J Sainsbury Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 24, 2018

2.2

General Assistant Night Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Somerset, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

To begin with this was one of my more easier interviews that I've done.

Apply online

Take the general assessment test

If you passed you'll receive an email with irc number then you will call hr to confirm interview date, position and what is needed.

Arrived at store, sign in meet interviewer

Taken to interview room

Go through your details and job you applied for

Talk about urself and your hobbies

Standard interview questions listed bellow

Go onto shop floor. Look at an Isle they give you note down good and bad points. Then go to checkout and assess the customer service being given again good and bad points.

Go back to discuss points.

End of interview.

There was only me and the interviewer. The whole process was very relaxed and they talked you through every step of the process. Don't panic just relax should be an easy experience for anyone applying.

Interview Questions

• Why sainsburys and what can you bring to this role?   1 Answer
    • When did you perform excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • When did you have to work in a team and what did you learn?   Answer Question

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury in November 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward, they asked basic questions about customer services. The interview was very straight forward. The hiring process didn't take more than two week from been interviewed to been hired

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Nottingham, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied for the position late Saturday and received a call to confirm an interview the following Monday. The interview took place during the Thursday and I received the position next Monday. So process took a week.

Interview was very easy. He asked a surprisingly low amount of questions. Three customer service questions (below) and then personal questions about myself, flexibility, right to work etc.

Overall the experience was very good. Don't worry if the interview seems a bit brief, I got the position anyway. :)

Interview Questions

• Why Sainsbury's?   1 Answer
    • What is good customer service?   1 Answer
    • What do you think this position includes?   1 Answer

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

Applied online, was then invited to an interview in my local store. Interview consisted of some basic questions, walk around the store and some interaction with a customer (packing their bags)

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I have a interview with Sainsbury’s for a customer service assistant role. I want to know what type of questions come up in the interview so I can prepare and so it goes good

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

Had to go through a couple of small tests that were quite easy and nothing to worry about, then when it came to the face-to-face it was very informal and basically a chat about why you want the job, but seems more like a formality if you have already passed the previous stages

Online Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online on 30th December 2017, received an interview date on 2nd January 2018 for the 6th. Received a job offer on 9th January 2018.

The interview was fairly easy and relaxed the interviewer was very friendly

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you've worked in a group?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Sainsbury's?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time where you've encountered a difficult customer? and what did you do?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and 2 days later I got a text to call them and book an interview. After a few questions related to my right to work in the UK and criminal offences, I booked an interview a few days later.

The interview was pretty relaxed, I mainly got asked questions I expected (see below). After, I got shown some photos of the store and got to say what was wrong in the photo and how I would solve/improve the situation (a photo of a colleague on the phone, a photo of big stock trolleys in the middle of the store etc). The last part of the interview was 3 scenario questions.

I got told I would get an answer in five days maximum. I got an email after 10 days with no offer.

Online Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taunton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Taunton, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

The first - online assessment, when I passed this my application went further and around week later I got a message inviting me on the interview (I've called to HR and booked my term). Interview was with a Manager and was simple and really nice. The first I filled the form with personal details, next few questions, next walk on the shop floor to spot what is wrong, then back to talk about it. Week later I got an email that I am successful and had to confirmed that I am interested.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why I am interested this job
      2. Where and what I am doing now
      3. What to do if I see cardboard on the shop floor
      4. What you do if you see that shelf are not enough stocked but you are busy at the moment
      5. Your action when glass is on the shop floor   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydenham Damerel, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Sydenham Damerel, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Straightforward interview, ask the standard questions...Why do you want to work for us are you able to work overtime etc. Do note, they take weeks upon weeks to respond to your application.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer