J.P. Morgan Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

3.2

130 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a group case study discussion. We are given a situation where a retail bank try to expand its products by getting 3 funds from JP Morgan. We have to discuss which funds to choose out of 9 funds.

Interview Questions

• Please pick 3 out of 9 funds to add to the retail bank's products.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

very positive. i applied online and i went to a target school.an analyst first contacted me for a frist round interview. questions are very behaviorial like walk me through your resume. then, i got in the superda. i had friendly conversations with their ed and md on the superday. they are insightful and finally i got an offer on the same day. i was very happy to accept.

Interview Questions

• where the market is goiing and how is that impacting the business of jp morgan   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

On campus first round interview followed by a Superday in San Francisco. Most people that I know with some sort of relevant experience were offered a first round interview, but JPM gave out the most first round interviews out of any bulge bracket in OCR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New Orleans, LA) in November 2015.

Interview

The first round was in my college career center, but the second round was at their office. The first round two was two senior managers, but the second round was a round robin type where I met with 4 people for 30 minutes each. The interview was not difficult, but it was a little intimidating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Basic phone interview to start asking about the markets and my thoughts on them, brain teasers and background information for myself. From there went on to a superday which included three different 30 minute interviews that were mostly personal questions and talking about my resume. I was also asked an expected value question and how I would invest money.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the markets right now?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Interviewer was polite but very unemotional. Could not gauge how I was doing.
    Asked me some basic questions about my Java background - coded some simple loops.
    Fit interview was very basic, nothing out of the ordinary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

First interview consisted of a phone call with an analyst who was an alumni from my school. The first interview consisted of a mix of behavioral and technical questions. Was notified the next day that I would have a second round interview with a VP in one day. The second interview was only 20 minutes and the questions asked were all about my resume. Went to the superday the next week. The superday consisted of 3 30 minute interviews with Executive Directors. The first interviewer had a lot of experience in the industry, but had to be one of the most confident people I have ever met. He occasionally referred to himself in third person.

Overall it was a great experience. In preparation for the interview I memorized all of the answers to some of the technical guides, but most of the questions asked did not show up on the guides.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Process took a couple of weeks. There was 2 back to back 30 minute interviews. Interviewers had a predetermined 7-8 questions to ask. Questions were mostly behavioral but some technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

coffee chat, 40 minutes. You talk to one analyst and one MD. You have to try to let them memorize you by the end of the talk. The interview itself is not hard, but because the questions are very generic, I find it hard to actually make an impression.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then had a phone call interview with a Vice President from their Dallas office. The interview was for Sales and Trading. It was a very interesting

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Describe a time when you had to make a decision in a team, without all the information being given.   Answer Question