J.P. Morgan Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I had several phone interview and then I was invited to a first round networking session in NYC. After that I was invited to a super day. I interviewed for the LATAM group. The process for the general program is different.

Interview Questions

• From 1-10 how would you rank your technical skills and why? If not a 10, why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

There were 2 separate days of interviews, and the 2nd one contained a double header so I was worn out. They asked me to take them through all the steps of options pricing as well as why I am not a finance major and why my grades are not higher.

Interview Questions

• How many degrees are between the hands when it's 3:15?   2 Answers

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

There was online testing, competency questions and then a first round interview at their offices in London. Also I had to submit my CV. I had previously undertaken an insight visit at JPM, but this didn't help at interview, although I think it was important in me being able to get to interview in the first place
    The first round interview consisted of two 45 minute competency based interviews.

Interview Questions

• How much money would a buffet car on a train travelling from Glasgow to London make, on average   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Tough first round of technicals and cases at my university. Final round was genuine, they wanted to get to know me and let me get to know the firm. Once I got the offer they told me within 24 hours and were willing to make time for phone calls to help me make the best decision between banks

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

You arrive at 25 Bank street and meet the other candidates before being split up into small pigeon interview rooms. The AC is split up into 3 stages; Technical, brain teaser, competency. The brain teaser round can be tricky and so i would suggest being well prepared - google conman brain teasers etc.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Attended a recruitment dinner where I spoke to multiple representatives. From here I went straight to a final round interview which involved a networking event followed by 7 interviews varying from motivation to technical questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2014.

Interview

it is very hard and techincal, but it would be fine if you prepare much beforehand.... good luck ! asked questions like

if leadership is required, step up and handle
    Can you talk about the group activity you have worked before

Interview Questions

• In your internship, what feedback did you receive
      Do you work better as leader or follower
      Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2014.

Interview

The process took 2 months. Starting from phone to AC. The MDs at the final round flew from Hong Kong and they were super intelligent and nice. Applicants were very competitive and I was not best prepared, compared to others. Good experience after all.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

applied to winning women as a third year in college and had a phone interview before i was accepted- super day in NYC with the interviews held on the second day; was informed the day of what i would be interviewing for--- super day with 3 back to back interviews-- got the job 2 days later via phone

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions
      one consulting type question
      sell me "x" question
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

coffee chat, 40 minutes. You talk to one analyst and one MD. You have to try to let them memorize you by the end of the talk. The interview itself is not hard, but because the questions are very generic, I find it hard to actually make an impression.