J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.7

95 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Applied online, completed personality/skills test involving simple math. Received email for scheduled interview at hiring branch. Was interviewed by Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manger. They asked general interview questions and also asked me to role play a referral opportunity with a customer. Be as sociable and as friendly as you can. Try to avoid awkward silences and remember to maintain eye contact throughout interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain an experience you've had in any previous jobs where you had to go above and beyond to satisfy the customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bellevue, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

Interview went very well. But got rejection letter after 2 hours. Donno the reason. Probably the girls didn't like me

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

After applying online for several branches, I was finally called for a face to face interview. Things seemed to go well even though the manager talked about his personal life rather than finding out more about my skills. I heard about a week later I didn't get the position, but I got another interview. This time the manager acted like he didn't even have time to say hi to me before he began. You could tell from the moment we started this was not going to end in my favor. We parted ways and after persistence and more applications I got a call from a recruiter. There was a phone interview followed by two more branch interviews. Finally one branch staff seemed to click and an offer was made. I have no clue what they were looking for but I had a bachelors at the time and years of work history?

Anonymous Employee in Baldwin, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Baldwin, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied online in April of 2010. I first had to the assessment test which consisted of a personality test and math portion. I was contacted by a recruiter after a week in which she tried to place me at certain branches. After another week, I was contacted by the manager of a branch close to my house. She asked me to come into the branch for an interview and I was hired the exact same day as the. I started training a week later which took two weeks. The first weekend of training took place at a branch in a town over from me and the the second part of training took place at the branch I was hired at.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied online, took a skills test and was called by recruiter. Interviewed face to face with Asst. Bank Manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

I applied to the position online. I applied to many not just one. After many emails that i didn't receive the chance to interview for the job I was ready to start applying to different banks. Turns out one of the same banks that sent me a rejection email calls me about two days after the email. He called a Wednesday for an interview the following Tuesday. I was late to the interview by 15 min but i did call them and let them know i was running late. Interview questions were the same ones people posted on this site, so i was prepared

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chandler, AZ) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied online, did pre interview questions with recruitetr, then inperson interview with branch manaagment. Many questions were around cash handeling and my history balancing cash. Other questions were around following policy, and working together as a team.

Interview Questions

• History with difficult co-workers. Describing a situation where coworkers did not get along, and what was done to improve or resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me salary based on experince. The deal was take it or leave it. Chase does not negotiate it's hiring offers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2010.

Interview

nice recruiter

Interview Questions

better offer from another bank

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

recruiter contacted me, went on one interview they didnt hire me, went on another interview, got a call back about two days later.

Interview Questions

• what would you in a situation where you havve an upset customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

they told me how much they were starting me with at the time $11 was a come up!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Islandia, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

The Branch manager was very polite and felt that I had a shot. The interview had a few basic questions on experience on handling money and customer service. She described the job as easy going compared to my other job as a grocery clerk working as a cashier. Everything was going well and it seemed that the position was mine for the taking. Unfortunately, when i met one of the other managers, I froze up. remember, they want to know if you can sell, so focus on customer service and most importantly SALES.