J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

After applying online for several branches, I was finally called for a face to face interview. Things seemed to go well even though the manager talked about his personal life rather than finding out more about my skills. I heard about a week later I didn't get the position, but I got another interview. This time the manager acted like he didn't even have time to say hi to me before he began. You could tell from the moment we started this was not going to end in my favor. We parted ways and after persistence and more applications I got a call from a recruiter. There was a phone interview followed by two more branch interviews. Finally one branch staff seemed to click and an offer was made. I have no clue what they were looking for but I had a bachelors at the time and years of work history?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Baldwin, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Baldwin, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied online in April of 2010. I first had to the assessment test which consisted of a personality test and math portion. I was contacted by a recruiter after a week in which she tried to place me at certain branches. After another week, I was contacted by the manager of a branch close to my house. She asked me to come into the branch for an interview and I was hired the exact same day as the. I started training a week later which took two weeks. The first weekend of training took place at a branch in a town over from me and the the second part of training took place at the branch I was hired at.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied online, took a skills test and was called by recruiter. Interviewed face to face with Asst. Bank Manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

I applied to the position online. I applied to many not just one. After many emails that i didn't receive the chance to interview for the job I was ready to start applying to different banks. Turns out one of the same banks that sent me a rejection email calls me about two days after the email. He called a Wednesday for an interview the following Tuesday. I was late to the interview by 15 min but i did call them and let them know i was running late. Interview questions were the same ones people posted on this site, so i was prepared

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chandler, AZ) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied online, did pre interview questions with recruitetr, then inperson interview with branch manaagment. Many questions were around cash handeling and my history balancing cash. Other questions were around following policy, and working together as a team.

Interview Questions

• History with difficult co-workers. Describing a situation where coworkers did not get along, and what was done to improve or resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me salary based on experince. The deal was take it or leave it. Chase does not negotiate it's hiring offers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2010.

Interview

nice recruiter

Interview Questions

better offer from another bank

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

recruiter contacted me, went on one interview they didnt hire me, went on another interview, got a call back about two days later.

Interview Questions

• what would you in a situation where you havve an upset customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

they told me how much they were starting me with at the time $11 was a come up!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Islandia, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

The Branch manager was very polite and felt that I had a shot. The interview had a few basic questions on experience on handling money and customer service. She described the job as easy going compared to my other job as a grocery clerk working as a cashier. Everything was going well and it seemed that the position was mine for the taking. Unfortunately, when i met one of the other managers, I froze up. remember, they want to know if you can sell, so focus on customer service and most importantly SALES.

Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Moreno Valley, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

I've applied online through their website, the next day early morning i received an email that the recruiter will contact me as longest i reply with the best time and phone number they could reach me. Two days letter no response, I've send another email later the same day they reply with a date for the phone interview. I've waited for the call and decided to call back, left a message and yet no callback. Four days later i decided to send them another email making sure if the job position was still available? two days later they called, phone interview was okay just the typical questions like your background experience. They needed a teller as soon as possible they told me i was going to received a call from the manager to set up an interview, two hours later manager left me a voicemail to set up an interview. The next day called the manager and they wanted me to be there at the branch in 30 minutes. Waited in the lobby for 30 minutes due to the fact they were really busy, and they were in of need of people, during the interview they ask questions about my background experience, customer service, and what will i offer to chase if i was chosen for the position. After the interview the manager told me they have other candidates that they will interview later on, I might receive a call from them later next week. two hours later the recruiter called me and offer me the employment. I wonder did they ever had other candidates to interview as well???

Interview Questions

• Why should we hired you?   1 Answer
    • Why are you better then other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They start their tellers at 11.00 hour

Anonymous Employee in Manlius, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Manlius, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

Applied. Company recruiter called. Missed call, returned call. Phone interview. Branch interview. Contacted by Onboarding. Sent running all over new york for finger prints, and security ID. Done that. Showed up for work 2 weeks later. Had a paycheck waiting EXCELLENT. Training, training, and more training. Worked with another teller. CLASS. WOW on the teller line.