J.P. Morgan Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

3.2

131 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

Very direct more behavioral than technical. Wanted to know how you worked in team and collaborative environments. Was interviewed by a team of two. Good cop, bad cop, but nothing overly intimidating.

Interview Questions

• How do you get a coin out of a glass bottle without breaking it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviews were conducted one after the other. Two interviews with associates. Two interviews with managers. I was asked behavioral questions, nothing was too technical. Interviewers were relatively nice and welcoming, they helped to ease my nervousness.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you displayed leadership   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Division goes straight to an Assessment Centre for selected candidates after the online application (previously had to do online tests however know this is not the case anymore)

AC had a group presentation, group discussion (these test teamwork and ability to present an argument well)
    Three separate interviews with different teams in same division. First two were about me, why JP Morgan, why division, previous experience etc
    Third was after the presentation and we discussed how it went, what I could do differently (reflective exercise)

Interview Questions

• Lead me through your CV - past experience, positions held etc. How do these relate to the company and the division.

Couple of brainteasers - e.g. Roll a die, pay how much is shown on die (e.g. £6 for a 6 etc) - How much would you pay to play this game, then adaptations of this game that made it different...   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was fairly typical for a summer intern position. I had two, 30 minute phone interviews with two different employees. They asked some behavioral questions as well as some analytical questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Tough first round of technicals and cases at my university. Final round was genuine, they wanted to get to know me and let me get to know the firm. Once I got the offer they told me within 24 hours and were willing to make time for phone calls to help me make the best decision between banks

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I received two phone interviews back to back . One was a behavioral and the next was technical both were suppose to be about 30 minutes in length but the behavioral was a little shorter. I say it was negative because both interviewers had thick accents , which is not ideal for phone interviews and I caught myself having to ask them to repeat the question a few times.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at a finance company opposed to other tech companies.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. All behavioral questions. I had two 2on1s and one 1on1 interviews. The interview questions were very similar/same as the ones on Glassdoor. Prepare for behavioral questions, walking thru your resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I had several phone interview and then I was invited to a first round networking session in NYC. After that I was invited to a super day. I interviewed for the LATAM group. The process for the general program is different.

Interview Questions

• From 1-10 how would you rank your technical skills and why? If not a 10, why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wilmington, DE) in December 2016.

Interview

After a reviewed application I had a one sided video interview online with 4 questions, 30 seconds to prepare and 3 retries per take. Then got emailed to come down to Delaware for a SuperDay

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you found a typo in your document last minute   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

You arrive at 25 Bank street and meet the other candidates before being split up into small pigeon interview rooms. The AC is split up into 3 stages; Technical, brain teaser, competency. The brain teaser round can be tricky and so i would suggest being well prepared - google conman brain teasers etc.