J Sainsbury Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2018

2.2

General Assistant Night Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Somerset, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

To begin with this was one of my more easier interviews that I've done.

Apply online

Take the general assessment test

If you passed you'll receive an email with irc number then you will call hr to confirm interview date, position and what is needed.

Arrived at store, sign in meet interviewer

Taken to interview room

Go through your details and job you applied for

Talk about urself and your hobbies

Standard interview questions listed bellow

Go onto shop floor. Look at an Isle they give you note down good and bad points. Then go to checkout and assess the customer service being given again good and bad points.

Go back to discuss points.

End of interview.

There was only me and the interviewer. The whole process was very relaxed and they talked you through every step of the process. Don't panic just relax should be an easy experience for anyone applying.

Interview Questions

• Why sainsburys and what can you bring to this role?   1 Answer
    • When did you perform excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • When did you have to work in a team and what did you learn?   Answer Question

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury in November 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward, they asked basic questions about customer services. The interview was very straight forward. The hiring process didn't take more than two week from been interviewed to been hired

Customer and Trading Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Started out with an online application. I was then told to call the recruitment office myself and take part in a telephone interview. This consisted of a few scenarios reflecting the real work in store.
    An in-store interview with a store manager was scheduled - it was good that I could select the time and location for this. I was made to wait about half an hour after turning up at the store, the interview itself was just with the store manager and consisted of going through my background and questions about leadership.

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolton, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Bolton, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online then immediately got an email to book an interview slot. Went to the interview where the interviewer started off asking about right to work and uniform size. Then we went to around the store, making note of good and bad. Then ask normal questions (below). Overall took 40 minutes. Received a job offer 24 hours later.

Interview Questions

• -A time you worked in a team?
      -A time you received good customer service?
      -What tasks do you think you’ll do?
      -Why Sainsburys?
      -Your skills?   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Northampton, England (UK)).

Interview

Online test and then an email straight away asking for an interview. I had one the next day, and it was a very simple process - went into store and met the manger and it was rather informal.

Interview Questions

• Why does your experience make you suitable for the role?   Answer Question
    • How have you dealt with colleagues who you did not get on well with?   Answer Question
    • When did working in a team end up in securing something successfully?   Answer Question
    • When was a time when you received or delivered excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • Why is it important to work as a team?   Answer Question

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

applied online, invited for an interview and notified by email I got the job. I did chase HR up as I was told I would hear back quickly. Overall, process took around 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What skills can you bring to the job?   1 Answer

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied for the job online, received an email in relation to scheduling an interview.

Interview day:
    Arrived at the Sainsburys, signed in, was then taken to a meeting room where the first 20 minutes was getting through my right to work and a short discussion about myself etc..

I was then given a clipboard and asked to go onto the shop floor and point out positives and negatives of the store as a whole.

Once doing this we went back into the meeting room and discussed my choices and why i chose them.

Lastly i was hit with the general interview questions (I’ll list them below) then the interview basically came to an end once answering all the questions. (Took around 30 mins)

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in March, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (March, England (UK)).

Interview

Answered situational questions online. Once through, was called in to watch a few video clips and answer questions associated with each one. The final talk was a simple question of why I wanted the job.

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bexleyheath, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Bexleyheath, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

Filled out application online, quick email to tell me I passed and need to book myself for interview. Interview was very relaxed go through usual stuff work to write documents etc. Then walk and talk on he shop floor highlighting good and bad points of the store. Then after just discussed induction day, then lead out by store members.

Interview Questions

• Do you know hours of shift applying for and the job itself?   1 Answer
    • Good and bad points of the store?   1 Answer

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

I completed and online application for and included a covering letter and my CV, I had to answer some scenario questions then the following afternoon I received and email inviting me to complete a video interview which i did today. I am now waiting to hear if I have progressed and if I get an offer, so far the process has been very good and simple to carry out.