J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.7

95 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was sent a link for a personality assessment. Soon after i was sent a link for a web-based interview. The interview was me answering recored answers into a webcam which were reviewed after.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Very simple, sent an application online, was called in for an interview. Met with the hiring manager, was told that they will get back to me, they were interviewing other candidates and will get back to me once the background and criminal checks clear.

Interview Questions

• asked questions about my employment history, reasons why I left previous job and why I wanted to work there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

I have interviewed at 3 different branches. All the exact same interview process and questions. Each branch seems to be more concerned with how long I plan on being at their company as opposed to my work experience or whether I would be a good fit or not.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2015.

Interview

You apply online and do an assessment if you pass you will receive an email to do an interview online. Depending on the area that you live you might be interviewed diffrently, I live in San Diego CA. If everything goes well within a a week or two you will be contacted by a recruiter which will ask a few question if any, then will direct you for a one-on-one interview at a branch with Branch manager,assistant manager, and maybe lead teller. If you pass you will be contacted by the recruiter within one or two weeks, I would recommend calling the branch managers 3 day after you interview to show interest. Dress professional, research about the company and products!!! Be confident, smile alot, they want people who enjoy being around people, customer service is everything. Bring two copies of resume in color preferred. So you get contacted by the recruiter who gives you the offer then proceeds with forms online you will be asked for a drug screening, background check, and will call former employers to verify the dates you worked there.If everything come back ok you will be given a start date. I got offered 12/hr Good luck !

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me about a time you deal with an irritated costumer, how you deal with it and outcome?
      Tell me about your cash handling experience?
      How do you deal with an out of balance?
      Why chase?
      Tell me a time you showed a customer how to use technology at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, tellers salary ranges from 11-12/hr I was offered 12

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2015.

Interview

The interviewing process was organized and the interviewer was nice. They first interviewed me through HireVue. I then pass that and went to interview at the branch I applied for.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

took about 5 days. Live chat interview, got called in the next day for branch interview and sat down for about an hour and a half with Branch manager and assistant branch manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was not able to negotiate hourly wage

Teller Interview

Interview

very easy and standard questions. you don't need a lots of experience in anything to get hired.
    entry level position. Each person has different experience interviewing at Chase. mine was very informal

Anonymous Employee in Marco Island, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Marco Island, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

I had a friend working at the branch I applied to. After submitting my application I got a call from the branch manager to set up an interview time. The interview was one on one with the BM. She wanted to know my previous job experience, told me about the role, asked if i was interested and said I would hear from her soon to set up an interview with the District Manager. DM interview was very casual. More so like he was just trying to get to know me. He really didn't really ask any questions, but asked me what questions I had for him. Soon after I got a call from the BM saying that they've offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever made exceptions in your previous roles? If yes, why did you make them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (College Station, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and on Tuesday I got an email from a recruiter about doing a video interview through hirevu. For the video interview you record yourself answering questions via webcam. After that a recruiter called about setting up an interview at the branch. I then had two interviews one with the branch manager and one with the assistant branch manager. After my interviews I got a call a day later from the recruiter offering me the position. I then had to do a drug test and get fingerprinted. Training will be three and a half days tu,we,th,fri.

Interview Questions

• for the video interview they asked me
      what do you know about chase and the teller position
      what would you manager say are your strengths and weaknesses
      how did you deal with a difficult customer
      what is a time you went above and beyond for the customer
      have you ever balanced your own till and what was the biggest overage or shortage   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was none they offered me 10.00 per hour

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied, received a call from the recruiter, then had a face to face interview with BM and ABM

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation