 hours later inviting me for a 2nd round (superday).

The superday lasted a total of 4 hours. I probably had 7 interviews, and there were anywhere from 2 to 4 people interviewing me at a time (15 - 20 minutes per interview). I met everyone from 1st year analysts to the MD's. Everybody was friendly, but there was a lot of technical questions (some brainteasers, lot of finance, some accounting). Every interview also had a lot of behavioral questions. I got a call from them the same day with the offer.

Interview Questions

• With a X% interest rate, how long does it take to double my money?   2 Answers

Negotiation

This was for a summer position. The only negotiation was me asking for an extra week to make the decision, which they were fine with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

on campus interview for summer analyst position with jp morgan
    not too bad, interviewers were recent college graduates who have only been with jp morgan for 1-2 years
    mostly behavioral, a few questions about company (who is CEO?)

Interview Questions

• How to calculate retained earnings?   1 Answer