J.P. Morgan Summer Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at J.P. Morgan

2.6

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Cambridge, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by J.P. Morgan about an interview for the Summer Analyst position, and the interview took place on my college campus. It was largely behavioral, with a few questions about programming projects that I had done in the past. We also talked about past job experiences. Overall, it was fairly easy and straightforward. The interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or unexpected. Just make sure you know your resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I applied on my school's career website and I was called in for two 30 minute interviews. The first was technical and the second was completely behavioral.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very basic technical conceptual questions such as what is the advantage of using a linked list over an array, differences between C and C++, etc   Answer Question

I have not declined yet, but I have not accepted yet.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in January 2015.

Interview

I got a request to interview internally, after already working for the company. Had a 30-45 min conversation with a recruiter. Mostly asked behavioral questions and explained the program. Not super intimidating

Interview Questions

• How do you like working for J.P. Morgan?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

Attended a hackathon hosted by JP Morgan called "Code for Good." I got an email from a recruiter about interview location and time. I went the McCoy Center for an in-person interview. The McCoY Center is the biggest JPM Chase location in the world with 12k employees and largest office space in U.S. after the Pentagon.

Interview Questions

• Mostly HR behavioral questions and some about my projects and courses I am taking. Then they asked me some questions about the basics of Java.

- What is the difference between Class and Interface?
      - Describe garbage collection
      - What is inheritance and describe its properties?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Ithaca, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Very simple, two 30-minute interviews on campus, asked very simple questions.
    I was notified by recruiter, saw two different interviewers. Both asked mostly behavioral questions, asked very basic OOP concept questions. Mostly asked about past experience.

Interview Questions

• What past projects have you worked on   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (College Park, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

Two parts - first was a behavioral interview that was mostly questions on how I'd act in certain situations, and the second was more technical questions. No coding, just knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What are the three principles of object based programming?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly short. I found out about their program through a university Career Fair and then was contacted a week or so after by a recruiter to set up an interview. Then, I had two back to back 30-min interviews which were mostly behavioral and slightly technical.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to figure out how to print every 3rd line on an input file.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate my paycheck at all but I did ask for extensions.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2015.

Interview

I went to a career fair and passed along my resume. I had one phone interview as sort of a screening process. Then another short (<30 min) technical interview. thought I did really well, but I did not receive an offer. A few of my friends who interviewed with me had a similar experience.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

One to one interview. Interviewed with two different individuals, each for 30 minutes. One right after the other one. Very conversational, asked some behavioral questions. Most of the questions were what any other interviewer would ask. My interviewers have not been working at the company for a very long time so they were closer to my age and we talked more casually (or it can just be because I was the last interviewee of the day and they are getting ready to just wrap up)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to solve a problem (or something to this nature)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in September 2014.

Interview

There were some technical questions and some personality questions. Took about a half hour. Overall it was positive experience. The interviewer was very down to earth which set the atmosphere to a positive one and helped me to relax a lot. My tip to anyone interviewing is to be yourself but still professional and you shouldn't have a problem.

Interview Questions

• Describe your process of implementing one of the projects listed on your resume.   Answer Question