J Sainsbury Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.2

General Assistant Night Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Somerset, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

To begin with this was one of my more easier interviews that I've done.

Apply online

Take the general assessment test

If you passed you'll receive an email with irc number then you will call hr to confirm interview date, position and what is needed.

Arrived at store, sign in meet interviewer

Taken to interview room

Go through your details and job you applied for

Talk about urself and your hobbies

Standard interview questions listed bellow

Go onto shop floor. Look at an Isle they give you note down good and bad points. Then go to checkout and assess the customer service being given again good and bad points.

Go back to discuss points.

End of interview.

There was only me and the interviewer. The whole process was very relaxed and they talked you through every step of the process. Don't panic just relax should be an easy experience for anyone applying.

Interview Questions

• Why sainsburys and what can you bring to this role?   1 Answer
    • When did you perform excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • When did you have to work in a team and what did you learn?   Answer Question

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury in November 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward, they asked basic questions about customer services. The interview was very straight forward. The hiring process didn't take more than two week from been interviewed to been hired

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

One of the best and least nerve-wracking interviews I have ever had. Just make sure you plan your answers in advance and you'll be fine. All the questions I had planned for were the typical retail questions and they were the exact ones I was asked in the interview. When I arrived I had to wait for a little while in the staff cafe, then I was taken to a room, the lady checked my right to work etc, then you were asked to walk around the shop floor with a clipboard and write down things that the store was doing well, and things that they could improve on. Afterwards you go back to the room and talk about what you wrote down, explaining why. Then comes the questions beginning with 'Tell me about yourself' and then onto the typical customer service questons.

The whole process was extremely quick and simple, from applying online to getting a text telling me Sainsburys wanted to offer me a job. I applied online on Wednesday, got a text thursday morning telling me to call HR to arrange an interview. Interviewed on Saturday, text saying Sainsburys wanted to offer me the job on Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • When have you received good customer service?   Answer Question
    • Why Sainsburys over any other store?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to work in a team and how did teamwork improve the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think customer service is important?   1 Answer
    • Do you shop at Sainsburys?   1 Answer

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

Applied online, completed a test, and was then emailed and text an invite to interview. Had to call a number to book the interview.
    The interview was in the store I applied to, and all the staff I came across were lovely! Honestly really nice friendly people. The interview was just giving past experiences and talking about yourself etc. Then went around the store writing positives and negatives (eg shelves that needed filling, short/long queues etc).
    I feel like they value personality and friendliness/ability to get on with people over the most “correct” answers, so definitely try to make small talk with your interviewer when you’re walking around and show your personality/sense of humour.
    Found out I was successful two days later, and have a paid induction at a different store (but very close by).

Clothing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blackpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Blackpool, England (UK)).

Interview

Easy interview, Started out as a group thing as here was loads of positions, then one on one, just general questions, nothing too bad. Was interviewed by my department manager, she was really friendly

Store Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was mainly about shop floor processes and how I related to other members of staff. I had been working there 2 years already so it was quite easy for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time when the I put one of the colleagues values in action to resolve a bad situation   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chestfield, England (UK)

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Chestfield, England (UK)).

Interview

One on one interview with hiring manager. Watched a video by myself and then had to answer questions about what I watched, gave plenty of time to answer. Behavioural questions where asked.

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

1) I was given a test to do online- best and worse answers
    2) Got a text and email the next day that I've been successful, and in the email I was told to call HR for the competency telephone interview where they ask you what would you do in "this scenario", and what you expect to do in the role, what you could bring to the role like your skills and stuff :)
    2) Then by the end of telephone interview I was told I was successful in that too so would need to come in for an interview. :) And I couldn't choose the data, they just give it to you lol.
    3) Then, you just go the interview and they ask for your documents and what would you do scenario's again, and I had to complete some activity where I needed to spot out stuff that was bad in the picture etc.
    4) Then, was told they'd get back to me .

Interview Questions

• What are you expecting to do in the role?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J Sainsbury in November 2017.

Interview

I was invited to an assessment centre after passing online verbal and numerical reasoning tests. The assessment centre consisted of an interview, a case study presentation and a prepared presentation. All the interviewers were very friendly and helpful.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Solihull, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

It was very relaxed, more questions about your right to work than actual interview questions. Applied online, did an online test, 24 hours later I was invited to an interview. Very quick process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sainsburys?
      What do you think makes a good customer assistant?
      When have you used your initiative and 'made it happen'?   Answer Question