J.P. Morgan Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Summer Interview Questions

2.9

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Interview

Resume is sent through university career system. Got Tel interview in about 2 weeks. Last about 20 minutes. First, some behavioral questions: why IBD. After that, there is 2 technical questions to test your knowledge in finance. These are basic questions but you should present your answer in clear logic and discuss every aspects as possible.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

First round interview. I was interviewed by two women who were both very friendly. Mostly just behavioral questions except maybe one analytical. It was a pleasant experience. I would recommend it to anyone.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time when you were on a team and someone didn't pull their own weight. How did you handle it   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

Applied Online, Got a call for a Phone Interview, Followed up with an In Person Interview in the office with HR Contact. Recieved the job offer two days later. completed On boarding information and started working a few weeks later.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2011.

Interview

Started as a phone interview, then a couple of their managers came to the school and spent a whole day interviewing all applicants. Besides going through my resume, they asked questions related to working in a team/handling conflicts etc

Interview Questions

• tell me about a situation when your suggestion did not work   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 one on one interview. The focus was on quick learning skills and leadership skills. My academic skills were also scrutinized in the interview. Basic financial knowledge was required.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2015.

Interview

One case study and followed by 2 rounds of interviews. The case study have about 14 people in one group. We have 30 mins to read the materials and 45 mins to discuss among ourselves. Then we have to present the ideas to the directors.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)).

Interview

2 interviews,
    phone
    then on site
    questions on:
    Team work
    communication skills
    analytical skills
    Initiative taken
    knowledge about firm and industry
    simple brainteasers

case study: 3 retail food stores -
    brief descriptions of each- only 1 page quite concise - some charts ( quite unreadable) -some tables - with balance sheet. Analyse: pitch sell/long/hold.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied online, called for 2x30 minute interviews at their offices. A lot of knowledge about the current economy and problems throughout the world was needed to be known. HR was very helpful answering email queries etc. Interviewers were friendly but somewhat intimidating, lots of competency based questions and not many about the company or role itself

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the events in Russia and Ukraine   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2013.

Interview

It was mostly behavioral questions around leadership and work experience. A particularly interesting question that stood out was "what was one challenge that you encountered in your leadership experience? How did you face it?"

Summer Interview

Interview

You apply online, and if they like your CV you get sent a numerical reasoning online test to complete. After that, you get invited for two 1-to-1 interviews which are competency based. Finally, there is the assessment centre, which involved writing a report on the competing merits of two companies, then a role play where you explain your report, follwed by an unrelated group exercise and 2 more 1-to-1 interviews.