J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

3.2

483 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

First they ask to complete a technical exercise. Second step is the telephonic interview.
    Once successful,finally then they invite for face to face technical, competency interview.
    Interview Feedback takes 4-6 days.

Interview Questions

• basic java questions on exception handling, oops concepts, asked to draw class diagrams.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied for a position in one of South East Asia cities. The online numerical assessment was easy. Had online behavioural interview a few months later, and received an email about a phone interview around three weeks after I completed the on-demand interview. But the weird thing was that they did not specify a date and time, only the time frame (one week from when I received the email). I anxiously waited for the phone, but they didn't call. Then received another email saying that the telephone interview period had been extended to another one week, I even emailed them making sure that they had my correct phone number. They didn't call and I sort of gave up. Received rejection email two months later.

Interview Questions

• Describe an achievement you are proud of   1 Answer

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call from their recruitment team after applying online and scheduled an initial phone interview with a VP part of the Intelligent Solutions team in London.

Second stage was a technical test at home with an hour and a half time limit. There was one machine learning related question and one which required a bit of creative thinking.

Third stage was an on site interview with the VP and two members of the team, going through experience on the CV and technical questions.
    I was told after this that feedback was very positive, however there were candidates with more experience which were selected for the role.

Everyone at JP Morgan was very friendly and helpful, gutted I couldn't get the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2017.

Interview

One hour video conference with three people. Interview was quite easy going and the interviewers were patient and understanding. Mostly technical questions so research is useful. Interviewers seemed to appreciate owning up to not knowing something, rather than trying to bluff your way through it.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between method overriding and overloading.   1 Answer

Spring Week Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

It's just a telephone interview from Glasgow. Simple questions, such as why JP Morgan, why Tech and your motivations, etc. Little technical questions. The whole process is about 30 mins and at the end, they will ask you do u have some questions to ask him. :)

Recruiter Interview

Interview

telephone call after application in 2 weeks time,application process/ form is very lengthy and unnecessary info as well. initial telephone interview with a recruiter then 2 onsite interviews, 1st one was a panel structure. and second meeting head of department, well planned interview, and also open ended questions, it was an easy interviewers,

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Complete a coding test, write a paragraph why you are suitable for the role, take a first stage technical telephone interview, proceed to second stage on-site interview with line manager.

Interview Questions

• Q: "Describe Loose Coupling and Cohesion."   1 Answer

Quant Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial 30 minute discussion with team leader, going over my CV and projects I worked on followed by second more technical phone interview. Second interview straight into probability questions, lasted approx. 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• If you roll two dice, what is the expected number of throws to get a 4 and a 5, and in that order.   Answer Question
    • If you have 100 revisions for a code, what is the minimum number of tests required to find the broken code file.   Answer Question

Corporate Analyst Development Program-Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bournemouth, England (UK)).

Interview

Online application with two motivational questions. Got called for AC at Bournemouth office. Had no online tests.
    At the AC I had two personal interviews, one hour group task followed by another interview based on the task.
    Interview 1: mainly motivational and behavioural
    (Past experience based)
    Interview 2: again motivational (value based - drive and integrity)
    Group Task: typical corporate analysis case with a technical update required in 2/3 divisions at a bank. Use data to state which two of three divisions should get update. Recruiters sit around your team and listen how you decide as a team
    Interview 3: You pitch the decision of your group task to the recruiter and follow up questions about how you found the task and the team.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2017.

Interview

Several interviews with different people from different departments. Usually interviews are in 30 min slots and the people you interview with will not necessarily be the people you will work with

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very professional. There is limited room for negotiation. Also a good bank to work for