J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.7

95 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Interview

asked about sales experience and resume

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Brownstown, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Brownstown, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

I had only one interview after the weeder phone interview, with usual questoins you'd expect to see. It was a while before I heard back and a while until my start date was posted. I experienced many problems with the company as I was getting started. My first impression was rather negative.

Interview Questions

• "How do you work as a member as a team"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Here's you hourly salary. Deal with it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arverne, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Arverne, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online
    Did The Assessment
    Got An Email The Next Day
    Contacted A Recruiter
    Did A Phone Interview
    Set Up An Interview With The Branch Manager
    No one ever called me back after the interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from the recruiter who was great! She kept calling me for newly opened positions until I landed one! She believed in my skills and abilities, even gave tips. Interviewed with branch manager, assistant branch manager and lead teller. Questions are not the typical, "what are your strengths and weaknesses" type questions, but scenarios. "Tell me about a time when you had to overcome and obstacle, what was it, and how did you overcome it", "Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer, what was the problem, and how did you resolve the problem", "Tell me about a time where you were asked by a manager or supervisor to act in a way that was not in accordance with company policies and procedures, what was the situation and what did you do"?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were asked by a manager or supervisor to act in a way that was not in accordance with company policies and procedures, what was the situation and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Apply online. Receive email. Receive phone call from Recruiter; phone interview. Receive phone call from Branch Management; 1 on 1 interview.

Teller Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2010.

Interview

Applied on-line, took an on-line required test which consisted of basic, what would u do questions and some math problems. Was called to schedule an interview the next day. Showed up to my interview and to my surprise it wasnt a one on one. Consisted of manager and assistant manager, made me that much more nervous. Was asked to explain my work history, etc etc.. went awful and just made me realize I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP when it comes to interviews.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was sent a link for a personality assessment. Soon after i was sent a link for a web-based interview. The interview was me answering recored answers into a webcam which were reviewed after.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Very simple, sent an application online, was called in for an interview. Met with the hiring manager, was told that they will get back to me, they were interviewing other candidates and will get back to me once the background and criminal checks clear.

Interview Questions

• asked questions about my employment history, reasons why I left previous job and why I wanted to work there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

I have interviewed at 3 different branches. All the exact same interview process and questions. Each branch seems to be more concerned with how long I plan on being at their company as opposed to my work experience or whether I would be a good fit or not.

Anonymous Employee in Marco Island, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Marco Island, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

I had a friend working at the branch I applied to. After submitting my application I got a call from the branch manager to set up an interview time. The interview was one on one with the BM. She wanted to know my previous job experience, told me about the role, asked if i was interested and said I would hear from her soon to set up an interview with the District Manager. DM interview was very casual. More so like he was just trying to get to know me. He really didn't really ask any questions, but asked me what questions I had for him. Soon after I got a call from the BM saying that they've offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever made exceptions in your previous roles? If yes, why did you make them.   Answer Question