J Sainsbury Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,396 Interview Reviews

2.2

General Assistant Night Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Somerset, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

To begin with this was one of my more easier interviews that I've done.

Apply online

Take the general assessment test

If you passed you'll receive an email with irc number then you will call hr to confirm interview date, position and what is needed.

Arrived at store, sign in meet interviewer

Taken to interview room

Go through your details and job you applied for

Talk about urself and your hobbies

Standard interview questions listed bellow

Go onto shop floor. Look at an Isle they give you note down good and bad points. Then go to checkout and assess the customer service being given again good and bad points.

Go back to discuss points.

End of interview.

There was only me and the interviewer. The whole process was very relaxed and they talked you through every step of the process. Don't panic just relax should be an easy experience for anyone applying.

Interview Questions

• Why sainsburys and what can you bring to this role?   1 Answer
    • When did you perform excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • When did you have to work in a team and what did you learn?   Answer Question

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury in November 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward, they asked basic questions about customer services. The interview was very straight forward. The hiring process didn't take more than two week from been interviewed to been hired

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

It was super quick. I didn't bother filling in the long application form online, instead I called my local store and asked them if they were hiring. They asked me to go in the following day at 8am. The interview was fairly quickly. The manager was getting to know my personality more than my actual skills/experience.

Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

Apptidue Exam, coding round
    Technical Interview, Hr Interview after one month offer realease till process in two days most waiting process
    1.introduction your self
    2.project btech
    3.resume mention
    4.sql
    5.java
    6.python
    Basic questions in all btech subjects
    Overall interview process

Insight Executive Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

Applied online, the hiring manager reached out to me and selected the interview time slot. Interviewer was nice but they don't give any feedbacks or messages if unsuccessful. I was ghosted.

Finance Manager Interview

Interview

They didn't contact me for interview until a month later. If I didn't contact them they would never give me a feedback. They have to improve a lot the hiring process.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Online application which narrows applicants down to a certain number for the role. All the usual questions that you would expect to see on an online application. This was followed by a teams call due to COVID.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Stevenage, England (UK)) in January 2021.

Interview

An application form online with a few scenario type questions to get you through to the next stage. The next stage was a face to face meeting to find out about work history and hours i wish to work should I be successful. Next my driving will be assessed online

Interview Questions

• Youre driving to your next delivery slot when the vehicle starts making a noise, but it still drives OK. What do you do- carry on and keep an eye on dashboard, call your next delivery customer to cancel, pull over immediately as you can't continue driving it.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on a job platform and asked to arrange a call.

When it came time for the call, the recruiter messaged me on whatsapp to say they couldn't get through to me (my phone was working fine, and if it wasn't they could also whatsapp call me or quickly set up a google meet or zoom call?) and asked me to type out my experience. I reluctantly did so and then was ghosted.

Very unprofessional

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

Applied online, simple enough application form, the interviewier was friendly, i had time to prepare my answers to the questions before the interview took place. The interviewer asked leading questions, promting my to say my best qualities