J Sainsbury Customer Service Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.2

175 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First complete the Online questionnaire, a tip is to just make sure you put the customers and your own safety first. Next got a text asking me to book an interview, I interviewed one week later with a friendly manager. Got an offer a few days later which I unfortunately had to decline because I wasn’t given the hours I applied for henceforth I accepted an offer from another supermarket. Overall a pleasant and easy process. Good luck

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J Sainsbury

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

it was a straightforward fast process. Applied online. was invited via text to complete a phone interview, then upon passing that I was booked in for face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• what can you bring to Sainsburys   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

It was easy but I’m a shy person so it was quite hard for me. The manager was also rushing and didn’t quite listen to me properly. The interview process was very fast I applied at nights at received a phone call the morning after. I arranged the interview in the same week and that was it. I was told that I was unsuccessful about 5 hours after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Filled in an online assessment, then got a message asking to call and arrange an interview which was basic questions. Got a message a few days later saying that I got the job. I tried to apply multiple times for different roles and finally got one. Don't give up!

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online had to do an assessment, then maybe a few hours or a day later i got a text saying sainsburys wants to interview me and i should call which i did and they asked me questions about my right to work in the uk , reference etc then said i should come for an interview . The interview wasn't difficult just be very cheerful and smile. i got interviewed on a thursday and didn't hear back till the following thursday it took a week i thought i didn't even get the job. I got a text saying sainsburys wants to hire me. Overall it was a very good experience. Dont stress

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Bristol, England (UK)).

Interview

Asked me why I wanted to work for sainsbury's and when have I ever received good customer service? then they gave you a tour of a store and had to do a test when going around it and help a customer

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for sainsburys   2 Answers

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury in September 2017.

Interview

Online questions and customer service questionnaire. Email to ring up and arrange appointment. Unable to make interview due to illness. Rang to cancel then heard nothing until I got another email saying unsuccessful

Interview Questions

• Would you like another appointment for interview   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

So, my interview was at Sainsbury's local store Queensway. I had the appointment at 10am, I got there 5 minutes earlier and I talked to one of the staff on the shop floor and he led me to the staff room. Which wasn't all that but he assured me that the store manager would either come to me or someone would take me to the manager. So I waited for 30 minutes and just when I was about to leave someone came to tell me that the store manager would see me now. So I went into the room and first of all he greeted me nicely, and asked a bunch of personnel info, such as right to work in the uk and proof of address. Which I had with me and gave it to him. And he also asked me if I had any criminal record, and my age as well.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself ?   Answer Question
    • What job role did you apply for ?   Answer Question
    • How many hours did you apply for ?   Answer Question
    • Name one time where you received excellent customer service and why it was so good?   Answer Question
    • Name one time you worked in a group and met the specific deadline.   Answer Question
    • What do you think you would be doing in this store ?   Answer Question
    • What does this job role require you to do ?   1 Answer
    • As a customer, what do you expect from the store ?   1 Answer
    • Name one time you had to help your other colleagues to finish their task within the specific deadline.   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, submitting CV.

Went through online assessment choosing the best and worst action to take for a variety of scenarios.

Received text the next day advising I was successful for an interview at the local store and asked to call HR call centre.

Interview arranged for 3 days later.

Was asked to bring in passport and proof of residence.

Met with manager for informal interview - took about 20 minutes.

Was told I would hear by the following week. Didn't hear anything either way so rang the HR centre to chase them up and was told they hadn't received anything through from the store. Was told they would be in touch in next 48 hours but still hadn't heard anything.

Gave up thinking I hadn't got the job so imagine my surprise when out the blue, 3 weeks later, I got a text and email advising I had been successful in applying.

Had my induction 4 days later and started my proper shift the following day.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orpington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Orpington, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I completed the online questionnaire and was told I was successful. I called the HR department, they asked my security question and what form of proof to work in the UK I would be bringing and then we arranged an interview. Due to a bunch of mishaps, I ended up being 20 minutes late to my interviewt, but I was strangely calm. I explained what happened, made a joke out of it and it helped break the ice. She went through my NI number, birth certificate, what days I could do, uniform size, work experience etc.. Then we went down to the produce section and I had around 10 minutes to write down the things I thought were good and the things I thought needed improvement. Then I was placed on the checkouts, helping customers packed their bags, to see how I interacted with them. After we went back upstairs, and discussed what I'd written down, she asked the interview questions.