J Sainsbury Customer Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.2

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Croydon, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

First I applied online on the Sainsbury's website and had to do an online test then I had a Phone interview then in store activities interview, the process was very quick and easy and it was HR that would give you the phone interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J Sainsbury

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bath, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Bath, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Job description was wrongfully advertised as being temporary part time work when in reality it was a full time job, i told the interviewer i was available for six months (bearing in mind i had already had my right to work checked and a 20 minute interview) and was then told that i they would not be able to offer me a job as the required a full time employee.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Leeds, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Arrived at the store and notified a member of staff that I was here for an interview. I was signed in to a sheet and taken through to the back staff rooms. I was sat in, what I assume was the lunch room, with a member of staff (not an interviewer) and left for ten minutes. It was very awkward. The interviewer then came and brought me in to a dingy office, stating that the one they normally use is being used for training. The interviewer was cold, she did not want to have any form of banter or friendly-ness. It made me feel quite uncomfortable. She asked me a few questions, some were quite patronising, but I got over it. No store exercise. Took around 15 minutes.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Sheffield, England (UK)).

Interview

Got an offer for a phone interview soon after I applied. Passed then got offered an interview in store.
    Interview was not formal at all, very easy, didn't ask me questions regarding why I wanted to work there just told me more about the store, hours and job role. Then got told they would let me know the week after
    A week later, I got a text telling me they've offered me the job then had to call in to arrange an induction day

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for sainsburys?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you went out your way to help a customer   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I reiceved their phone call the day following my (long) online application. I was mainly asked to repeat my personal data (such as my address) even though I submitted lot of data through their website. Then they just asked me why I wanted to work for them and what skills made me most suitable for the job (again I had written this already in the cover letter...), then they told me I would receive an e-mail with the next steps. One minute later I received an e-mail stating I was not selected. I found this phone interview pointless and I still don't understand why they rejected me.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone call with a member of the human resources department and then an in person 15 minute interview at the store. After that it was a recruitment 2 day seminar.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Walsall, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

I feel it's important to say that this interview was for a Sainsbury's Local, not a big supermarket.
     Applied online filling out a form then completing the online test. The online test must be easy because I wasn't really paying attention. The day after I got a text telling me to ring them for a phone interview. They asked me general questions then asked me some interview questions on the phone ''When have you gone the extra mile for a customer'' ''Why sainsbury's?'' ''Do you like a challenge''. They told me at the end I was successful and arranged my interview which was in 2 weeks time!
    The interview was super easy! I was asked to sign in and met by then taken to the canteen. As soon as I'd sat down I was taken to a small office for my interview. The manager was very nice and not intimidating at all. He asked me some general questions and checked my documents. This really relaxed me and my nerves were completely gone! After the formalities were over he gave me a sheet of paper and asked me to fill out the 3 questions giving me 10 minutes to do so, before he left he explained what the questions meant. I filled out the questions and then had to tell him my answers. Then it was over! No DVDs, no store walk, nothing else! He asked me if I had any questions (I did but in my nerves I forgot) then said I should hear back that day or the day after! I hear back about 6 hours later with the good news!
    Rang up HR and a very happy and nice man answered the phone congratulating me and checking my details and job details. I've now arranged my induction day (in 6 days time and it's paid!). There is honestly NO need to be nervous! I feel stupid for being nervous now! Everyone is so nice and the process is so easy!

Interview Questions

• When have you given/received great customer service?   Answer Question
    • When have you helped someone complete a task? (not done it for them)   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritise tasks that need completing?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Lewisham, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I first had a telephone interview then I had a face to face interview. The telephone interview was nerve wrecking, it was question after question and I felt very under pressure at times. i believe the telephone interview is scarier than the actual face to face interview, in the face to face interview you just discuss the role hours, they ask you your duties and role make sure you know! And they ask what they should expect from you and why they should pick you.

Interview Questions

• I believe one question that is important to them was how have you ever helped the customer more than you needed to, maybe reworded but similar question, sainsbury's take customer's very seriously and would like employees to go out of there ways in order to please customers which is why sainsbury's has good relationships with customers.   Answer Question
    • Why I would like to work for Sainsbury's   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Calne, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Three part interview. First part confirmed number of hours, the role with a chance to ask any questions. Second part was focused questions targeting: Experience of customer service, experience of teamwork and your motivation to want to work for Sainsbury`s. Final part was an isle walk, noting down 5/6 things you like and the same about what you don`t like. Then report these back to the Manager and explain your reasoning.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you experienced great customer service?   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bromley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Bromley, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

i applied on-line where i was given a test and successfully passed after i had pasted the test i received a email a couple days later and found out that i have been chosen for a interview. as it was my first i prepared and got ready for it. it was with the customer assistant manager, i waited about 5 minutes before getting interviewed. the interview went well as everything was following good did a couple checks and asked me a questions then took me downstairs to see what's going well and whats going bad then finally was asked to help a customer but sadly no one needed help. one week later i received a email saying i didn't get successful because i have a lack of experience.