JDRF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.8

Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JDRF (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had an initial phone screening interview with the typical interview questions. Was then asked to come in for an in-person interview with two women in the office. The actual interview was pleasant and seemed to go great. They have you take the Wonderlic test in office and when you get home. However what has really annoyed me is their lack of communication. Its been almost a week and a half with no word. I sent a thank you note the day of the interview and then a follow-up a week later. No response from anyone. If you have someone come in for an interview and they don't get the position a courtesy call would be nice!

Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JDRF (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

The process started with an initial interview with the office manager. The individual seemed to be more on a secretarial/admin level. Next was invited to interview in the office. Interviewers seemed unprepared and unorganized. Office in a state of turmoil. Got four completely different descriptions on what the position was going to actually be. Never received any feedback which seems to consistent with other online reviews. Disappointing in light of the serious nature of the disease state they are advocating for....

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Are good with details.....   Answer Question

National Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JDRF.

Interview

The process was extensive, thorough and drawn out over several months - which can make it very difficult to push for an offer if you're already in the midst of interviewing with other companies. Some rounds of interviews weren't scheduled for at least two weeks out. I understand that senior leaders are very busy and time constraints can be challenging, but it sets a less-than-stellar tone for prospective employees. Also, I felt like I had to aggressively follow up with HR to obtain input on next steps, which didn't make me feel valued. And even after I got through about five rounds of conversations, plus a writing test and a personality test, I wasn't even called to be informed that I didn't get the offer. Employers aren't the only ones who invest time - employees do as well, and companies need to remember that they are also being interviewed and scrutinized and treat people with the same level of follow-up and respect that they'd expect from top talent.

Interview Questions

• Don't you feel like this type of job would bore you or make you feel less challenged than your current role?   1 Answer

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JDRF (New York, NY).

Interview

In person, everyone I met was quite personable. I went through several rounds of interviews over a couple months, took a few online assessments, visited the office three times. On one trip to the office I was stood up for the scheduled interview...it was never rescheduled, though I went on to meet with other people. After getting deep into their selection process, they never contacted me again. No response to follow-up emails, did not take my call, and no rejection letter.

Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JDRF.

Interview

I applied online. I had a brief phone interview with one of the staff members. The interview was about twenty minutes long. It was just normal fundraising questions. Although, I didn't get the job, I got the sense that they were all " big donors" and "money" over cause just from the phone call which left a bad taste in my mouth to be honest.

Chief Human Resources Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at JDRF (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The search firm was very good at screen candidates, providing an overview of the company, position and CEO and leadership team. They prepared me well for the both interviews. First interview was with the CEO. The second interview was with a team interview with 6 people.

Interview Questions

• What would do doing your first week on the job?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at JDRF.

Interview

Had initial phone and Skype interviews with their recruiter, then in-person interview with potential direct supervisor. The process was facilitated by the recruiter who was very helpful throughout the entire process. Was provided with job description in advance and recruiter provided very useful background information on the organization and the current management structure.

Development Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JDRF.

Interview

Was called following my online application. I had a phone interview with the Development Director and the Assistant Executive Director. I was called in to meet with the Development Director for an interview that was one on one. A week later I was called back to the office where I took a personality test on the computer, and met the remainder of the chapter staff. I was called later that day to say that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Situation questions were common. For example, if this was your to do list today, in which order would you complete it and why.   Answer Question

Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JDRF.

Interview

All applications must be sent in online. I called 2 weeks after submitting my information to express my interest and ended up having a phone interview. I was brought in to speak with the hiring manager and it went well so I also spoke with the Executive Director. About 90 minutes and an IQ test, which you have to do at home then during the interview. No testing of software experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JDRF.

Interview

There were two different interviews in the office. You are required to take the Wonderlic Test twice, once at home when you first apply online and once in the office.