J.P. Morgan Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

3.2

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Two interviews right after each other. The first one was a general get to know you type of interview. This was followed by a second more technical interview designed to see if you're a good fit for the company or not.

Interview Questions

• X and Y equal $2.50. X is twice the cost of Y. What are X and Y respectively?   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in January 2016.

Interview

It took about 3 weeks for the whole interview process. 2 phone interviews back to back for about 30 minutes each. They are associates who have been in the business a long time and really just want to get to know you and see if you are a right fit for the company. They make it easy and are very nice.

Interview Questions

• The first call was mostly behavioral and about your resume, and the second was mostly situational. How did you handle this situation when this happened...   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

A few Technical and behavioral questions. Two 30 minute interviews from VP's. Was told I would here either way in two weeks- no offer. First interviewer was definitely more difficult and particular with the answers, second was much more relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe the assets and liabilities of a coffee shop? What are JP Morgan's largest assets/liabilities? If you bought a bat and ball totaling $2 with one $1 more than the other and the bat was $1.75, how much was the bat?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I was referred by alumni and interviewed with a VP. He had work experience in both U.S and Asia. Therefore, he emphasized a lot whether or not you have global perspective and understanding of global economy.

Interview Questions

• He did not ask me any "interview questions", just required me talk about my opinions on global economy and recent news   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Submitted application through university and through the JP Morgan website. Got selected to participate in on campus interviews, consisting of one thirty minute interview. Mostly fit based questions. Some technicals but nothing difficult.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Went to a networking event. Met some of the employers and the recruiter. Applied online. Received a phone call for a phone interview about a week later. Passed the phone interview, went to super day. Had three interviews back to back. All behavioral questions, very conversational. Be prepared for questions about the market and economy. Overall, great experience. Great company with very motivated employees. Can't wait to start!

Interview Questions

• What's going on in the economy and how does it effect JPM?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I attended an information session and had a phone conversation later on with someone I met. I was then invited to a superday a few weeks later. I was informed the following week and had two weeks to accept.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you have an interest in markets?
      Describe a leadership experience.
      What are some of your weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

asked behavioral questions and just tried to get to know you. Stressed the flight test; seeing if they could spend time on a plane with you. Everyone was friendly and tried to really sell the company to you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a group case study discussion. We are given a situation where a retail bank try to expand its products by getting 3 funds from JP Morgan. We have to discuss which funds to choose out of 9 funds.

Interview Questions

• Please pick 3 out of 9 funds to add to the retail bank's products.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

very positive. i applied online and i went to a target school.an analyst first contacted me for a frist round interview. questions are very behaviorial like walk me through your resume. then, i got in the superda. i had friendly conversations with their ed and md on the superday. they are insightful and finally i got an offer on the same day. i was very happy to accept.

Interview Questions

• where the market is goiing and how is that impacting the business of jp morgan   Answer Question