J.P. Morgan Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at J.P. Morgan

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

First interview consisted of a phone call with an analyst who was an alumni from my school. The first interview consisted of a mix of behavioral and technical questions. Was notified the next day that I would have a second round interview with a VP in one day. The second interview was only 20 minutes and the questions asked were all about my resume. Went to the superday the next week. The superday consisted of 3 30 minute interviews with Executive Directors. The first interviewer had a lot of experience in the industry, but had to be one of the most confident people I have ever met. He occasionally referred to himself in third person.

Overall it was a great experience. In preparation for the interview I memorized all of the answers to some of the technical guides, but most of the questions asked did not show up on the guides.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

coffee chat, 40 minutes. You talk to one analyst and one MD. You have to try to let them memorize you by the end of the talk. The interview itself is not hard, but because the questions are very generic, I find it hard to actually make an impression.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in January 2016.

Interview

It took about 3 weeks for the whole interview process. 2 phone interviews back to back for about 30 minutes each. They are associates who have been in the business a long time and really just want to get to know you and see if you are a right fit for the company. They make it easy and are very nice.

Interview Questions

• The first call was mostly behavioral and about your resume, and the second was mostly situational. How did you handle this situation when this happened...   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

A few Technical and behavioral questions. Two 30 minute interviews from VP's. Was told I would here either way in two weeks- no offer. First interviewer was definitely more difficult and particular with the answers, second was much more relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe the assets and liabilities of a coffee shop? What are JP Morgan's largest assets/liabilities? If you bought a bat and ball totaling $2 with one $1 more than the other and the bat was $1.75, how much was the bat?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Went to a networking event. Met some of the employers and the recruiter. Applied online. Received a phone call for a phone interview about a week later. Passed the phone interview, went to super day. Had three interviews back to back. All behavioral questions, very conversational. Be prepared for questions about the market and economy. Overall, great experience. Great company with very motivated employees. Can't wait to start!

Interview Questions

• What's going on in the economy and how does it effect JPM?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Greenwich, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief 20 minute phone call asking about myself and my resume, why JP, etc. Followed by an in-person interview where 4 people rotated in every 30 minutes. There were basic questions about my own resume and how my past experiences could connect to helping the asset management team over the summer. There were no technical questions asked during either of my interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Penn State University, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Penn State University, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Met JPMC reciter at a school sponsored networking event and was told to apply online. Submitted application through my university career website. Later was invited to schedule a 1hour phone interview. The phone interview was two 30 min back to back 1 on 1 interviews. I heard back about a week later and was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what the 4 lines of business at JPMC are and tell me a little about each one.   Answer Question
    • What have you seen lately in the news in regards to the Financial industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I participated in the fall Winning Women program. There were two rounds of interviews: a 20 minute phone interview, almost purely behavioral, to determine my fit for the Winning Women program. Once accepted, I had a Superday of 3 30-minute interviews in New York. These interviews were about half behavioral and half technical. However, since I interviewed for public finance rather than another department, the technical questions did not structure around pitches but rather around a basic understanding of economic theory, bond pricing, Fed policies, etc.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you explain bond pricing to your grandmother?   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell us about a time when you faced a time constraint and had to make a decision on priorities. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Q: What is a recent development in public finance that interests you?   Answer Question
    • Q: How much do you know about the Fed's policy of quantitative easing? What are your thoughts on it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in May 2014.

Interview

First round-on the phone: behavioral questions. Previous intern experience, academic interests, why J.P morgan, why the program.
    Final round-on the phone (unavailable to be on site): technical, excel involved. Three person, back to back. An hour and a half. Most questions are not hard, the excel one is a little bit detailed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the biggest challenge you have encountered.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview- more tell me about yourself and why do you want to do this internship
    This was at the analyst and associate level

Superday- mostly VPs and one MD this was for public finance so a lot of it had to do with them trying to discern if you really wanted to join their team or be somewhere better.

Interview Questions

• What options would you tell a client they have for financing a new project?   Answer Question