J&L Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.9

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at J&L Marketing (Louisville, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process moved very quick, but then stopped just as quickly. I was brought in the day after my phone interview, and then scheduled for a second interview within hours of my first face to face interview.

I was told that they would get back to me (regardless of whether it was a yes or no). This has not turned out to be the case, as I have not heard anything from them regarding my candidacy. While this is not a big deal, and they were very nice, not having any follow-up after the second interview bugs me.

Interview Questions

• You are the captain of a pirate ship, and you just looted another ship that had a ton of gold. How do you divide it up among your crew?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J&L Marketing (Louisville, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

Very open interview yet the recruiter truly sold the job and it seemed they were desperate to hire people. The time was not set well and I had to wait on a manager to come in for 20 min.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J&L Marketing (Louisville, KY) in November 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone intertview in which interviewer was late. The interviewer scheduled later for Skype. I signed on early and the interviewer said I was late because I didn't call her first. Anytime I have had a Skype the interviewer calls me once they are ready. Would not interview me at all, and said being late was unprofessional and they would not move forward with the interview. Reruiter email said she was logged in at 9:59am CST (10:59am EST) and still was. She said I missed the 10am start time, and she showed she missed my call at 10:05am CST. Unfortunately, being punctual is extremely important quality for this role and they would not move forward with me in becoming a Promotion Coordinator. Thanked fme for my interest in J&L Marketing. I both called and messaged her on Skype and she would not reply. Send me the email about not moving forward. Maybe she was intimidated by my experience. I'm pretty certain I'm not trying to take your job. But oh well.

Interview Questions

• Would I mind the pay at 11.00, asked about my experience, and detailed about the job position.   1 Answer

Promotion Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J&L Marketing.

Interview

The interview was via Skype. We simply set up a time to be online and they called me. I spoke with two team leaders and each asked reasonable questions. We spent 2-3 minutes on each question before moving on. The interview lasted about 40-45 minutes and they got back to me promptly, within 7 days.

Interview Questions

• How confident are you when speaking in front of a large group of people?   Answer Question

Business Growth Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J&L Marketing (Louisville, KY) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was fast. They did however, set the wrong expectations. The first year potential is 45k-50k if you're good at this, second year 70k-100k, and then so on and s on.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J&L Marketing.

Interview

The interview was over the phone since their corporate office is located in Lousivlle, Kentucky. Then they fly you in to KY for training if you get hired. The interview entailed your average questions. When have you gone above and beyond for a customer?

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Promotion Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J&L Marketing.

Interview

Met recruiter at a career fair, had a lengthy conversation.. basic questions about who I was and then reviewing the requirements of the position and if i felt comfortable with it. Got a call about a week or two later to set up a Skype interview. Interviewed with 2 people, had some behavior questions, constant reminders and questions about if I met qualifications for positions.
    The second person on skype, camera wasnt working so interview was a bit strange.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J&L Marketing.

Interview

Found the job through my University's site. Applied and was contacted for a phone interview shortly after. After completion of the first I had a second interview with a higher level recruiter. Super easy interview overall you just have to be perky and happy. Pretty basic overall no tough questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Promotional Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J&L Marketing (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I held a phone interview (since there were Skype issues). Very straightforward interview and the interviewer was very nice. This was the first and only interview. Was offered the job right after and then you go through training.

Business Growth Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J&L Marketing (Louisville, KY) in November 2013.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews with HR and a manager and the they flew me into Louisville KY for an in person interview. They have 2 locations - one downtown where the sales team offices and then another huge office outside of the city where the operations team offices. Everything and everyone was so welcoming and friendly. The interview was intense but productive- both of my interviewers were very impressive and knowledgable. They are looking for confident, outgoing hard working people!