J. Walter Thompson Worldwide Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

J. Walter Thompson Worldwide Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.7

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Walter Thompson Worldwide (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview, followed by a video interview. The phone interview was fairly brief. The video interview was longer, close to 40 minutes. It was very casual, conversational. Questions were geared to find out more about the applicants, not intended to be traps or at all misleading.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at JWT? Why this department?   Answer Question

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. Walter Thompson Worldwide (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

First, I corresponded with HR on two separate occasions. Once to learn about the teams that were hiring and what the position required. Then, to discuss next steps and coming into the office for an interview. The HR associate have me insight into who I would be working for and the brand itself. Then I met with an Account Manager, followed by a fairly extensive day of interviews for several accounts.

Interview Questions

• What my current position entails and how I believe it will help me at JWT.   Answer Question

Assistant Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J. Walter Thompson Worldwide (New York, NY).

Interview

met with HOP and 2 EPS. They are really nice and love what they do so it was easy to talk about production because I was very passionate about the role.

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Walter Thompson Worldwide (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

HR sat me down in the cafe and had me go through my book. Then they asked me to share my favorite piece and why it was my favorite piece. I think the best part was that they made me feel very comfortable and natural, and explained what the internship would be about.

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. Walter Thompson Worldwide (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I completed an internship at JWT and kept in touch with the recruiter. In my senior year, I reached out to the recruiter and completed my interviews by phone. I had two Skype interviews and a phone interview. I had my interviews and then found out less than a week later that I had gotten the job.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Walter Thompson Worldwide (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I only had a phone interview with them, but it was not very difficult. It was straightforward and lacked depth. However, they did ask me about work specifically done by the company. They asked questions regarding past experiences.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite piece of work done by J. Walter Thompson?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Walter Thompson Worldwide (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and then received a phone interview followed by an offer. Most interns have some sort of a connection to someone that works here. They take around 30 interns each summer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected... "If you could host one party, what would the theme be?" and loads of Qs about my resume   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation... One of the few NYC PAID internships

Account Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. Walter Thompson Worldwide (New York, NY).

Interview

Basically I had a recruiter bring me in, pump me up, sell me as a genius and then it was the easiest process I've ever been through. My boss informed me in the interview that he was leaving, which was weird.

Interview Questions

• What brands do you follow? Really? Who asks a questions like that? Someone who doesn't know.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Three to four offers and counters.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J. Walter Thompson Worldwide (New York, NY).

Interview

HR was really friendly -- got a phone interview through a connection

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that not a lot of people know   Answer Question

Assistant Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at J. Walter Thompson Worldwide (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I met with JWT for the first time for what I thought was an informational meeting with one of their executive producers. By the end of the that meeting, I realized that JWT had just been awarded a couple big new accounts and were looking to staff up. That night I got a call to come in the next and meet with the Head of Production. A couple weeks later, after various emails back and forth, I got a call from the Head of Production giving me an offer

Interview Questions

• If your life is a screenplay, pick one page that you think best describes who you are as a person and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much negotiation. I was asked my salary requirements before the offer was given, and ended up being offered the upper end of the salary range I provided. Fairly accommodating on start date.