J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions

Interviews at J.P. Morgan

2.7

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2009.

Interview

applied online, got a call from them about 2 weeks later, was asked about 5 min about the position and what hours I want to work. Then about a week later got a call from a branch manager who asked to come down for the interview and was offered a position. Probably because they had to hire someone within time frame.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Moreno Valley, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

I've applied online through their website, the next day early morning i received an email that the recruiter will contact me as longest i reply with the best time and phone number they could reach me. Two days letter no response, I've send another email later the same day they reply with a date for the phone interview. I've waited for the call and decided to call back, left a message and yet no callback. Four days later i decided to send them another email making sure if the job position was still available? two days later they called, phone interview was okay just the typical questions like your background experience. They needed a teller as soon as possible they told me i was going to received a call from the manager to set up an interview, two hours later manager left me a voicemail to set up an interview. The next day called the manager and they wanted me to be there at the branch in 30 minutes. Waited in the lobby for 30 minutes due to the fact they were really busy, and they were in of need of people, during the interview they ask questions about my background experience, customer service, and what will i offer to chase if i was chosen for the position. After the interview the manager told me they have other candidates that they will interview later on, I might receive a call from them later next week. two hours later the recruiter called me and offer me the employment. I wonder did they ever had other candidates to interview as well???

Interview Questions

• Why should we hired you?   1 Answer
    • Why are you better then other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They start their tellers at 11.00 hour

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Plano, TX) in March 2007.

Interview

I originally applied online for a part time teller position. I got a call after a couple of weeks to come into the branch for a 1:1 interview. It was a pretty standard hourly position interview. A few days later, I got a call saying they wanted to hire me, but first I had to do a basic math skills test, get finger printed, submit a urine sample for drug testing and complete a form for a background check - pretty standard procedure for working at a bank.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2007.

Interview

I applied over the weekend. The HR Recruiter called me Monday morning, I had a phone interview Monday night. A one on one interview was set up for Wednesday, and after that interview with the Assistant Branch Manager, I was contacted by the Recruiter and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked for a preferred hourly wage and I would recommend you ask for more. A starting teller at that time could start from 7 to 11 dollars an hour.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2007.

Interview

First, I had to put in my application. Then I was contacted by someone from another state to set up a phone interview. I then interviewed over the phone a couple days later. Then, I was called in for a personal interview by the managers at a specific branch I applied for. They interviewed me and called me a couple days later to offer the job.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you disagreed with someone you worked with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in July 2009.

Interview

The first step is the phone interview. I spoke with a gentlemen who asked me real general questions. Told me about the pay range, etc. It was a long time ago so I don't remember all of the details. After the phone interview about a week later I got a phone call from the Assistant Branch Manager at the branch I applied for. Ask if I was still interested in the position, set up an interview. The interview was a smooth process lasted about 40 minutes to an 1 hour.

Anonymous Employee in Manlius, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Manlius, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

Applied. Company recruiter called. Missed call, returned call. Phone interview. Branch interview. Contacted by Onboarding. Sent running all over new york for finger prints, and security ID. Done that. Showed up for work 2 weeks later. Had a paycheck waiting EXCELLENT. Training, training, and more training. Worked with another teller. CLASS. WOW on the teller line.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Islandia, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

The Branch manager was very polite and felt that I had a shot. The interview had a few basic questions on experience on handling money and customer service. She described the job as easy going compared to my other job as a grocery clerk working as a cashier. Everything was going well and it seemed that the position was mine for the taking. Unfortunately, when i met one of the other managers, I froze up. remember, they want to know if you can sell, so focus on customer service and most importantly SALES.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Santa Clarita, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

The recruiter at the time was a complete moron. She had terrible follow up and was completely unprofessional. I was interviewed by an operations supervisor and an assistant manager. The actual interview went pretty well, but when I recieved the actual call back the operations supervisor called and had said we would have to postpone hiring til further notice and hung up. Come to find out it was because they had gotten an internal transfer who ended up never showing up. So I had a second interview with the actual branch manager and another assistant who offered me the position right then and there.

Negotiation

It wasnt really negotiation. It was more like "this is the pay range and what youre going to get"

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied online, took a skills test and was called by recruiter. Interviewed face to face with Asst. Bank Manager