J&L Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 26, 2017

2.9

Business Growth Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J&L Marketing (Louisville, KY).

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews. After an initial phone screen that matched a very basic level of capability review, I took a personality test. I was then set up to interview with a Regional Account Director; once he interviewed me, I was moved to interview with the CEO.

Every person I met with was very friendly and informative. They were always open to my questions and were clear in answering them. They always were in a good mood. The CEO was very direct in his questions. He seemed to know what he was looking for, and what he wanted for this position. This interview was a lot different than the interviews I've done before. I did a lot of roll playing various situations and was challenged often about why I answered questions a certain way. The Regional Account Director was also very knowledgable, and forthcoming about the needs and job requirements.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me some examples of a time when you provided great client service?   Answer Question

Business Growth Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J&L Marketing (Louisville, KY).

Interview

The interview process was well organized and started with a phone screening from the recruiter to get to know me a little better. My recruiter was very helpful throughout the interview process, helping me every step along the way. After the phone screening came the on-site interview at the J&L Marketing sales office in downtown Louisville. I had great conversations with 2 different people. I was asked to roll play a presentation about my current product. The questions were relatively easy, but I was well prepared.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if someone was being very difficult from the beggining during a sales call?   Answer Question
    • What are you most concerned about as it relates to performing this job?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

Interview

I was referred to J&L Marketing from a friend who works there and my resume was forwarded to their recruiter. I was contacted within about a week. I was told it would be a 15-20 minute phone interview, but it ended up closer to 30 minutes. The phone interview was pretty standard. The next week I was scheduled to do an in person interview for their business growth strategist position - which is what they call sales.

They asked a lot of questions based on the company's core values. Everyone I talked to was pleasant. Their questions seemed to be geared to finding out about my personality. When they started questioning me about my sales experience and past performance the interview got more intense.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? What made you want to apply? Why does this position stand out to you?   1 Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J&L Marketing (Louisville, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with the HR person, followed by an in-person interview with the manager of the department, lastly a brief interview with the team lead. Overall, the interview felt very laid back and comfortable. Questions were highly focused around 'what would you do in ....situation'. Most of the questions seemed to relate to employee response to negative situations and unmotivated people. In hindsight, it would have been more helpful if they had focused more heavily on the tasks, skills, and background knowledge of the job at hand, as well as my prior experience. It would have been even more useful if they had designed a series of tests/questionnaires, and maybe had the candidate complete a personality test prior to the interview. Most companies I've interviewed with have done that, and it's usually mutually beneficial.

Interview Questions

• There is a lot of negativity on our team, how do you plan to deal with that without becoming part of the problem?   1 Answer

Graphic Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J&L Marketing (Louisville, KY) in January 2017.

Interview

I followed up with the company on a recent application, and secured an immediate phone chat/informal interview. The HR rep made it clear that they would be in contact with me to schedule a Skype interview, and went so far as to name a specific day they would be sending me info about the scheduled time. They did not contact me, nor did they return a follow up call inquiring as to why they had stopped communicating.

Interview Questions

• What is your background in graphic design?   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at J&L Marketing (Louisville, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process moved very quick, but then stopped just as quickly. I was brought in the day after my phone interview, and then scheduled for a second interview within hours of my first face to face interview.

I was told that they would get back to me (regardless of whether it was a yes or no). This has not turned out to be the case, as I have not heard anything from them regarding my candidacy. While this is not a big deal, and they were very nice, not having any follow-up after the second interview bugs me.

Interview Questions

• You are the captain of a pirate ship, and you just looted another ship that had a ton of gold. How do you divide it up among your crew?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J&L Marketing (Louisville, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

Very open interview yet the recruiter truly sold the job and it seemed they were desperate to hire people. The time was not set well and I had to wait on a manager to come in for 20 min.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J&L Marketing in February 2016.

Interview

Skype interview with basic questions and a very easy process. The HR manager was great to discuss the role with and laid out the work load very well. Overall it was a very easy process with one short phone interview with simple generic questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about a flexible schedule and when are you able to start?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J&L Marketing (Louisville, KY) in November 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone intertview in which interviewer was late. The interviewer scheduled later for Skype. I signed on early and the interviewer said I was late because I didn't call her first. Anytime I have had a Skype the interviewer calls me once they are ready. Would not interview me at all, and said being late was unprofessional and they would not move forward with the interview. Reruiter email said she was logged in at 9:59am CST (10:59am EST) and still was. She said I missed the 10am start time, and she showed she missed my call at 10:05am CST. Unfortunately, being punctual is extremely important quality for this role and they would not move forward with me in becoming a Promotion Coordinator. Thanked fme for my interest in J&L Marketing. I both called and messaged her on Skype and she would not reply. Send me the email about not moving forward. Maybe she was intimidated by my experience. I'm pretty certain I'm not trying to take your job. But oh well.

Interview Questions

• Would I mind the pay at 11.00, asked about my experience, and detailed about the job position.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J&L Marketing.

Interview

The interview was via Skype. We simply set up a time to be online and they called me. I spoke with two team leaders and each asked reasonable questions. We spent 2-3 minutes on each question before moving on. The interview lasted about 40-45 minutes and they got back to me promptly, within 7 days.

Interview Questions

• How confident are you when speaking in front of a large group of people?   Answer Question