JDRF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at JDRF

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JDRF in February 2017.

Interview

Standard interview. HR contacted me first, then hiring manager. Then set up in person with hiring manager, potential coworkers. Then interviewed with C-suite. I had applied for a different position, but was called to interview for what turned out to be a better one. I liked that they did some personality testing, as it means they were looking to be sure their new hires would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• They were looking for specific expertise and background, so lots of technical questions.   Answer Question

JDRF Response

Jul 22, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving this feedback... and thank you especially for joining JDRF! We are committed to finding talent that is a good fit for our values and our culture. We're so glad the... More

Special Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JDRF (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2010.

Interview

Process was good but depends solely on Executive Director of hat chapter. it deosnt seem to have a nationwide process attached to hiring. Along iwth the rest of the foundations problems there is no consistency to this process, or any other except walks. The last interview wasn't an interview at all since the people I met with didn't realize an offer was already extended to me. Awkward.

Interview Questions

• Whats the least favorite quality of a person you have ever worked with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JDRF (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

Quick and average. Emailed back and forth and future interview with the direct location of where the position is located. Average to easy interview compared to other companies in the field.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JDRF.

Interview

Had a phone interview and then was asked to come in for an in person.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? What do you think JDRF could do better?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JDRF (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Get in good with upper management. Or marry one....

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for JDRF?   1 Answer

Negotiation

All cut and dried.

Associate Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at JDRF (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Met briefly with potential manager. Discussed my work background and job history. Identified areas that fit and those that did not. I covered many of the skills I've developed over the past 10 - 15 years, followed with next steps in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the expectations of this position?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JDRF (New York, NY).

Interview

When through a 3rd party recruiter. Had an in-person interview.
    1) Meet with HR, and all she convey to me was that she was very busy and pointed to all the resumes scatter on her desk.
    2) Meet with hiring manager and director (via phone-conference).
      - Ask me a several questions of issues that they were facing with salesforce, and ask me to give them detail solutions that doesn't cost them "resources".
      - She got belligerent, and yelled at me after she didn't like my solution. Essentially, want me to work for free on the spot.
      - When I ask more detail about this position, somehow they got caught off guard and seem absolutly clueless of what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• What other program languages do you know?   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JDRF (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

The process consisted of 1 phone interview with the recruiter, followed by 4 interviews (2 phone, 2 in person) with the research staff. The decision to hire came less than 2 weeks after the last interview and the offer came about 1 week later. The interviews were very conversational and laid back.

Negotiation

One full day of negotiations. The recruiter was rather aggressive during this process and offered little or no wiggle room for salary.

Exempt Non Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at JDRF (Washington, DC).

Interview

What a joke of a process, intimidation is not a great way to find talent, no sane person would want to work for a non-profit that uses these interview techniques. Scaring away talent isn’t a useful tactic. Smh

Interview Questions

• Of course the obligatory what interested you in this position blah blah blah.   Answer Question

JDRF Response

Jul 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post these insights. We're sorry the interview process was not a positive experience for you, and we'd be very interested in hearing more about how we can improve... More

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JDRF (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online directly to the JDRF and got a phone call almost immediately. Spent about 40 minutes talking to the recruiter. She set me up with a call with one of the hiring managers. The hiring manager was almost 15 minutes late calling with little apology. That call lasted around an hour. I then received an email from some random company with a link to a personality test – this test was not mentioned in either interview – pretty bad form in my opinion. I spent about 40 minutes completing the test. Followed up with the recruiter and got no response. It’s pretty obvious at this point that I didn’t get the job but they could at the very least have the professional courtesy to let me know. A two line email doesn’t take much effort. So overall I don’t have a good impression and will likely not apply to them again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of the employee relation issues you have handled   Answer Question