J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 30, 2017

2.7

96 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied, received a call from the recruiter, then had a face to face interview with BM and ABM

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Teller Interview

Interview

Phone interview

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite thing about your previous job?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

clear, straight to the point. I was able to complete it at an efficient time.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Sent my resume in for a job opening, ten days later they called me and scheduled and interview. Everyone there was really nice and friendly. It was easily noticed that they really care for their customers.

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty well expected and average, difficulty wise.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Interview

Easy if you have experience with previous bank

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Submitted application and resume online; and had to pass a certain math/personality test. Then was contacted by a recruiter; days later got a call from a branch manager for an interview; He had a set of questions and

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Tell me of a time when you went out of your way for a customer? (have a very good story; come up with one)
      Weaknesses? Strengths? Tell me about a time you sold something?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter told me how much and experienced teller received and I accepted at the time.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward, I applied online and got a call from a recruter about a week later. The recruter asked me some questions like what were my future goals, etc. I was then contacted by the branch manager and called in for an interview. The interview consisted of the branch manager and an assistant manager. The questions were pretty basic, no curve balls.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Miami, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got an email for a video interview. I passed that and HR called me up and want to set me up with a branch manager.I went to the interview and i thought i did pretty well but havent heard back from them yet.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this item(could be anything)   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Got a call to come in for an interview, no phone interview questions. Went to the interview and got asked a few brief questions, like how my previous job correlated to the one I was applying for. After I got interview with the manager, the district manager came in and interviewed me. After about 4 hours I got a call back from hr and said I got the job. Had to take tests and a training course to finally be able to work at my branch.

Interview Questions

• how did you sell products to ensure the customer bought it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied for a job with Chase in early March. I was called by a branch March 8th to come in for an interview on the 11th. On the 11th I went to the interview, that was conducted by the assistant branch manager, and was asked questions about my job, customer service, and seeling skills. I was aked about times when I may have had to deal with a diffucult customer and how I handled it. I was also asked about a time I had gone above and beyond for a customer and why, among other questions. After my with the asst. branch manager I was interviewed by the branch manager. He asked his own set of questions and asked me if i had any. I only had a few about the position(ask questions! they want you to ask questions!). I left the interview feeling pretty confident. They said they were conducting more interviews but i would hear from them soon.
    In the meantime I was called by another branch on the day of my first interview for an interview on the 13th. I accepted the interview. On the 12th branch #2 called back and said they had to cancel my interview until the first branch decided what they wanted to do with me. On the 13th branch #1 called and wanted me to come for a second interview. I went in on the 15th and met with the distrcit manager and the branch manager again. They asked a few more questions, some the same questions from the previous interview. They told me they would have a final decision made by the following Friday which was the March 22nd. March 19th they called and offered me the job.
    I had to go to the Chase Tower to do some paperwork and fingerprinting. I also had to take a drug test and pass a background check. All of which I passed. I start training at my branch in April.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel the need to go above and beyond for customers, sometimes with no direct benefit to you?   Answer Question