J.P. Morgan Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Underwriter Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

two phone call interviews, which were with recruiters. The final interview was an in-office interview with upper management. Very easy process, they basically had their mind up when they brought me in.

Interview Questions

• Went through resume asking about each experience. Nothing crazy   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

After a phone call to the hiring manager, I interviewed face to face with two managers after submitting my resume on line as requested. I was escorted into a conference room , they were very punctual, friendly, and put me at ease. I knew several people coming and going, security was tight, but it made me feel protected.

Interview Questions

• has my experience been consistent   1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

1 phone interview w/recruiter followed by 1 phone interview w/hiring manager (since this was a remote position).

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions follow the format of "Tell me about a time when....". They focus on conflict resolution & also ask the basic questions of why you think you would excel at the job or what your greatest weakness is.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This company does not negotiate on salary at least for this position. Either you accept what they offer or you look elsewhere for a job.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, 1 in person interview

Interview Questions

• How do you calculate Partnership Income?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I initially said no and when they increased the offer I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

Very comfortable interview with two managers who were very friendly. Questions were pretty normal interview questions (situational), not a bad interview at all.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to describe a scenario where my manager wanted to do things one way, i suggested another way and was able to convince them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Zero negotiation, tried to negotiate salary but recruiter immediately said they were not negotiating as there were 50 people in the program and they had to keep salaries the same.

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Garden City, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

1 interview. Interviewer simply wanted to get a feel for who I was and my prior experience. There main concern was that i had enough background knowledge to keep up with there high demands.

Interview Questions

• the hiring manager interviewing you will read off a set of standard chase questions (If you have experience they are simple) he/she does ask for elaboration and will add questions based off your answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. they send a letter indicating the position and salary. you accept. I did ask if the salary was negotiable and it was not.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Quick with a very direct approach. No follow up questions asked - just directive of contact from the recruiter if hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your manager and how you handled it   Answer Question

Negotiation

Go in knowing what you want. Be realustic for the field you are applying

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Melbourne, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview was quick and easy, they did a phone interview first, basic questions. How do you fit with this company then strengths and weaknesses. The interview process was good

Negotiation

UNKNOWN

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2010.

Interview

It was a group interview with three managers. It was one of the easiest and most comfortable interviews I have ever been on. I was offered the job right after the interview.
    I would only suggest that you be yourself. It seems like they went based on my experience and personality. I was not asked any Star Questions like "Tell me one of your weaknesses" or "Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a supervisor". So I was relieved by that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you did at your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2010.

Interview

The actual interview last a period of 20 minutes, briefly when over my work history. Asked why did I think should be selected over other candidates. Went over my work knowledge of the financial institutions and experience working with outside contractors, investors,etc,. Lastly informed someone would get back to me if I was an candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are the best person for this position?   Answer Question