J.P. Morgan Summer Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.6

133 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2017.

Interview

I went to the career fair and my school and got a call back a few days later for an on-campus interview. I had two back-to-back 30 minute interviews. The first interview was much more casual and more like a conversation. The second interview was a bit more intense and technical. In addition to questions about projects, they gave me one coding question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project where you used the principles of OOP.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a project and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through their career page, and was redirected for an on-campus interview a month later. The technical interview required you to code on a white board but was fairly standard. The behavioral interview was in-depth as they try to gauge your interests both academically and personally. Overall the process seemed to be a 'lite' version of typical technical interviews since they seem intent on heavily recruiting more technical people. They responded with a verbal offer 3 weeks later, and an official offer a week after that.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email to have 2 phone interviews, one behavioral the other technical.
    I was told they would contact me to let me know if I got the internship. It has been a month since then and I haven't heard from anyone, although I have reached out twice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Talked to them at a career fair, and they followed up with an interview. The interview itself was split into two parts, one behavioral and one technical. The behavioral one went very smoothly, they expected me to be fairly interested in the industry and to know about investment banking. The technical part was just a series of conceptual questions, mostly about java. It took about two weeks after submitting my resume and applying before they contacted me about an interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between functional programming and object-oriented programming?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (State College, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied in September, offered an interview in November. 2 30 minute interviews back to back on my college campus and then I heard back about a week later with their decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied end of September / early October. Received an email in early November for a campus interview in a couple of days. In early December, I received an email that they would not proceed with the application.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have dealt with conflict in a team situation
      Tell me about a time when you had to work long hours to accomplish a task or project.
      Give an example of a time when you persuaded others to do something or convinced someone to see your
      point of view.
      Give an example of a project you enjoyed working on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

The first round interview process was pretty straight forward. I applied and they came to the campus career fair and 2 weeks later I had an interview on campus. The interview was 2 rounds technical and behavioural. They asked general questions like an other behavioural interview. The technical portion they discussed technology and some of the languages you used and some other language specific questions. This was for their infrastructure internship

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between javascript and java and what would you use each of them for?   Answer Question
    • Do you know how to setup a server in linux? Explain   Answer Question
    • What scripting language is most commonly used in linux and what distributions of linux have you used?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Two 30 minute interviews, behavioral and technical questions. Pretty standard process, very typical interviews. Very personable recruiters who were very engaged in getting to know who I was. They followed up very quickly (within a week).

Interview Questions

• Given only 1 works (Security, functionality, ease of use) What would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (State College, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

There were two back to back interviews. The first consisted of a technical interview and the second was a cultural fit interview. The technical interview they asked about projects on my resume and a couple questions to make sure I wasn't a phony. The cultural interviewer was the nicest person I've ever met and we had a great conversation about life so that was easy too.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was composed of two contiguous on-campus interviews. The first was a technical screen, asking me how one might find the strategy a company might use to find the maximum profit it may reap if given an array of stock prices for each day. The company may either buy a single unit at price, sell the unit in possession, or do nothing.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate the uses of the three main principles of object-oriented programming: abstraction, inheritance, and encapsulation.   Answer Question