JDSU Interview Questions in Colorado Springs, CO | Glassdoor

JDSU Interview Questions in Colorado Springs, CO

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JDSU (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2012.

Interview

Regular process. Met with potential Director, then flew to meet his boss. provide technical description on previous works. answered questions. company covered all expenses. didn't work out as hiring was abruptly terminated.

Interview Questions

• previous experience, both technical and people management.
      they are very interested in what I am asking for salary.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JDSU (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2011.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter who scheduled an on the phone interview. The phone interview consisted of a group of 4 people taking turns asking personality/basic technical screening questions. The phone interview was the least technical part of the process. I got the feeling that they wanted to gauge personality. I was asked to come into the office the next day. The in-office interview was mainly technical, consisted of mostly of knowledge based questions related to the languages I would be working in as well as some general programming theory general knowledge questions. Additionally I had to read from some class diagrams and flowcharts and plot them out in code. The third day I told, through the recruiter, that they wanted to make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain the use of the C++ type qualifiers; auto, volatile, const etc...   Answer Question
    • Explain what revision control is and why it is useful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was more than I expected, did not try to negotiate.