JD Williams Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JD Williams Interview Questions

Interviews at JD Williams

2.7

Marketing Executive Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JD Williams in May 2017.

Interview

Was called for an interview and had to call in sick work as they weren’t being flexible at all. Interview ended up taking two hours. Had to complete an excel test with pivot charts along with a written test. They told me there and then they “didn’t need to see me” for a second interview. Already seemed like they had made their mind up and I was just a diversity quota to fill. Extremely rude.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at JD Williams.

Interview

Applied through agency, process took a few days. Only had 1 face to face interview with manager and architect - both really friendly. It was just really a discussion about my cv and how my experience was relevant to what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Tech test was easy, simple coding/SQL stuff which should pose no problems to anyone with moderate knowledge.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JD Williams (Manchester City Centre, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview was about 45 Minutes long. Interview questions for about 25 minutes, then role play about placing an order. Then a personality test. Interview process was straightforward and I was told after the interview that I was successful.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JD Williams (Manchester, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

good process and very good interview process based on skills assessment including verbal skills and interpersonal skills all was based on your interpersonal skills wich is very helpful in terms of the whole interview process

Interview Questions

• what do you feel about the job   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Airdrie, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JD Williams (Airdrie, Scotland (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

it was 2 stages ie a phone interview 1st that i passed then a meeting and exam were i passed and was offered the job and employed for job.

Interview Questions

• it was questions about the company to see what we knew about the company and what the company done ,and also a exam to follow that i passed and was offered the job within a few hours by phone call then e-mail.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was a set wage every month but there is chances to make more add ons to your wage with commision as in selling extra goods on your call to your customer .

Payment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JD Williams (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied for the job online. Was called shortly after for a telephone interview consisting of usual questions about work experiance and competency based questions. Was told i had passed this screening phase and invited to a face to face interview. This was quite relaxed and was just me and one lady from recruitment who was very friendly and asked a lot of similar questions to the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Name an occasion where you have showed excellent customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation

was a set wage

Email Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JD Williams (Manchester, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied on their career page and the HR department contacted me to set up a phone interview. Contacted me again via email to set up a 2nd interview. Went to their corporate office and met the manager and senior designer. Typical interview questions and process, but they were easy to chat to and went smoothly.

Select Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JD Williams in July 2014.

Interview

Applied on website. Took about 2 weeks for someone to get back to me.
    First spoke to the recruitment team who went through my cv and talked about the role, she then put me through for an interview. I actually applied for a sales position but they recommend the select service which was better hours and more pay.
    The interview was 2 on 1. Basic questions, then a few competency based questions. This lasted around 40 minutes then I had to do a role play.
    I had to go in the next room, in there was a phone and a few pages from a catalogue. I had 5 minutes to read through the pages I'd been given and write any notes down. Then they called me from another room acting as a customer.
    It told you how to open the call then you had to pay close attention to the catalogue numbers they give you as some were out of stock. I took that as an initiative to offer a similar item, giving a full description e.g. v neck, knee length lace detail etc.
    She wasn't sure so again I initiated the conversation and asked what the occasion was. With that info I offered a few other items as alternatives.
    After they've selected a few items you then have to show off your sale techniques! You need to offer them 2items they have never seen before.
    I linked them into the occasion that the cust mentioned earlier.

That was the end of the interview
    I found out about 3 days later that I got the position

Enquiries Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JD Williams (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

A great short and sweet interview, slightly formal and straight to the point, very friendly staff. Expected more intense questions and atmosphere and was slightly daunting the size of the offices but was made to feel relaxed and felt very positive coming out of the interview. Interview mainly focused on customer service experience and personality

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join JD williams?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JD Williams.

Interview

Applied through the N Brown website and received an email invitation for an interview 2 weeks later. Interview consisted of an Excel test, written test and around a 40-minute face-to-face interview. Excel test lasted 30 minutes and wasn't too difficult if you have some experience using it (basic formulas and pivot tables etc.). Written test was focused on the role specifically and how you would target international customers.

A formal interview was with the prospective acquisition manager and team member. Felt more informal as both made me feel welcome and relaxed straight away. General questions around experience and then more company focused questions concerning the company values of GUSTO.

Got an offer and began working for the company around 2 weeks later, but unfortunately received another offer from an application closer to home so had to leave. From my 2 days at N Brown, I was made to feel very welcome and it seemed like a fantastic place to work.