J.P. Morgan Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at J.P. Morgan

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Boston, MA).

Interview

interview on campus which was one interview with two people. heard back two weeks later that i had been invited to participate in a super day. Went to the super day where I had two 2-1 interviews. Heard back later that day that i was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• nothing really, basic market related question, stock pitch, behavioral   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Interview

Participated in an initial phone interview after submitting my resume for the position through my University's Career Services website. Was contacted and asked to interview on short notice (1-2 days depending on what interview slot you picked). The interview was mostly behavioural, as expected, and focused on aspects of my resume and leadership positions. Interviewer threw in a few situational questions, in asking about times it was difficult to deal with unfavourable coworkers, etc.

Interview Questions

• I was interviewing for the Analytics & Strategy group for the program, and the one technical question I was asked: After rolling out a new card (banking, credit, something), the sales numbers were not hitting the projected forecasts? What do you do to find out why and what do you suppose we do to increase sales?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Generally people in JP Morgan are really nice. They are always happy to help you and trying to be nice during the interview. They also hold a reception before the formal interview (though I have no idea whether this is university specific or not.....) But generally they offer a lot of oppotunity and trying to be nice all the time.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview focuses on the market recent news, mostly fit and behavioral questions. Interviews are very friendly and relaxing. Did not pass the phone interview. Applied online through their website. The process takes 1 month.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

The school career center held resume drops. I got invited for first round interview which was 50/50 behavioral and technical. Nothing to difficult. After a week I received an email from a VP expressing interest and he asked to me to do another interview over the phone. His interview was all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• If you won 10 million dollars would you still want to continue with the interview process?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Interview

Applied through career services, invited to second round superday

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online through their website and also applied to super days. I didn’t get invited to the super day but did get an interview. The 1st round interview was a phone call- the questions were mainly behavioral to see if you were a good fit. There were also a few macro economic questions / questions about the markets.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to interview about a month later.

Interview Questions

• Why JPM? Why not corporate finance, nonprofit, or consulting?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

College career service provided the chance. Application document was resume only. First round was a skills exam, and the next and the final round was a on-site interview.
    This was not a regular summer program, and I believe that this entire hiring process was conducted by the department only, not by the human resource department.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through JP Morgan corporate website through early consideration. Got called by HR within two weeks of submission. I had two first round phone interviews, which basically constitutes basic team behavior and why questions. Check JP Morgan website advice center, they ask every single example questions. Give them terrific answer for why JP Morgan. I got notified within a week to invite me to a superday on friday. I had three back to back interview with one VP, one Executive Director and one MD. The interview has minimal technical questions, but they try to push you to ask them insightful question inorder to test your knowledge on the market, company and industry. Be well prepared and read the WSJ. I hear back from the firm on Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• Since you tell me one weakness, can you tell me another weakness of yours?
      Can you help me compare the advantages and disadvantages in working both in New York and Hong Kong.
      How would globalization of RMB would impact a firm's liquidity?
      What;'s the most enjoyable and least enjoyable part in solving a group conflicts.
      Tell me one are that should be improved in your university and how you will implement the change?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for intern. Accept it or decline it.