J Sainsbury Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 23, 2017

2.2

General Assistant Night Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Somerset, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

To begin with this was one of my more easier interviews that I've done.

Apply online

Take the general assessment test

If you passed you'll receive an email with irc number then you will call hr to confirm interview date, position and what is needed.

Arrived at store, sign in meet interviewer

Taken to interview room

Go through your details and job you applied for

Talk about urself and your hobbies

Standard interview questions listed bellow

Go onto shop floor. Look at an Isle they give you note down good and bad points. Then go to checkout and assess the customer service being given again good and bad points.

Go back to discuss points.

End of interview.

There was only me and the interviewer. The whole process was very relaxed and they talked you through every step of the process. Don't panic just relax should be an easy experience for anyone applying.

Interview Questions

• Why sainsburys and what can you bring to this role?   1 Answer
    • When did you perform excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • When did you have to work in a team and what did you learn?   Answer Question

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury in November 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward, they asked basic questions about customer services. The interview was very straight forward. The hiring process didn't take more than two week from been interviewed to been hired

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working overtime   1 Answer

Counter Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

I applied online on 11/07 then received an email and a text the following day saying that they'd like me to call up to arrange an interview. As I was desperate to get on with the job application process I opted for the closest interview date which was two days later on 14/07.

When I arrived at Sainsburys I went to the customer service desk and asked where to go for my interview. The woman told me that I was too early so should wait in the cafe. About 15mins later the man who would be interviewing me came and found me in the cafe and led me out back into a meeting room to have my interview. Here, he went over some basic questions about myself (including uniform size) before taking me onto the shop floor to assess the food counters. I was given a clipboard and told to write down any good and bad points about the counters. This was fairly easy as they do read out suggestions/examples beforehand. He then took me back to the interview room to discuss my points. These were then followed up by some typical interview questions.

Five days later, I received a text and an interview offering me the position! So there was only eight days between applying to the job and receiving the offer!!

Overall it was a really simple experience and reading through other glassdoor interview reviews really did help!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you received good customer service.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had just finished your shift but a customer asked you where to find a certain product? What if you take them to the aisle and there's none on the shelf? What if there's also none in the stockroom?   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply for this role in particular?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Sainsburys?   Answer Question

General Assistant Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

Online application with 20 questions, phone interview with general questions about the role and why you want to work for sainsburys, initial interview/assessment which consisted of 2 questions and an assessment of finding positive and negative about the department you will be placed in, job offer

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Leeds, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online for a local sainsbury's job, completed the questions they asked and the following morning i recieved an email informing me to contact HR to arrange a face to face interview. Arranged the interview for the next available date.
    Arrived at sainsbury's 10 minutes before interview started, was taken to the staff canteen after checking in. Interview was straight forward, really laid back and informal. The interviewer didn't seem all that bothered, she was just reading what was wrote down in front of her. Was asked general questions and a little bit about myself and my previous job. From the way the interviewer was speaking with me it sounded like i already had the job, was asked what size uniform i require, she told me dates and times of the induction days and if i was able to attend, how soon i was able to start etc. She said i should hear from them in a couple days time. i recieved an email 2 days later informing me although i had the skills they was looking for i was unsucessful and if wanted to hear feedback from my interview to contact HR. I contacted them for feedback only to be told that i won't hear anything yet as it's only been 2 days and when i informed the woman on the phone i already got an email from them she sounded abit confused and said she didn't have any information on how the interview went apart from i didn't get the job. Even though she previously said i shouldn't of heard back from them yet. Totally unprofessional as they give you information to contact them regarding feedback but then tell you they can't give you any. Glad i didn't get a job offer for this unprofessional company that clearly don't even care about their potential new staff and ask questions that make you get your hopes up thinking you have the job only to be told 2 days later you don't. Don't ask information about things you should only require if you're going to offer the candidate the job.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Croydon, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

First I applied online on the Sainsbury's website and had to do an online test then I had a Phone interview then in store activities interview, the process was very quick and easy and it was HR that would give you the phone interview

Counter Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leamington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Leamington, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I completed the online application which was easy then received an email and text a couple of days later telling me to call HR to organise an interview time - this wasn't an interview over the phone, only questions included were confirming the job title and hours and asked me if I owned a passport. My interview was 3 days later.

The interview itself was incredibly easy and laid back and took about 30 minutes. It was a 1 to 1 interview and had 2 parts to it. The first was checking my documents (address/passport/NI number) as well as uniform sizes. The the second was 3 questions about me and my work ethic etc. The questions were really easy, you can't give any wrong answers. My interviewer also just asked me things like "so what are you into? what are you doing at the moment/what do you enjoy doing?" creating a really relxed/informal atmosphere. They offered me the job there and then and asked me to come to an induction the following week which would consist of an 8 hour day of training.

Overall, a super easy and enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of when you worked in a team? Did it work out? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What do you think the job entails?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with not getting on with someone in the work place?   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and did the online test which was quite easy. A few days later I received an email that said that I should to arrange a telephone interview. During the phone interview the lady asked for simple questions and about my right to work in the uk at then of the call she said that I was successful and that I have do face to face interview in the store. I went to store about 5 days laters, the interview was very informal and relax I just had chat with her which lasted 15mins. I received an email a few days later saying that I was successful

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bamber Bridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Bamber Bridge, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

A very informal process with some tests and a very friendly chat you should find out if you hired within 3-4 days but it might be earlier

General Assistant Night Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sutton, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Sutton, London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I first had to fill in an application online. This included a few situational questions.
    The second stage was a telephone interview, which included questions such as:
    1. Why Sainsbury's?
    2. What skills can you offer

The final stage is a one to one interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer at your current/last place of employment?   Answer Question