J Sainsbury Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J Sainsbury Department Manager Interview Questions

3.2

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Birmingham, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Assessment centre based interview. 4 part interview - allow 4 hours to complete.
1. General legal questions, e.g are you eligible to work in the uk? Are you over 18 etc...
2. Competency based quetions e.g What is the largest team you have been in charge of?
3. Workload exercise - Given a set of KPI's and you need to work out a 3 month plan to improve department figures.
4. Role play - you will need to hold a meeting with a poor performing employee.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J Sainsbury

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Initially online and then if successful a separate day which involves various exercises both individual and team based. As a group build an airport (timed) talk through financial figures and discuss how you would improve them. Situation based questions where you give examples of overcoming problems, exploiting sales opportunities etc...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a department manager?
      situation based questions to establish your though processes and how you lead a team.
      Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Newcastle, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Assessment centre at Newcastle.
    Interview
    role play
    swot analysis.
    5 seperate managers in 3different rooms.
    Love colleague and customer.
    Know Sainsburys values and talk sales drivers.
    they like an understanding of competitor. . Mentions reviews for colleagues and progression.

Interview Questions

• Swot on sainsburys
      read through brief. A troubled colleague and role out how we would set targets
      Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)) in September 2007.

Interview

i was asked in detail about previous work experience and howi would deal with a manner of situations around night shift work. Also asked how to maximize staff performance and how to deal with poor performers both pre and during disciplinaries. Asked what qualities i could offer in a difficult and busy store.

Interview Questions

• what were the negative issues raised from your last companies performance review.   1 Answer