J.P. Morgan Transaction Processing Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Transaction Processing Specialist Interview Questions

2.7

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter from Aerotek and I got the interview within 3 weeks. I was interviewed by 3 different people, the first two were in person 1 on 1. They both asked similar questions such as my background, what extracurricular activities I did through college, talk about certain classes, my skill set, etc. The third interview was through the phone, which was originally set to be scheduled later in the week but the manager on the other end happened to be free when I went in so he called me from his office in NY. All of them wanted to know about what I did through college and why I want to work for JPMorgan.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by in person meetings. After passed the test with the then boss I was invited to go through a peer review process. Peers asked around daily job expectations and I was also able to ask them about the position. After peer approval I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle in a previous position to get buy in from senior management ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated the compensation....fortunately, because after that there wasn't much negotiating anymore.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Was very vague. I didn't walk away understanding the position, although I thought I did. How it was explained to me was very different from what it wound up to be.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any certifications that may cancel you out.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with two managers. Asked about my previous experience and what I could contribute. How I worked in a team setting and under pressure and challenging timelines. Asked about project management experience.

Interview Questions

• If I had an issue with a deliverable how I would communicate that to my manager?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

It was very intense and thorough. The interview was a panel interview. The questions were coming from all angles of the panel. It was nerve racking but I made it through.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied online for this position and at first received an email saying I didn't get the job. A month later, a recruiter called me, around 6pm, asking if I was still interested in the position. Not really knowing what position it was, I told her yes and she was able to set up an interview for me in the following week. The interview consisted of an in person and phone both 30 minutes each. Both employers were very friendly and casual. They didn't ask difficult questions, or at least questions that one should be nervous about. They both lasted the duration of 30 min. The recruiter called me a day after to see how the interview went. She was very friendly and reassuring.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in current position? Why are you leaving your current position?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If they decide to offer you a position, definitely see if there's room to negotiate. The recruiter asked what was the salary range I was looking for.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who informed me of the position and submitted my resume. The interview was with four managers on the phone. They mostly asked me about my work experience. The interview took over an hour. The next day I was told by the recruiter they wanted me to join the team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Met representative at job fair and showed interest in me. Told me to expect a call next business day to set up phone interview. Called me as promised and asked to apply online. Also set up phone interview. Interview consisted of reviewing job history and what I've done. Questions like: Best job?, Worst Job?, What do you really want to do?, job specific questions like proficiency in MS Office products one by one, and experience in banking. I asked about the last person for the position and said new position in area. Felt like it was just a formality and was somewhat hurried to move on. Was told to expect email with instructions for another interview tomorrow face to face with four different individuals one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• Job that you loved the most   1 Answer
    • Job that you hated the most   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview went well. I met with four people from different teams; even though I applied for only one position. They were all very nice and the interview was more a conversation than an interview. They did explain in detail what the day in that role would be like. I interviewed on Thursday, on Monday I got a call. I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Could not negotiate, I was given the salary and either accept or not. This was en entry level position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Louisville, KY) in March 2010.

Interview

I was called about the position and we went over my resume. She said we would talk a little about the position (she left me a voice mail), but we didn't really. We just went through my resume, line by line. About a week later, I got a call from someone else saying that JPMorgan Chase wanted to schedule an interview that week (this was Wednesday). We arranged an interview for that Friday morning. I met with two individuals. They asked general questions - tell me about yourself, what are your strengths/weakness, what motivates you. I was told that I would be contacted within about 5 days since they were almost finished interviewing people, but I wasn't. So, I called back the initial person who had contacted me and was told that they went with someone else. Overall, it was a good experience. Everyone was extremely friendly.