J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.7

95 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Wallington, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wallington, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

I filled out an application on Chase.com. I got a call from a recruiter for a phone interview and they just asked about previous jobs and why I want to work for chase. I then got a call from the assistant branch manager about 2 days later to come in for an interview. I had an interview with the branch manager who was very nice and down to earth. She read questions off of a paper such as how I would describe myself and how others describe me? Also how I dealt with a difficult customer and she also asked me to sell her something. She talked to me about the job and what I would be doing. After the interview at the branch I got a call from another recruiter 2 hours later that I got the job and she told me how much I would get paid and when my start date was and if I accept the offer. I then had to go get my fingerprints and a drug test and then could start working.

Interview Questions

• Sell me a pair of socks.   1 Answer
  • How would you deal with a difficult customer?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Mesa, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward and I was asked questions about specific examples of different customer service scenarios (e.g. A time when you had to deal with an angry customer). There was one point where the interviewer excused himself and then took literally ten minutes to get back and I could of swore he was just behind me in the lobby conversing with others. He then asked any questions I had and put me to his assistant who asked me questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions was likely one of the questions where he asked "Give me an example of a time when you dealt with a customer..". Sometimes you just have nuver run into a time where you dealt with the specific situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied for a teller position with JPMorgan Chase on Wednesday, May 12, 2012. On Monday, May 19th, I received a call from the Branch Manager himself to come in for a interview on May 22, 2012. I was interviewed by the Branch Manager and the Assistant Branch Manager. The interview was based on customer service and sales but mostly customer service experience questions. I was asked what does excellant customer service sound and look like. I was given scenarios and examples on what tellers of JPMorgan Chase have to do when in front of a customer. On May 25th, I received another call from a lady that worked at a different branch within the district. She wanted to invite me to have a second interview on May 29, 2012 with the District Manager at his branch. I went in and spoke with the district manager and he told me that he wanted to meet me because the managers at the branch I interviewed at really liked me. He brought up more questions about customer service and talked to me about my previous employers. He also talked to me about uniforms and how Chase works. On that same evening, I received a call from the Recruiting Coordinator to offer me the position. I then accepted the offer of employment and followed the pre-employment process which consisted of signing the offer of employment, completing the onboarding forms, drug screening, fingerprinting, taking a photo for the employee access ID, and completing my I-9. I was issued an estimated start date and on Friday, June 8th, I received an e-mail from the pre-employment department stating that I successfully completed the pre-employment process nad I am approved on my given start date.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Jose, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

applied online got an email the next day to call the recruiting office to talk to them about my background and skills. After that was done an hour later the branch manager called me to come in for an interview. The interview was with the branch manager and the assistant manager and went pretty good. Got told "we still need to review other candidates" and finally got the job 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you handled a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from the recruiter who was great! She kept calling me for newly opened positions until I landed one! She believed in my skills and abilities, even gave tips. Interviewed with branch manager, assistant branch manager and lead teller. Questions are not the typical, "what are your strengths and weaknesses" type questions, but scenarios. "Tell me about a time when you had to overcome and obstacle, what was it, and how did you overcome it", "Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer, what was the problem, and how did you resolve the problem", "Tell me about a time where you were asked by a manager or supervisor to act in a way that was not in accordance with company policies and procedures, what was the situation and what did you do"?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were asked by a manager or supervisor to act in a way that was not in accordance with company policies and procedures, what was the situation and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

Online application includes assessment of customer service and cash handling. Phone interview 3 days after submitting application. Basic questions about cash handling experience, customer services, some situational questions as how you deal with difficult customers. In-person interview with assistant branch manager and branch manager a week later. Very organized, professional people, questions involved how to handle difficult situations.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave you last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview

Pretty simple. Submit application online, wait for back office recruiting people to call. They forward the info on to a branch level. Wait for the branch manager to call. Go into an interview. Come out. Start working.

Interview Questions

• All their questions were pretty expected. The most reflective one was, "what was a time when a customer was upset with you and how did you handle the situation?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty simple. They made an offer, I counter offered, they got back to me and accepted.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Apply online. Receive email. Receive phone call from Recruiter; phone interview. Receive phone call from Branch Management; 1 on 1 interview.

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Thousand Oaks, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Applied online, got a call for an interview. Interview was with branch manager. Basic interview questions that you get everywhere (why Chase, tell me about a problem you overcame at a previous job, what is customer service to you, etc.) Got called for a second interview with assistant branch manager, who is in charge of tellers. Exact same questions. A week or so later I got a call from the recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Canton, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview took two days. The hiring manager was really friendly. Interview questions were very structured. I had to take another interview with another management trainee employee. They both liked me. After all of these I had to go through drug testing and background checking. After I successfully passed the those tests jod was all mine :)

Interview Questions

• How did you handle the hot tempered customers in your previous work?   Answer Question