JDRF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 23, 2017

2.8

Marketing and Promotions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JDRF (Cleveland, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

Submitted online application. Set up phone interview for the next day. A lot of the questions dealt with creative solutions on how to reach out to the T1D community. Set up an in person interview with 3 staff members. Pleasant process, very organized and a positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Describe some of your past past experiences and how they make you a good fit for this position.   Answer Question

Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JDRF (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had an phone interview with the recruiter for the development coordinator position. He asked basic questions about the position and the duties. I'm just not sure if I would fit in with the company.

Associate/Senior Associate JDRF T1D Fund Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JDRF (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

My interview process with JDRF lasted 3.5 months in total, included multiple phone, skype and in-person interviews. It took two months after the in-person interviews in Boston for them to inform me they were no longer pursuing my candidacy.
    At that time, they offered to set up a call to provide me with feedback. A call was scheduled two weeks later and the hiring manager stood me up.
    I spent more than 15 hours of my personal time and wasted the resource of references for naught.
    Moreover, it's been six weeks since I submitted the JDRF's expense report and have not been refunded for my out-of-pocket expenses. I doubt if I'll ever see my money back. That's just not the way to treat potential employees.

Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JDRF (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had an initial phone screening interview with the typical interview questions. Was then asked to come in for an in-person interview with two women in the office. The actual interview was pleasant and seemed to go great. They have you take the Wonderlic test in office and when you get home. However what has really annoyed me is their lack of communication. Its been almost a week and a half with no word. I sent a thank you note the day of the interview and then a follow-up a week later. No response from anyone. If you have someone come in for an interview and they don't get the position a courtesy call would be nice!

National Director of Talent Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at JDRF (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone Screen followed by 3 skype interviews with a final multi -stakeholder interview at their offices in New York NY. All the stake holders were passionate, engaged professionals who clearly have a sense of mission with what they do. It was an amazing and positive experience! The fact that i was unable to accept the offer due to logistical reasons was incredibly disappointing for me. Anyone who gets to work with the team at JDRF will be very lucky!

Interview Questions

• Strong scenario based questions that dealt with the issues currently facing the organisation in the Talent/People space.   Answer Question

Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JDRF (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

The process started with an initial interview with the office manager. The individual seemed to be more on a secretarial/admin level. Next was invited to interview in the office. Interviewers seemed unprepared and unorganized. Office in a state of turmoil. Got four completely different descriptions on what the position was going to actually be. Never received any feedback which seems to consistent with other online reviews. Disappointing in light of the serious nature of the disease state they are advocating for....

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Are good with details.....   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JDRF (New York, NY).

Interview

In person, everyone I met was quite personable. I went through several rounds of interviews over a couple months, took a few online assessments, visited the office three times. On one trip to the office I was stood up for the scheduled interview...it was never rescheduled, though I went on to meet with other people. After getting deep into their selection process, they never contacted me again. No response to follow-up emails, did not take my call, and no rejection letter.

National Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JDRF.

Interview

The process was extensive, thorough and drawn out over several months - which can make it very difficult to push for an offer if you're already in the midst of interviewing with other companies. Some rounds of interviews weren't scheduled for at least two weeks out. I understand that senior leaders are very busy and time constraints can be challenging, but it sets a less-than-stellar tone for prospective employees. Also, I felt like I had to aggressively follow up with HR to obtain input on next steps, which didn't make me feel valued. And even after I got through about five rounds of conversations, plus a writing test and a personality test, I wasn't even called to be informed that I didn't get the offer. Employers aren't the only ones who invest time - employees do as well, and companies need to remember that they are also being interviewed and scrutinized and treat people with the same level of follow-up and respect that they'd expect from top talent.

Interview Questions

• Don't you feel like this type of job would bore you or make you feel less challenged than your current role?   1 Answer

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JDRF (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

There was an intro call with who would be my direct Supervisor. Then I took a personality assessment before an in person interview. I interviewed with my now supervisor and my team, then took the personality assessment again.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience working with corporations and if I would be comfortable soliciting sponsorship.   Answer Question

Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JDRF.

Interview

I applied online. I had a brief phone interview with one of the staff members. The interview was about twenty minutes long. It was just normal fundraising questions. Although, I didn't get the job, I got the sense that they were all " big donors" and "money" over cause just from the phone call which left a bad taste in my mouth to be honest.