JDA Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JDA Software Interview Questions

Interviews at JDA Software

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JDA Software (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very casual. I was asked the usual interview questions and then had a 20 or so minute whiteboard challenge. Then we discussed any questions I had about the company and role.

Associate Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JDA Software (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They keep you in suspense for weeks prior and after the phone interview. Mine was kind of clingy but rode it till the end. The interviewer felt way too serious and her apathy did not make me wish to work for JDA Software. She did state the pay would be very low at the start.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JDA Software.

Interview

JDA generally does their recruiting in Waukesha through staffing agencies and do contract-to-hire. They try to be like major tech companies like Google and Microsoft using several 1-hour interviews and brain teaser questions.

Interview Questions

• One silly question about why manhole covers are round.   2 Answers

Negotiation

You start out as a contractor at a flat rate, You negotiate your salary at the end of that period once you're already in the job and have less leverage.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JDA Software in December 2016.

Interview

Started with basic phone screen (resume questions, why do you want to work here, career goals etc). Was followed buy a video interview with a group of developers, going over some basic programming questions and further questioning about resume and projects.Took about two week overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JDA Software (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through employee referral. The whole process took about 2 weeks.
    First one is a phone interview. They asked me about my background and they asked me about the projects that are in my resume.
    Second one is Face to Face interview. It was a direct interview with the team. They were so nice and the interview was so easy going. They tested mostly whether i will be a good choice to take into their team.

Interview Questions

• How fast can I learn a new technology.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JDA Software (Dallas, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

The whole process took 4 weeks. Received an email from HR to schedule for a phone screen. Asked questions on previous experience and HR told about the job responsibilities. Later received an email after 2 days that Hiring Manager wants to proceed and scheduled a phone interview with hiring manager next week. It was 45 min interview mostly about previous experience and more details about the team and projects going on at JDA. The hiring manager gave me lot of time to ask questions.

Received email that day itself to schedule for on site. On site interview consisted of 3 rounds. 30 minutes test which consisted of technical combined with logical reasoning. Next round was 45 min with the team members which was all behavioral. Third round was also 45 mins with senior members which consisted of lot of questions on resume and a basic white board coding.

Interview Questions

• Questions about past experience and resume.
      Basic coding question on white board   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JDA Software (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call from the recruiter. There are 3 rounds. HR round, Technical phone call interview and face to face interview. Phone call round is easy and takes 45 mins approximately. They asked me to attend for final face to face round. They gave me 2 hour slot in which 1 exam and 3 personal interview sessions with 3 team members separately, each half an hour. Exam is very easy, basic multiple choice questions about operands, operators etc. In personal interview sessions we are asked to do white boarding coding and some questions related to your resume.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JDA Software (Irving, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got a call almost within two weeks of applying. The first round was HR where the HR asked me questions related to my visa status etc. The second round was managerial round where the manager asked basic java questions and questions related to my resume. The third round was a skype interview which was for 4 hrs. I had virtually met the entire team I would be working with.

The first hour of the skype interview was a quiz where there were around 20 - 25 questions. These are multiple choice questions and the you are required to complete the quiz within 30 min.

The second hour of the skype interview was with two intermediate software engineers who asked me questions related to java and in depth questions about my projects.

The third hour was with 4 senior level architects and software engineers. They had asked me few system design questions (how do you design UNO game) and few programming questions like write Fibonacci series with and without recursion, what is the complexity etc.
    They had asked me few SQL based queries.

The last hour was with the project director which was very casual and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Fibonacci series with and without recursion. Core Java theoretical questions.   1 Answer

Office Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JDA Software.

Interview

Interview went really well. Nice facility, kind people, easy interview. However, didn't not let me ask questions or asked about myself. Should have been a flag, but I didn't not realize until I started the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Went really well and received what I was asking.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JDA Software (Waukesha, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Received call from recruiter. Interview was done in 4 phases. There were 3 pair interviews and a written test. Overall, the interview was fairly easy and straightforward. Written test is easy, just manage your time. I had some fun doing the interview. Cool, smart, and friendly people. Must have technical skills and experience with tools.

Interview Questions

• Find the longest substring between two strings.   1 Answer
    • Write a function to make add(x)(y) work in JavaScript.   1 Answer