J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Brownstown, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Brownstown, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

I had only one interview after the weeder phone interview, with usual questoins you'd expect to see. It was a while before I heard back and a while until my start date was posted. I experienced many problems with the company as I was getting started. My first impression was rather negative.

Interview Questions

• "How do you work as a member as a team"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Here's you hourly salary. Deal with it.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Antonio, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about a week later stating that I had been chosen to participate in a phone interview for the position. I called the recruitment number which was given to me in the email, and completed a very brief phone interview with a representative. She told me that she would forward my application on to a few branches and that I should hear something within a week. About a week later, I received an e-mail asking me to submit another application for a specific branch. I did so and three days later was contacted by the Branch Manager to set up a 1:1 interview. The interview went well, but I was told they were interviewing a few other candidates for the same position and that they would be in contact. A week later I received a phone call from the recruiting center letting me know that I had gotten the position. All in all, took from 2 to 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't really given room to negotiate. I was told I'd be making 10.00 an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied for job. Got a call the very exact same day as i applied. Interview was the next week. I was interviewed by the assistant and branch manger. They asked me questions about myself and experience and my personality. Interview went great. A week later i found out I got the job. Had to do a background check and fingerprints. Started two weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

Initial interview with recruiter then you are contacted by different specific branches. The process takes awhile and you can interview with multiple branches before finally getting hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offer and it is yes or no

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Orange, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied online on a thursday... had a phone interview the next day (friday). That monday I received a call from the assistant branch manager who set up an interview for that Tuesday. Went to the interview... was asked questions from a packet/my responses were written down. The next day I got the job offer. The process was surprisingly fast.

Interview Questions

• How would you protect your customers information?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied online on company web-site. Got call from assistant manager and was invited for interview. Dress professionally. Other employees at the branch were watching while i was waiting. So make sure to be friendly and make first impression on them too. Interviewed by the same assistant manager and her trainee. Basic questions about previous jobs, customer service questions and why i want to work for chase. After that they asked if I had any questions. Make sure u have them, so they see u interested in this position and their company too. Got a call from recruiter after 5 days. Accepted offer. Start date took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe the time when you had difficult customer and you resolved his/her issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

JP Morgan Chase HR phone screen starts the process. Shortly after I hung up the phone, I received a phone call from a BM at a branch I applied for. Went in for the on-site interview which included the VP Branch Manager and the Assistant Branch Manager. They want to hear about your customer service experiences. They want to know how you can turn a bad customer experience into a good customer experience, and they want to hear about your experiences in working in a team environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were on a team to accomplish a task or project. What was your role and how did you contribute? What do you think were the characteristics of that team which made it successful?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Leandro, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I did a 1 to 1 interview with the manager in the branch, prior that I didn't get any group or phone interview at all. I went straight to the manager interview which I still have no clues about why, maybe my qualification was perfect of what the were looking for( because i have worked as a teller before at another bank),so the manager just call me in to have an interview with him. The interview last about 35 to 40 minutes. It basically ask you about how would you handle a difficult customer?, how much cash did you ever have to handle on your previous job?, Where do you see yourself in 5 years? what is customer service? Why choose this bank? How flexible you are on the schedule? How bad do you want this job on the scale of 1 to 10? etc...just very basic questions about yourself and the position you applying for. Just be comfortable then you will be okay.
    But I didn't get the job, because the manager was having some hiring issue, because they just received a transfer from another branch, so they end up sending my resume/profile to another branch which had no Manager at that time, and said will have manger take over in another month, however, I didn't get any call back after that, so I gave up on that position. I was pretty bad luck those days. Good luck to all of you who's applying for Chase, hopefully they won't treat you the same way they treated me.

Interview Questions

• Where you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • What are the steps you take to handle customer's transactions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Applied online, completed personality/skills test involving simple math. Received email for scheduled interview at hiring branch. Was interviewed by Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manger. They asked general interview questions and also asked me to role play a referral opportunity with a customer. Be as sociable and as friendly as you can. Try to avoid awkward silences and remember to maintain eye contact throughout interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain an experience you've had in any previous jobs where you had to go above and beyond to satisfy the customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bellevue, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

Interview went very well. But got rejection letter after 2 hours. Donno the reason. Probably the girls didn't like me