J.P. Morgan Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

3.2

158 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I had several phone interview and then I was invited to a first round networking session in NYC. After that I was invited to a super day. I interviewed for the LATAM group. The process for the general program is different.

Interview Questions

• From 1-10 how would you rank your technical skills and why? If not a 10, why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

There were 2 separate days of interviews, and the 2nd one contained a double header so I was worn out. They asked me to take them through all the steps of options pricing as well as why I am not a finance major and why my grades are not higher.

Interview Questions

• How many degrees are between the hands when it's 3:15?   2 Answers

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

There was online testing, competency questions and then a first round interview at their offices in London. Also I had to submit my CV. I had previously undertaken an insight visit at JPM, but this didn't help at interview, although I think it was important in me being able to get to interview in the first place
    The first round interview consisted of two 45 minute competency based interviews.

Interview Questions

• How much money would a buffet car on a train travelling from Glasgow to London make, on average   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Rather traditional. Online application form followed by a phone interview. If successful, you are invited to an assessment centre, then face to face interview with HR and MDs. Overall the process took 5 weeks and they were really helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very fast for me. Networking is extremely necessary. I did not get interviews through hireview, I got my interview through talking to alumni and networking at the firm. 2 phone interviews (one with analysts, then one with associate) then invited in for super day. Given an excel test for first hour of interview, then 3 groups of 2-on-1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about a sector of the markets you are interested in.   Answer Question
    • Describe what the difference between AAA and BBB bonds are.   Answer Question
    • What does a flattening yield curve signal.   Answer Question
    • Many behavioral questions (conflict, incomplete task, stressful situation, ethical dilemma)   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

4 hour long interview. Start with techincal question on java/python and then move to a probability question with socks. Then moved to a group work and then general questions. Very polite and no need to go with suit. Smart casual is fine

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I applied online and spoke with them at the career fair at my college and was invited by email to a Higher view interview. It took about 30 minutes and they asked 3 questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a quick second decision   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume. Selected for a first round phone interview. The interviewer was only interested in my previous experience and ability to respond to technical questions. I was expecting more behavioral questions but it seemed like they were interested in someone with a strong technical background and good previous work experience.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Tough first round of technicals and cases at my university. Final round was genuine, they wanted to get to know me and let me get to know the firm. Once I got the offer they told me within 24 hours and were willing to make time for phone calls to help me make the best decision between banks

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

You arrive at 25 Bank street and meet the other candidates before being split up into small pigeon interview rooms. The AC is split up into 3 stages; Technical, brain teaser, competency. The brain teaser round can be tricky and so i would suggest being well prepared - google conman brain teasers etc.