J Sainsbury Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 22, 2017

2.2

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

After filling out the online test/application, I was invited to an interview. There were no questions about why you want to work there e.c.t and was easy questions.The questions were based around your details and a background check (e.g. criminal convictions). I suppose this was because the online test had already given them all the info they needed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J Sainsbury

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Leeds, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got an interview within a week, When i got to the interview got taken up into room in the back then the manager cam in and asked basic info questions then was taken onto shopfloor and given a walk round and as i was walking round was asked to make observations on what they were doing well and what they needed to improve then went back to upstairs room and was asked more in depth questions such as describe a time you gave good customer service, when you have worked well in a team etc. Lasted about 30 mins then was told I would hear if successful within a week.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

I applied for the job via their website, the application included the usual questions (Proof, References, and grades) and an online assessment to assess my knowledge on customer service.

The next day I received a text from Sainsburys HR to contact them to arrange an interview date (which was 6 days later).

On the day of the interview I arrived 15 minutes early to the customer service desk where I was given a visitor badge and was taken to an interview room.

Note: I wouldn't wear your very best shirt/top unless you don't mind making a hole in it (from the badge).

The interview was 1-1 and lasted around 1 hour. They checked my right of work documents, passport, uniform sizes etc. We then went onto the shop floor and I had to write down all the positive and negative things (which could be improved) about the store. After we went back to the interview room and went through what I had written down and was asked 4-5 questions.

The next day I received a text saying that they have offered me the job and to call HR to arrange a day for my induction.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Passed the online application where you had to answer questions based on different shop floor situations. Then was told to call up and do a phone interview, it was general customer service questions, passed and was told on the spot. Next, I was booked in for a face to face interview at Greenford. The booking was for a week later. It took me 2 hours to get there and on arrival, I found out that my name wasn't on the list. They had given me the wrong address on the email. I called back, then apologized and said would rearrange interview. I just gave up, very poor department.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Online test- situational with best and worst situations, phone interview with questions and then in store interview with line manager, was given 4 pictures and asked to write down what was good and bad in each. Then a chat to check the hours were right and talk about upcoming holidays, uniform size etc.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online through the sainsburys website, got asked in for an interview which lasted an hour. They asked various questions such as confirming your details, why you wanted the job and what my skills are. Then got asked various scenario questions and pros and cons of a certain picture from the store. Got offered the job 4 days later! :)

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Sheffield, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job online. Then followed up the application by phone where I was told that I had got through to the interview process. They emailed me all the information I needed for the interview that took place in the store I applied to work in and about a week or so later I was contacted by phone to tell me that I had got the job and about the induction days that I had to attend.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sainsbury's   Answer Question
    • Can you give an example of time where you offered good customer services or received great customer service (I was given the option of which I would prefer to answer.)   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)).

Interview

The process consisted of a online test to see if you could deal with customers and if you pass this then you are offered a 1 on 1 interview at the store applied for. You will first do another test and have the interview with the manager.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online at first, got a text and email telling me I had passed the first stage and had to call for a phone interview.
    The interview lasted 15 mins I was asked four main questions which I had prepared for.
    I was told I was successful and my next interview wud be at the store. Had to go there in formal attire. Once I got there had to wait around until a manager came and got me. Was taken to the canteen.. After that was asked for proof to work in the UK and proof of address.
    Shortly after I was given a tour of the store and had to point out what was good and bad in the store. Thn I had another interview and was asked four more questions which were based on team work.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview questions :
      Motivation to join sainsburys
      Why you think you would be good in the role
      What would you find difficult about this job
      A time you have delivered good customer service

Face to Face interview
      Same as phone with one added question
      How do you work well in a team   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online ans asked to call a number to carry out a telephone interview. They tell you there and then weather you have progressed to the next stage

There are only a limited slots for the face to face interview and since I couldn't make it to any of those due to being in another part of the country, I had do decline their offer.