J.P. Morgan Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

3.3

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was fairly typical for a summer intern position. I had two, 30 minute phone interviews with two different employees. They asked some behavioral questions as well as some analytical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a group project that you have worked on.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Tough first round of technicals and cases at my university. Final round was genuine, they wanted to get to know me and let me get to know the firm. Once I got the offer they told me within 24 hours and were willing to make time for phone calls to help me make the best decision between banks

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I received two phone interviews back to back . One was a behavioral and the next was technical both were suppose to be about 30 minutes in length but the behavioral was a little shorter. I say it was negative because both interviewers had thick accents , which is not ideal for phone interviews and I caught myself having to ask them to repeat the question a few times.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at a finance company opposed to other tech companies.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying online, conducted online recorded interview. The first few questions were general; the last ones were specific to the departments of interest (what the departments do, why you want to focus on those sectors, etc.).

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you faced in a group academic setting. How did you address it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wilmington, DE) in December 2016.

Interview

After a reviewed application I had a one sided video interview online with 4 questions, 30 seconds to prepare and 3 retries per take. Then got emailed to come down to Delaware for a SuperDay

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you found a typo in your document last minute   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

First round interview over the phone, second round superday consisting of three interviews. The super day interviews took place in one large conference room and we had to move around. The interviews were not bad at all and I thought I crushed the interviews but was shocked to hear that I did not get an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. All behavioral questions. I had two 2on1s and one 1on1 interviews. The interview questions were very similar/same as the ones on Glassdoor. Prepare for behavioral questions, walking thru your resume.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Online resume drop, followed by a first round phone interview and then a super day in the Los Angeles office. Overall, everyone I spoke to was extremely nice and helpful and willing/wanting to tell you about the role. Superday had 3 1 on 1 interviews and one 2 on 1. 3 interviews with analysts and 2 with higher level, one VP and one banker. Overall everyone was very friendly. Basic questions, they aren't trying to trip you up, but definitely know about the private bank and what makes it different from other banks in terms of private wealth management.

Interview Questions

• Asset allocation classes, what is going on in the market both domestically and around the world. Besides that mostly behavioral.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Superday Interview with 3 different people. Mix of behavioral and technical questions. They were looking for best fit. The interview was very laid back. The interview was split into different sections, which were of half an hour each.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me About yourself. Why Risk division? What are long term and short term goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I had several phone interview and then I was invited to a first round networking session in NYC. After that I was invited to a super day. I interviewed for the LATAM group. The process for the general program is different.

Interview Questions

• From 1-10 how would you rank your technical skills and why? If not a 10, why should I hire you?   Answer Question