J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2016

2.7

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Sent my resume in for a job opening, ten days later they called me and scheduled and interview. Everyone there was really nice and friendly. It was easily noticed that they really care for their customers.

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty well expected and average, difficulty wise.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Teller Interview

Interview

Easy if you have experience with previous bank

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Submitted application and resume online; and had to pass a certain math/personality test. Then was contacted by a recruiter; days later got a call from a branch manager for an interview; He had a set of questions and

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Tell me of a time when you went out of your way for a customer? (have a very good story; come up with one)
      Weaknesses? Strengths? Tell me about a time you sold something?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter told me how much and experienced teller received and I accepted at the time.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward, I applied online and got a call from a recruter about a week later. The recruter asked me some questions like what were my future goals, etc. I was then contacted by the branch manager and called in for an interview. The interview consisted of the branch manager and an assistant manager. The questions were pretty basic, no curve balls.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Miami, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got an email for a video interview. I passed that and HR called me up and want to set me up with a branch manager.I went to the interview and i thought i did pretty well but havent heard back from them yet.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this item(could be anything)   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Got a call to come in for an interview, no phone interview questions. Went to the interview and got asked a few brief questions, like how my previous job correlated to the one I was applying for. After I got interview with the manager, the district manager came in and interviewed me. After about 4 hours I got a call back from hr and said I got the job. Had to take tests and a training course to finally be able to work at my branch.

Interview Questions

• how did you sell products to ensure the customer bought it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied for a job with Chase in early March. I was called by a branch March 8th to come in for an interview on the 11th. On the 11th I went to the interview, that was conducted by the assistant branch manager, and was asked questions about my job, customer service, and seeling skills. I was aked about times when I may have had to deal with a diffucult customer and how I handled it. I was also asked about a time I had gone above and beyond for a customer and why, among other questions. After my with the asst. branch manager I was interviewed by the branch manager. He asked his own set of questions and asked me if i had any. I only had a few about the position(ask questions! they want you to ask questions!). I left the interview feeling pretty confident. They said they were conducting more interviews but i would hear from them soon.
    In the meantime I was called by another branch on the day of my first interview for an interview on the 13th. I accepted the interview. On the 12th branch #2 called back and said they had to cancel my interview until the first branch decided what they wanted to do with me. On the 13th branch #1 called and wanted me to come for a second interview. I went in on the 15th and met with the distrcit manager and the branch manager again. They asked a few more questions, some the same questions from the previous interview. They told me they would have a final decision made by the following Friday which was the March 22nd. March 19th they called and offered me the job.
    I had to go to the Chase Tower to do some paperwork and fingerprinting. I also had to take a drug test and pass a background check. All of which I passed. I start training at my branch in April.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel the need to go above and beyond for customers, sometimes with no direct benefit to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arverne, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Arverne, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online
    Did The Assessment
    Got An Email The Next Day
    Contacted A Recruiter
    Did A Phone Interview
    Set Up An Interview With The Branch Manager
    No one ever called me back after the interview

Anonymous Employee in Wallington, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wallington, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

I filled out an application on Chase.com. I got a call from a recruiter for a phone interview and they just asked about previous jobs and why I want to work for chase. I then got a call from the assistant branch manager about 2 days later to come in for an interview. I had an interview with the branch manager who was very nice and down to earth. She read questions off of a paper such as how I would describe myself and how others describe me? Also how I dealt with a difficult customer and she also asked me to sell her something. She talked to me about the job and what I would be doing. After the interview at the branch I got a call from another recruiter 2 hours later that I got the job and she told me how much I would get paid and when my start date was and if I accept the offer. I then had to go get my fingerprints and a drug test and then could start working.

Interview Questions

• Sell me a pair of socks.   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a difficult customer?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Mesa, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward and I was asked questions about specific examples of different customer service scenarios (e.g. A time when you had to deal with an angry customer). There was one point where the interviewer excused himself and then took literally ten minutes to get back and I could of swore he was just behind me in the lobby conversing with others. He then asked any questions I had and put me to his assistant who asked me questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions was likely one of the questions where he asked "Give me an example of a time when you dealt with a customer..". Sometimes you just have nuver run into a time where you dealt with the specific situations.   Answer Question