J.P. Morgan Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Vice President Interview Questions

Interviews at J.P. Morgan

2.8

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I was recruited by regional management for a territory of my choice. The process for me was very straight forward. I already was aware of with their program from other people within company.

Interview Questions

• what is it going to take to bring you over?   1 Answer

Negotiation

get what you want in the beginning

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process moved pretty quickly, especially for a big bank. Started with a phone interview with the recruiter and then a phone interview with the hiring manager. Followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager and two separate in person interviews with those representing the business. Each in person interview was around 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my background and how they related to the role. There was also a case study   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 6 people on 3 different days. 1st interview went great. They outlined the position and a great fit. 2nd interview the Sr. VP was very rushed and didn't have questions prepared. He gave me conflicting information about the position and job specifications. They contacted my references prior to my third interview. Third interview went well, but they hired internally.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2011.

Interview

Two phone interviews with the exec recruiter, another one with the hiring manager, two face to face interviews with team members local to my state, one final phone interview with the global director for that division.

Interview Questions

• Questions about work experience, details of what I do and how I do it. Some personal questions too.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wilmington, DE) in September 2014.

Interview

Great interview, recruiter was good. Clear communications and honest disclosures. I saw the job, applied for it. Overall, it took about twenty days between applying and hearing back about the position. Role was in Wilmington Delaware.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Detailed interview with several levels of management. In addition, was interviewed by fellow team members. No "gotcha" questions presented. Open discussion and made to feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Where I saw myself in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Very much on previous experience. Focus on data analytics and leadership experience. Who you know seems to be important to them as well. Very much on previous experience. Focus on data analytics and leadership experience. Who you know seems to be important to them as well

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Why do you want this job? Why JP Morgan? Why this xyz location?
      Tell me about a past experience where you encountered a difficult relationship   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Standard behavioral questions. Easy going no worries with the interviewer. Was very professional and valued what I had to say or ask. They were standard questions looking for results. It was very laid back but very professional. Gave me time at the end to ask any questions that I may have had.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a manager and what was the outcome? Tell me about a time you made a positive impact from a bad situation. And what did you do to make it happen.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted what they had offered.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

- the interview process is pretty standard compared to other banks. had a couple of rounds of interviews and met with almost everyone on the team.
    - the interviewers were nice and asked standard questions like walk me through your resume

Vice President Interview

Interview

not much to describe, just average interview session as mostly all for accounting position. Several interviews were conducted from different seniority levels. First there was a telephone screening interview and then moved to interview sessions at JP Morgan. Process was pretty fast. Around 2 months

Interview Questions

• no surprise questions.. tell me what you did, walk me through your resume because the interviewer did not read your resume   Answer Question