J&L Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J&L Marketing Interview Questions

2.9

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J&L Marketing (Louisville, KY).

Interview

The interview process was quick, but had more steps than I have had in other interviews. I had to submit my resume, answer questions via email, do a phone screen, and then an in person interview.
    I did all that within 2 and a half weeks.

Interview Questions

• What makes me more qualified for the role, than the other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very clear about the pay and benefits from the beginning, which was fine, because they were agreeable to me.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J&L Marketing (Louisville, KY).

Interview

I was referred to J&L Marketing from a friend who works there and my resume was forwarded to their recruiter. I was contacted within about a week. I was told it would be a 15-20 minute phone interview, but it ended up closer to 30 minutes. The phone interview was pretty standard. The next week I was scheduled to do an in person interview for their business growth strategist position - which is what they call sales.

They asked a lot of questions based on the company's core values. Everyone I talked to was pleasant. Their questions seemed to be geared to finding out about my personality. When they started questioning me about my sales experience and past performance the interview got more intense.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? What made you want to apply? Why does this position stand out to you?   1 Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J&L Marketing (Louisville, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with the HR person, followed by an in-person interview with the manager of the department, lastly a brief interview with the team lead. Overall, the interview felt very laid back and comfortable. Questions were highly focused around 'what would you do in ....situation'. Most of the questions seemed to relate to employee response to negative situations and unmotivated people. In hindsight, it would have been more helpful if they had focused more heavily on the tasks, skills, and background knowledge of the job at hand, as well as my prior experience. It would have been even more useful if they had designed a series of tests/questionnaires, and maybe had the candidate complete a personality test prior to the interview. Most companies I've interviewed with have done that, and it's usually mutually beneficial.

Interview Questions

• There is a lot of negativity on our team, how do you plan to deal with that without becoming part of the problem?   1 Answer

Promotion Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J&L Marketing (Louisville, KY) in May 2013.

Interview

You will first be contacted by there national recruiter who will say that she got your resume and will ask you a few questions and tell you more about the postion. Then she will set up a time with you later for a more in depth interview

Interview Questions

• what are 3 strengths that you have that will help you in this position   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J&L Marketing.

Interview

The interview was via Skype. We simply set up a time to be online and they called me. I spoke with two team leaders and each asked reasonable questions. We spent 2-3 minutes on each question before moving on. The interview lasted about 40-45 minutes and they got back to me promptly, within 7 days.

Interview Questions

• How confident are you when speaking in front of a large group of people?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J&L Marketing.

Interview

Met recruiter at a career fair, had a lengthy conversation.. basic questions about who I was and then reviewing the requirements of the position and if i felt comfortable with it. Got a call about a week or two later to set up a Skype interview. Interviewed with 2 people, had some behavior questions, constant reminders and questions about if I met qualifications for positions.
    The second person on skype, camera wasnt working so interview was a bit strange.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J&L Marketing.

Interview

I met a recruiter at my university's career fair and she called me the next day. She was extremely prompt and professional. The interview was via Skype and with two J&L employees. I thought having two separate interviewers was a great way for an employer to gain multiple perspectives of a potential employee and it kept me on my toes and making an impression.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J&L Marketing in February 2016.

Interview

Skype interview with basic questions and a very easy process. The HR manager was great to discuss the role with and laid out the work load very well. Overall it was a very easy process with one short phone interview with simple generic questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about a flexible schedule and when are you able to start?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J&L Marketing.

Interview

Found the job through my University's site. Applied and was contacted for a phone interview shortly after. After completion of the first I had a second interview with a higher level recruiter. Super easy interview overall you just have to be perky and happy. Pretty basic overall no tough questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Graphic Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J&L Marketing (Louisville, KY) in January 2017.

Interview

I followed up with the company on a recent application, and secured an immediate phone chat/informal interview. The HR rep made it clear that they would be in contact with me to schedule a Skype interview, and went so far as to name a specific day they would be sending me info about the scheduled time. They did not contact me, nor did they return a follow up call inquiring as to why they had stopped communicating.

Interview Questions

• What is your background in graphic design?   1 Answer